PDA

View Full Version : Another step forward, another step back.

KayleeTaylor
01-25-2014, 10:24 PM
Good news first :)

My daughter has started calling me mommy :) She asked if she could after she already had been doing it off and on for a few days now. Since I said yes, that seems to be all that she is calling me from now on! I am over the moon with joy right now, my daughter is sooooo awesome!

Now, my mom doesn't seem like she is going to come around. We had a few talks over the past few days and yesterday she asked if she could have Brianna (my daughter) for the weekend. I told her she could have her Friday night and I would call in the morning to come pick her up. Well, my mom called me about 9AM and said that they were going out to a fair. She said that she would call me when they got back, they never did. I called and called for most of the day, I didn't want to go over because my mom lives 30 miles away (45min drive). So I was relying on her to call me back. When I decided that enough was enough, I went to her house at 4PM. I wont go into the details, but we argued and she tried to keep Brianna. Yeah, like that was gonna happen.

So, me and Brianna are back home and she is not very happy with her grandma right now. Brianna loves me and she is fully accepting, she is the only one in my life that truly matters to me and I couldn't be happier :D

Bree Wagner
01-26-2014, 12:18 AM
Wow, definitely good and bad. Just ridiculous behavior by your mother in my opinion. Glad things are going so well with your daughter!

-Bree

Jorja
01-26-2014, 11:00 AM
You have had some success and some difficulty. It's great that your daughter is willing to call you mommy but then it is probably easier for her to connect with. As for your Mother, give it some time. She is just worried about you. She thinks you are ruining your life or maybe it is just a fad or phase you are going through or something. Show her by your actions, you are serious, you are going to survive, you are going to be alright, and I am sure she will come around to showing her support for you. And sometimes that is just the way life is, one step forward, two steps back.

TrishaMarie
01-26-2014, 07:25 PM
Kaylee, My thoughts and prayers are with you. Parents can be really tough, I used to say before my mom passed away, I love my mom, but sometimes she is really hard to love. I know she loved me, but just couldn't show it in a way that didn't seem controlling.

Trisha