PDA

View Full Version : Leigh sees the real world. Today was my first outing en fem

Rachael Leigh
01-22-2014, 12:51 PM
Today was an exciting day for me I got up this morning and it hit me, today is going to be the day I make my entrance into the real world enfem.
I did my close shaving and shaved again for the closest shave and then the makeup started. I will say this practice makeup several times before you go out it has really helped me get the look I want.
I finished it up and it was about as good as I can do. I begin to put my outfit together and just want to make sure Im not over the top but just a nice blend.
Red layered blouse with a nice cami under, my girls jeans and my ankle boots.
I borrow some jewelry from my wife and also find a nice scarf.
I put on my new shorter wig add my earrings and take a look in my mirror.
I see myself as Leigh and know I can and will do this. I put my purse together and head out the door to my car. My heart was pounding the whole time while I was putting this all together but I knew it was time.
I also did my nails to complete it all.
Off I drove to the mall and found a parking spot. No hesitation I get out of my car and put my eye glasses away into my purse, I know I look ok with them but know Im more passable without them, not to mention its hard to really see reactions if Im not passing.
First stop is Forever 21 I make a pleasant hello to the SA and just browse a few clothes and then leave. I make my way down to a very empty mall and head for Sears, I look around in the ladies department for a few min and decide Im ready to go on.
The most unbelievable thing then happens as Im going toward the door in the manly tool section, I pass by the male SA and he says good morning ma'am how are you I nod and say fine thank you and head on toward the door.
Oh my it put me on cloud 9 my first outing and I looked good enough to blend, wow.
So my confidence high I head to Dress Barn off the mall, I decide to leave my glasses on for this stop knowing their rep for accepting CDs, I say hi to the SA and tell her Im just looking and Im pretty sure she says something to the other SA Im a guy so yes Im read but its ok Im comfortable and I might just find something.
I don't find anything I just have to have so its time to make my way home.
I loved being out and enjoyed it, Im not sure its going to be an experience I will do that often or as often as I know many here do but it felt great.
Special thanks to Isha and Samantha as well as Marisa Rose for helping me in my confidence, you are all special ladies.
Hugs Leigh.
Oh and I will have some pictures up tomorrow or Friday.

Katey888
01-22-2014, 12:55 PM
That's a lovely experience, Leigh - I'm sure the first of many.

Great that you can share that with us and some of the joy that you are obviously feeling right now.

Congratulations! :cheer:

Katey x

KayleeTaylor
01-22-2014, 01:01 PM
Congrats on your first time out. Sounds like a really positive one :) Once you get out, it's hard to stop! Have fun!!!

:hugs:

Kaylee :)

ArleneRaquel
01-22-2014, 01:01 PM
A lovely story posted by a lovely lady. Best Wishes darlin !

StaceyJane
01-22-2014, 01:05 PM
Sounds like a great bit of fun.

Caden Lane
01-22-2014, 01:08 PM
Congrats Leigh on an awesome sounding day. Color me envious.

GretchenJ
01-22-2014, 01:15 PM
Good for you Leigh.. I am happy that your first time out was an enjoyable one. And yes, the support staff here I agree are second to none !!
(Isn't the best feeling of all the car ride back home when you think about what you accomplished ?)
Congrats
Gretch

Christina Kay
01-22-2014, 01:20 PM
Such an interesting day :) congrats on your 1st time out , I know there will be many more :) Hugs:battingeyelashes:

Valarie
01-22-2014, 02:47 PM
Wow sounds like you had a great time. For me I plan everything, so I am trying to become more spontaneous. So you waking up and deciding right then and there that you are ready to go for the first time really gives me confidence. :) Thanks for sharing your great day out!

KaceyR
01-22-2014, 02:47 PM
A hearty congrats to you! It gets easier as you go...
And once the genie's out of the bottle... (Or the Leigh's out of the house :))
Best wishes for more wonderful experiences!

shawnablack77
01-22-2014, 03:01 PM
Wow amazing, I'm glad you had a good time. Its stories like yours that give me confidence to try going out. I'm nervous and scared what people might say if I'm read. But I have to accept that and know only a few might notice but the majority of people won't. Thanks for sharing and giving me alittle more confidence. ;)

kendra_gurl
01-22-2014, 03:03 PM
Well done Leigh. You will always remember this day and even if you decide to never go out again you now know what it is all about.

Katehall
01-22-2014, 03:08 PM
So happy to read successful stories like yours! Big congrats to you!!!
I will never forget my first outing and I certainly will not forget my first full public interaction outing. I don't have the time to post it now, but I will hopefully before the day is out. Again so happy for you!

Genny B
01-22-2014, 03:19 PM
Great story! Still building up the nerve here and your story does help!
Genny B

Rachael Leigh
01-22-2014, 04:03 PM
Just as a note the picture in my avitar is what I wore.
Thanks so much for all the comments too. I'm at work now but man it's crazy my mood today is better than it's been in days, could it be because of my morning? Don't know but wow,

Nicolesmyth
01-22-2014, 05:37 PM
Leigh
Way to go. I have been out a couple of times, but I still get nervous. When I realize that someone has read me I bail pretty quick.
Nicole

Sophie Yang
01-22-2014, 05:43 PM
Leigh,

Great first adventure out. It only gets easier and less stressful with each successful adventure out!

