PDA

View Full Version : A great trip to my moms

Billiejosehine
01-26-2014, 04:33 AM
Today I made the mistake of going to the SO's house to see my children. Who were really glad to see me, but it was like walking into a hornets nest. I didn't say or start anything and everyone began attacking me. Wanting to know why I was there, I am a threat by just being there, if I didn't leave the SO was going to file a restraining order against me, and that I was not getting it that I was not welcome there. And some of this stuff is coming from my dad and step mom. Yet they are claiming they are not taking sides, and they want what's best for my children. But I also got a chance to have the legal separation documents served, which took the SO by surprise.

With all this happening today, I decided to take a trip to my moms for a couple of days. My mom has been so supportive and I was able to comfortably share things with her about my GD, identifying as a women, and beginning transition. She asked a lot of questions about how should she refer to me, if I picked out a name, if I were to remove certain body parts how I would feel, and so forth. I was even comfortable enough to show my clothes and pictures of me wearing the clothes. She liked the name Billie and the style of clothes. She even joked about how the SO was probably jealous because I am a size S/M and she wears 3x.

My mom wants to go shopping to pick out stuff and help me get a wig.

Katey888
01-26-2014, 04:49 AM
Billie - that's a real positive after everything you've been through... I'm really pleased for you! :hugs:

And you've got a great mom :cheer: - that's a perfect piece of support for you when you need it most, and if you can joke a bit about your SO (or should that be ex-SO? :)) then that's even more progress... that's great for you.

I don't suppose all the hard stuff is over by a long way, yet, so I hope you can keep optimistic and keep moving forward. My thoughts are with you...

Take it easy - Katey x

Hell on Heels
01-26-2014, 04:55 AM
Hello Billie, Welcome to the forum, the Bay Area, as I'm sure you are aware is very supportive to your needs. But having a family member, let alone , your mother has to be a huge help.
Having no children of my own my advice can be considered worthless. But with papers being served there's pretty much no going back. Keep a level head, check with your mom before you do anything regarding this situation, she will probably have a clearer perspective of where you need to go next.
Best wishes to you and the family.
Much Love,
Kristyn

Billiejosehine
01-26-2014, 05:03 AM
That's true I do need to get used to referring to my SO as my ex-SO, but I'm making some progress. But I know there's still a long road ahead. At least the ex has been served and I'm waiting till Monday to see how much I need to put down to move into an apartment. I'm actually looking forward to having my own place and being able to be my true self.

Melissa in SE Tn
01-26-2014, 10:33 AM
Billy, may God truly comfort you . You have been through so much turmoil. You deserve peace. While your wife may be a hornet, your children need you. Be strong, absorb the love & support from your wonderful mother & always be a great father . Be positive ... Think positive.

Tina B.
01-26-2014, 10:46 AM
Billie, sorry to see you have to go through so much, I know it's rough, my first marriage fell apart when my kids where very little, and it took a year and a nice judge before I ever got a decent visit with my kids. But now that they are grown I've got a greater relationship with them than there mother has. You've got a great sounding mom, and with her support, you'll be alright. I've always regretted not telling my mom, I think she might have been more understanding than I gave her credit for. I could tell her now, but try to explain this to a 95 year old.

Beverley Sims
01-26-2014, 11:15 AM
Billie,
I can see a rough road ahead for you but I do hope it smoothes out a little down the track.

Jilmac
01-26-2014, 04:50 PM
It's too bad that your SO and family can't see you as you are instead of who they expect you to be. As for your mom, she might be your best advocate.

Billiejosehine
01-26-2014, 09:40 PM
I remember my mom approaching me when I was 15 and asking me if I needed help when I began the whole wax and wane journey of CDing. Being ashamed, guilty, and hiding my feelings to myself; I told her no. I wonder where I would be right now if I had made the choice to do something about it. Maybe I was not ready at that time, I would not have had my children, but I am now and I'm glad to have my mom on my side. She actually took me out shopping to get a wig, now I can have a complete appearance, except putting on makeup. So I'm looking forward to seeing how I truly look and really out out in public full time.

Vanessa Rose
01-26-2014, 09:48 PM
Very pleased for you BIllie. Did you get the restraining orders served to your wife, brother in law etc. you need to take care of this ASAP

mikiSJ
01-26-2014, 09:51 PM
She even joked about how the SO was probably jealous because I am a size S/M and she wears 3x.

Well, that's your entire problem. Put on 75# and then you wouldn't have to worry about this aspect of your non-relationship.

Vanessa Rose
01-26-2014, 10:46 PM
What miki said. That there is some funny shit!

Vanny

Taylor Ray
01-27-2014, 07:45 PM
That's really great your mom is so supportive of you! Once you iron out all of that legal stuff, I see great things in your future!

Annaliese
01-27-2014, 07:55 PM
It is good you have your mom to help you on this journey, of finding your self. good luck Billie

Princess_pantyboy
01-28-2014, 06:08 PM
billie,

that is great your mom supports you. I also had my mom support me or even push me would be a better comment.

hugs hun