PDA

View Full Version : 2nd outing still really nervous any advice

Megan.
01-23-2014, 12:00 PM
Hi there its megan as the title says this will be my second outing to a cd support group i a way i am really looking forward to it but in another i am petrified do you great people have any advice for me thanks megan

ps i hope to put a picture of my new outfit i will be wearing tomorrow so please look out for it and tell me what you think thank again.

Dana M
01-23-2014, 12:05 PM
Hi megan,
I hope you meeting goes well. Are you going solo this time or is mom going to back you up again? You did it once so it should be a little easier this time. Just relax. Good luck.

Megan70
01-23-2014, 12:07 PM
As one Megan(sister) to another, have lots of confidence. You'll do just fine. After getting your feet wet a few times you'll find it exhilarating and want to go out more and more, and with more outings and practice and Confidence you'll have it down pat with nothing to worry about.
Love
the (other)
Megan70

Megan.
01-23-2014, 12:12 PM
Hi megan,
I hope you meeting goes well. Are you going solo this time or is mom going to back you up again? You did it once so it should be a little easier this time. Just relax. Good luck.

she is coming with me again but i think that is a good thing !!!

Danielle_cder
01-23-2014, 12:17 PM
Get out there have fun!

Dana M
01-23-2014, 12:21 PM
Megan,

I'm glad your mom is supporting you in this. Good Luck with the outing. You and mom should have alot of fun.

carhill2mn
01-23-2014, 01:57 PM
My advice is to continue to go "out" as often as you can, enjoy the experiences and learn from them and always smile a lot! Act confidently as if you belong wherever you may be. Your nervousness will eventually disappear.

Sophie Yang
01-23-2014, 06:00 PM
Megan,

You do not mention why you are petrified. If is is a support group, just relax and let Megan enjoy her time with the group. Some support groups are very active and have several planned events per week and others may meet once a month. All the girls I know are very accepting and really welcome new members and want to make them feel comfortable.

Have fun.

jennifercd
01-23-2014, 07:35 PM
My only advice is to continue to get out. I have only been out a handful of times but each time it does get easier. When you first experience that moment where you forget you are dressed and everything is just normal it feels so good. For me both times I have had that feeling, the realization of it snapped me out of it. I am working on getting past that.

kimdl93
01-23-2014, 07:46 PM
The nerves are normal. Just push yourself through them....once you're out the door,they will soon be out of your thoughts.

Rachelakld
01-24-2014, 02:37 AM
Pretend your an actor in a Shakespearian play (they were not allowed to use females, so blokes had to play that role)
For me, I just assumed I was crazy, so I smiled, then everyone else thought I was crazy (probably my smile, or maybe my dress), and we all had fun.

Beverley Sims
01-24-2014, 02:48 PM
MEGAN!

Just stay cool! :)

You are going out to enjoy yourself, not the dentist.

Caden Lane
01-24-2014, 03:29 PM
Just think of those of us who haven't yet had the opportunity to venture out yet. We are living vicariously through you! So hop to it girlie!,,