PDA

View Full Version : Cold weather fun......

Paulacder
01-24-2014, 04:08 PM
For those of you living in the N.E no need to tell you about the bone chilling weather we are having, sub zerro temps. are keeping a lot of us from leaving the house. I found this is a great oppertunity to dress and lounge around the house all day.

Beverley Sims
01-25-2014, 12:02 PM
I just hope that November is not like this.
I don't mind snow but icicles are another matter. :)

Jaylah414
01-25-2014, 12:22 PM
I'm sure it's a lot colder in the northeast than it is here on the Gulf coast, but I can sympathize with you. Yesterday, the temperature never rose above freezing. Almost every bridge and overpass was closed after dozens of accidents occurred early morning. Just getting to work is an adventure trying to find alternate routes. There's just tons of bridges down here.

We lost power at the plant due to ice! It's typically thirty degrees warmer this time of year and we're expecting temps in the low twenties early this coming week. You folks up north may think that this is mild, but we don't get this kind of weather often and are completely unprepared. Twelve inch icicles in South Louisiana! That's just unheard of!

But, I'd still rather be down here, right now. I wish you folks up north all the best.

5150 Girl
01-25-2014, 03:20 PM
i have switched from dresses to slacks for the arctic blast we are having! :(

RADER
01-25-2014, 08:30 PM
Yes; slacks or jeans are the way to go.
Yesterday evening, I went to the Garage and hopped into my Tahoe to plow some snow off the driveway
and retrieve the mail. I was wearing a dress, a little below the knee, but I did not have any hose on.
That wind with the 6 degree temp flew rite up my dress and liked froze my in an instance.
I do see why you do not see skirts or dresses out in the winter.
Rader

BLUE ORCHID
01-25-2014, 08:44 PM
Hi Paula, I have had my long wool skirts and heavy sweaters out sense mid December.