PDA

View Full Version : My Saturday Evening Post

Ilsa
01-25-2014, 11:30 PM
Settled down on this cold evening to watch a movie and what came up on my TV screen, but 'Some Like It Hot.' So of course I had to watch it! Can't tell if I was more interested in Marilyn Monroe or what clothes Tony Curtis and Jack Lemon were wearing. Who am I kidding, I was interested in what Lemon, Curtis and Monroe were wearing.

Allisa
01-25-2014, 11:41 PM
One of my very favorite movies for so many reasons. The clothing from that era looks so feminine, all that silk and satin. I don't really like the hair styles" but when in Rome". I guess that's why I like Betty Boop, she was a "flapper" after all.

Lisa

KristyE
01-26-2014, 06:35 AM
Yes great movie. I always found it so interesting at the end when Joey Brown is driving Jack Lemon away in the boat and tells Jack he likes him and Jack explains he's a man, Joey says I know and smiles. Jack says something like oh what the heck. Very risque for it's time. Even as a child I found it funny.
Love KristyE

Beverley Sims
01-26-2014, 12:03 PM
I just liked those full skirted dresses. :)

Katey888
01-26-2014, 01:32 PM
Ilsa - that's a great movie - and a great era for fashion. I probably always have been subliminally interested in the clothes (probably less subliminal for the ladies in them... ;)) but I find myself in the past few years actually seeking out some of these old movies for the variety of fashions in them.

As an example - watched a couple of Hitchcock movies over Christmas, The Man Who Knew Too Much (James Stewart/ Doris Day) and Vertigo (Stewart again/ Kim Novak) - just love the fashions from that 50/60s crossover period. And thinking about it, North by Northwest with Eva Marie Saint and Rear Window with Grace Kelly :lovestruck: - mind you, Hitch did have a bit of a thing for his girls... :devil:

I like different eras but the 40s through to some of the 60s had real elegance in some of the films - sadly my wife's not interested at all, so I have to watch them on my own sometimes :cry: Maybe Casablanca tonight....

Perhaps we should have a movie buff section - I know there's a media section but few people seem to visit that..

Great post Ilsa - you got me thinking... :)

Katey x

Ilsa
01-26-2014, 05:30 PM
Casablanca is my all time favorite, thus my name. I love that movie for its' storyline and Ingrid's beauty and her clothes. Grace Kelly is also one of my favorites along with Garbo. Anyway, "Here's looking at you Kid!"