PDA

View Full Version : Therapy Help

skylance
01-22-2014, 01:05 PM
I'm not exactly sure if this is the right section to post this or not. If not I do apologize.

The other day, I had to sit down with myself and be completely honest. I'm not going to go in to details with the thought process because I really don't want to bore everyone to death. Suffice to say, I had been looking up some of the symptoms of GID or GDD and some of them fit the bill, not all, but enough to make me think that seeing a therapist specializing in Adult Gender Identity (I'm 29 in March) might be a good idea.

Only problem, I live in the North Texas / Southern Oklahoma area. Does anyone know of any Gender Therapists or ways to find a good one in the Dallas area? Any help that I can receive in regard to this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Sky

Valarie
01-22-2014, 02:58 PM
Hi, I am not sure if this applies to you, but if you are enrolled in a university or college you can take advantage of the campuses counseling services. I am doing that right now, and it is free. You could also check your local Planned Parenthood to see if they know any support groups that could point you in the right direction. I hope this can help :)

Katehall
01-22-2014, 03:27 PM
I had this same issue in Texas. I looked around and found a few who specialize in this area but have not done it for long. And I don't know about you but I'm not going to talk about my complex issues with a rookie. If I need to I'll travel I will don't settle for help if they are not really going to help. Sorry I'm not of more help, but keep me in mind if you find someone well suited for this type of work. I'll do the same for you.

sandra-leigh
01-22-2014, 04:20 PM
I will ask someone I know who is in that area.

skylance
01-22-2014, 06:15 PM
Alright, thank you Sandra, and thank you everyone else who has responded so far.

sandra-leigh
01-23-2014, 01:46 AM
I was given the name Feleshia Porter as highly recommended. (I was also given a negative remark for someone else but as I have no personal knowledge of the therapist I will not post that publicly)

Dana921
01-23-2014, 09:44 AM
One of the things becoming more available (at least here in Colorado) is meeting a therapist a couple of times and then using Skype or other visual means to lesson the travel to them for some of the sessions. May be worth checking into for some folks.