Suzanne F
01-22-2014, 06:10 PM
Leigh
Way to go! That first step is the biggest! I am so happy that you got to experience the world as Leigh. I hope you go out as often as you like. It only gets better. I suggest you find some other girls now that you can meet when out. I love meeting other girls from this forum!
Hugs
Suzanne

njcddresser
01-22-2014, 06:32 PM
Congrats on your first trip out. I think I'll be next!! I have the courage, just waiting on the right opportunity.

Jane Doe
01-22-2014, 06:42 PM
well done. I dont go out often but its always nice when |I do and I have plenty of happy memories because of them x

S. Lisa Smith
01-22-2014, 06:48 PM
Glad you had a wonderful time. Next time will be even easier. We look forward to the pictures!!

Diversity
01-22-2014, 06:50 PM
Good for you, Leigh! I wish you more and more pleasant outings, such as the one you just had. Good luck!
Di

Lillyasia
01-22-2014, 07:32 PM
Congratulations on your first outing Leigh. I'm sure there will be many more to come.

I had my first real outing last Friday and the cloud nine feeling is still with me. Like you, I just woke up and said this is the day and went for it.

Sallee
01-22-2014, 07:44 PM
Isn't it fun getting out. I wish I could figure it out. I have been out a lot to malls movies etc. and it is always fun. But if I were to do the same thing in guy mode. I would get frustrated and bored. Maybe its that we think we are fooling some one. I just don't know.
Just keep having fun and don't worry about it.

Kristy 56
01-22-2014, 07:46 PM
Leigh, I'm happy for you that your first outing was a good experience. I'm sure that you're on cloud 9 tonight. Enjoy it,and start thinking of the next outing.

julia marie
01-22-2014, 07:47 PM
Great to hear that you got out. Congrats!

Angie G
01-22-2014, 07:59 PM
You go girl glad you enjoyed being out hun.:hugs:
Angie

Beverley Sims
01-23-2014, 06:16 AM
Leigh,
It made me feel warm and fuzzy inside to read your first experience out.
I hope it is the first of many for you.

stephNE
01-23-2014, 06:38 AM
Leigh, that is a wonderful story, thank you for posting!

Marissa M
01-23-2014, 07:42 AM
What a wonderful day.

Claire Cook
01-23-2014, 08:31 AM
Yes, wonderful story Leigh -- congrat's! It is so great when we read positive stories of that first time out. Hon, you'll remember this day for a long time. We hope it's the first of many for you!

Brandy9
01-23-2014, 10:12 AM
Congrats Leigh As everyone says, It will get easier from here. I remember when I had my first time out. Very similar to your experience. Now it's a matter of being prepared so when the opportunity arises, I have my favorite outfit or two ready, can get made up pretty quickly, and have a purse/ pocketbook ready with all essentials. Enjoy the fun of just blending in en fem. hugs, Brandy

Laura Collette
01-23-2014, 10:30 AM
Congratulations, Leigh! An outing like that would put me on top of the world. Many more.

Laicee
01-23-2014, 11:28 AM
That sounds like a fun time. I've been out a few times, and my P.O. box and I have a regular thing going around 430-5am a couple times a week.. I'm always anxious that someone will also be checking mail, and sometimes I'm even disappointed that nobody was. This morning thought I got there a bit later, 530, and a car was in the lot. As I walked in, and older lady walked out and we just kind of nodded to each other.. naybe one of these days I'm going to have to use my girl voice, though I'm still a bit to nervous to go the the mall... at least while it is open.. ;)
Keep Having Fun,
Laicee

samanthasolo
01-23-2014, 11:30 AM
Leigh, Congratulations!!!!!! You did it GF! I am so happy for you!!!!!! I am honored and it was my pleasure to help and inspire you to take the big step that you desired to take. Aside from the ride on the clouds, you should be so proud of yourself because YOU did this! You overcame your fears, your insecurities and self doubts, and most importantly YOU found that COMFORT ZONE and connection between what you feel inside and what you see in the mirror. Was it then that it clicked inside your head that IT WAS ABOUT YOU! and NOT What anyone else was going to think?
Just when I was starting to sense a Lull and Silence from you, I never expected something this BIG to shatter the sound of the pin drop!
A W E S O M E G F!

Marcelle
01-24-2014, 07:11 AM
Hi Sweetie,

CONGRATS and I am so proud of you for taking the step I know Leigh has been dying to take. I am also honoured to have helped in a small way but it was all you Leigh. The story was absolutely amazing and I felt every heartbeat and anxiety you felt as I experienced the same thing on my first outing. Kendra is correct in that you will always remember this "day of days" whenever you go out. Should you choose to go out again it will only get easier each time as confidence builds.

Special hugs

Isha

tracigirl_tv
01-24-2014, 07:18 AM
Leigh, I so enjoyed reading this, thank you for sharing it with us all. Nice going, girl!!!

Patty F
01-25-2014, 05:22 PM
Congrats glad you had a great day

victoriamwilliams1
02-25-2014, 08:44 AM
Congratulations on your first outing! I will say you have done better than many of us have.

My first outing I was shaking so bad till I got out the car and got back in a few times till I just got out! However once I opened that door I want to be out more and more. Now I am very natural being out and about and my 6'8" height is not much of a bother to me as it used to be. However it gets easier as you keep going.