PDA

View Full Version : Got to combine two of my favorite things today ... And came away with a question...

ShelbyDawn
01-24-2014, 09:19 PM
Got up this morning to icy roads and a email from the boss not to come in. (it's OK, the whole team got the same email)

So what's a girl to do with a whole day to do nothing? Well, it obviously starts by getting dressed, right? Since it was cold out, I chose some nice tights with a sweater and a nice skirt on top of my panties, bra and forms. I then did a little channel surfing and found that there are times when cable really is 160 channels of nothing to watch. :)

So, what to do???

I do wood work and have a handful of partially completed projects in my shop, so I spent the day in my wood shop, dressed, working on one of my projects.
Nothing like the feel of satin and lace combined with the smell of fresh cut wood.

Not really that big a deal I guess it was just a very nice relaxing day. :)

The question is this:
What traditionally masculine/macho things do you do while dressed?

:hugs:

Shelby

PS. Tights and a skirt is really warmer than I thought it would be.

Marcia Blue
01-24-2014, 09:40 PM
I love to do wood working dressed. Red nails real show up well, near spinning blades.

ShelbyDawn
01-24-2014, 09:50 PM
Now that you mention it, fresh painted nails would make one much more careful on the band saw. Wouldn't want to mess up the mani... :)

docrobbysherry
01-24-2014, 09:52 PM
Shopping: Jumps out at me! However, u may live out in the boonies and/or not able to get out because of the weather? If u mean at home? I have piles of ladies things that need altering and/or repairing, and/or washing and ironing. Heels that need stretching and/or repairing, and boots that need polishing. Wigs that need washing and/or combing out. Photos of Sherry that need editing and online friends that I need to send notes to.

Also, breast forms that need patching. And, masks that need painting. But, never mind those things. I think u get the idea!

DeeDeeB
01-24-2014, 10:02 PM
Rewired the electric in my garage in a miniskirt. Less confining than jeans. But whatever I do it is more comfortable in a dress, except maybe using the chainsaw outside in the winter.

DeeDee :fairy1:

Jilmac
01-24-2014, 10:59 PM
I have a small tool sharpening business that I run from my garage. I dress en femme at times when doing the sharpening but only in jeans and an old top because I don't want to damage a nice outfit and pantyhose from flying sparks.

Erica Marie
01-24-2014, 11:30 PM
I too am an avid woodworker. But have never dressed to work in my shop. My male self usually ends up doing most of the work around the house, mainly because no one knows about my femme side. But just before Christmas I did have some alone time and Erica was nice enough to do some painting for me. What a trooper she was balancing between two ladders in her capris and cute top, painting the walls of my staircase going to the second floor. She really did a wonderful job :-) too bad I cant have her around the house more often.

Jaylyn
01-24-2014, 11:42 PM
I underdress when I go to the farm often. I also have a wood shop and a building that I reload my ammo and have all my hunting clothes and deer things in its a wooden building with a big front porch that I sometimes dress and go work in also. Nothing like going out back in heels and my short skirts to just lock every thing up. My house hides me from anyone seeing me even if someone pulled up. I know what you mean about smelling that fresh wood when wearing full makeup I love it... Lol

Aprilrain
01-25-2014, 06:09 AM
You know you're a crossdresser if.....you wear nice clothes to do woodwork.

If I have to do grubby work, I wear jeans a T shirt and an old sweatshirt (its one of the few male articals of clothing I have left) Though on occasion I've been lazy or it wasn't worth changing, like last summer when I put some shelves up in my garage whilst wearing a dress. I was lucky I didn't ruin it though!

Donnagirl
01-25-2014, 06:47 AM
I underdress just about all the time when working at home. A bra under overalls is a strangely gratifying experience.

Anna H
01-25-2014, 06:55 AM
I make metal parts for a few companies. Some are clean and easy,
some are big & dirty...but I work alone, so I dress however I feel
at the moment.

There are many parts in the world on high tech machinery made
by a guy in a nice dress!

(I've anodized a few a nice bright pink color!)

♥ Kate

suzy1
01-25-2014, 07:05 AM
I race online with my son [codemasters formula one] and last night he phoned up and asked if I wanted a race.
So Suzy dressed in skinny jeans and a nice top climbed into her red bull F1 car to race.

I did take off my 4” heels to operate the peddles.:heehee:

Jackie7
01-25-2014, 09:03 AM
Yes I'm another woodworking home handy person and I usually underdress in the shop, but I don't like to get sawdust in my girl clothes, and heels are definitely not the thing for climbing ladders nor wrangling planks through the planer. Also some machines, like the lathe, need to be at the right height for your own elbows, heels screw that up too. Ask me how I know all that tee hee.

Beverley Sims
01-25-2014, 11:13 AM
Shelby,
Tights, skirt and boots are really warm when going out.
I do welding and metalwork while dressed, my hair does get in the way sometimes and welding splatter can play havoc with non human hair. :)