PDA

View Full Version : A big step for me.

Katie Lynn cd
01-22-2014, 12:36 PM
For the second time since December, my wife has let me dress at home. It has taken over 15 years to get to this point. While we have had discussions (some good, some bad), we were to a large degree DADT. She still does not want to see me dressed which I understand. The first time I dressed at home I just stayed in another part of the house…today she is out and told me it would be fine for me to dress as long as I am done before she gets back. This gives me several hours that I usually don't get. I just believe this is such a big step for both of us. She has told me that in the future just to let her know before and we should be able to compromise. I feel like an openness has been created that never existed before. We may never get to any point beyond this, but it certainly has brought me joy that I am appreciative. :)

Katie

Caden Lane
01-22-2014, 12:56 PM
Congrats on such a good e olution in your relationship.

Christina Kay
01-22-2014, 01:01 PM
Katie So very happy for you :) The visual part seems to be the hardest to overcome ...Hugs:battingeyelashes:

Katey888
01-22-2014, 01:07 PM
Katie - that's great to hear and so positive for you both.

A good example of taking time, not pushing too hard, letting your wife set a pace she is comfortable with.

I think we can all feel your joy - congratulations! :cheer:

All things come to he/ she who waits... :)

Katey x

Jesse Six
01-22-2014, 01:09 PM
We may never get to any point beyond this

There's always hope - how did she tell you? Did you ask for permission to dress while she was out, or did she volunteer this? You know: "I've been thinking - it's ok for you to do it while I'm out".

If it's the latter, it would sound to me like she's warming to this.
Hope is stronger than fear!

Jane Doe
01-22-2014, 05:10 PM
My partner knows about my CD'ing although I don't think to what extent, She gives me one night per week when she visits relatives that gives me freedom to cxplore and experiment with femme stuff. I know she only part approves of what I do but she is getting around to understanding more. At least now its out a bit I don't have to sneak around and borrow her stuff and use my own. In fact she has brought me some of her cast offs that I like and fit into perfectly that expands my wardrobe. I find it reassuring that she knows what I do and to a degree supports me. I hope you enjoy your time out too. x

reb.femme
01-22-2014, 05:23 PM
Hi Katie,

Definitely sounds like a big positive step in the right direction. You seem perfectly aware of keeping within the agreed terms (that sounds so legalistic) so just keep on doing as you're doing. Happy days :).

I can dress just about when I want but I always let my wife know that I intend to dress. If she is at work when I dress, I text her to let her know so that she isn't hit with me en femme without notice. Works for us!

Rebecca

Diversity
01-22-2014, 07:08 PM
Good to hear, Katie. My relationship with my wife sounds identical to yours. I guess it's a healthy and sustainable compromise between us, that with mutual respect and understanding, we can both live with and still enjoy our individuality. Best wishes to you both!
Di

Kristy 56
01-22-2014, 07:36 PM
My wife knows that I CD ,and when I pushed it a little too far we had some problems. I said I'd stop,but I believe she knows that I still do it,because any time she's gone for a long period of time she calls and says, " I 'll be home in 15 minutes"

Rachael Leigh
01-22-2014, 07:39 PM
That's so great Katie, I know with my DADT relationship I'm blessed that my wife and I work different schedules and my mornings are free to dress. I'm not sure what will happen when that is no longer true. I only hope we will also come to a compromise.
Good luck with future times hon

Sallee
01-22-2014, 07:39 PM
congrats on reaching an agreement. But it does suck that you can't do what you want to do in your own home

Angie G
01-22-2014, 07:47 PM
Good for you Katie. Keep it slow girl, I hope your wife can let it grow.:hugs:
Angie

Beverley Sims
01-23-2014, 06:10 AM
And as Ru Paul would say...... Don't mess it up. :)

Katie Lynn cd
01-23-2014, 11:42 AM
There's always hope - how did she tell you? Did you ask for permission to dress while she was out, or did she volunteer this? You know: "I've been thinking - it's ok for you to do it while I'm out".

If it's the latter, it would sound to me like she's warming to this.
Hope is stronger than fear!

I had been asking for permission about once a month. I have not been traveling with work lately, so she knows I have not been able to dress at all. She has shown great understanding with the fact I am not able to do it as often as I had. She did tell that I do not need "permission", but I think asking still allows for some boundaries and expectations to be set. It's just so nice to be able to dress in the comforts of your own home. I certainly had a wonderful time.

vallerie lacy
01-23-2014, 11:49 AM
So happy for you. Perhaps she has gotten a better understanding of just who we girls are and that there isn't any reason to fear our fun. I don't know why she wouldn't want to see you dressed, in your avatar pic you look great. I hope you'll be dressing at home much more often.