PDA

View Full Version : Well - I guess I am a girl now

DanaJ
01-06-2006, 06:39 PM
I had an appointment at that new salon today to get my weekly nail appointment, and a nice spa facial. Well, while I am getting my fill (fiberglass), various girls usually come back to the nail room, and sit and chat with us. I always thought they were nice and accepting of me, but I have noticed the more I go in, the more they talk about guys, I get touched (hands on shoulders, little hugs) and general girl chit-chat.

But today, had a new unexpected thing happen - one of the hairdressers came back, and started talking to my nail tech how she took her advice, and did what she said. The next thing I knew, she unzips her top, and starts showing off her new bra!* They start discussing the merits of it, and here I am - a guy, right in the middle of girl-land, and she doesn't even care. I knew at that moment they no longer thought of me as a guy....

Now, to be honest, I don't know how to feel about this. I am flattered and happy that they trust me enough to think of me as "harmless" and "one of the girls" - but at the same time, I still am attracted to them as a guy and want to flirt with them as a guy. LOL I guess it doesn't help my case as a guy to always have polished nails and to be getting made up there every few weeks :D

Oh yeah, I did get my nails done today too, when I left the other cute receptionist always stops me and asks to see my nails. When she saw them, she called my nail tech to come up front (I thought it was to ask her the charges for my appointment). But, she grabbed my hands and said that she wanted hers done like the same way next time LOL

The pic didn't turn out as well as I would have liked, but she chose a soft pink-lavender base, with a soft white "swoop" French tip...

*For all bra lovers out there, it was black, half cup, lacy - and totally gorgeous!

Sherlyn
01-06-2006, 06:51 PM
Your sucha a girl Dana !!!! :p ... too cool ...lol

sherri
01-06-2006, 06:58 PM
No way do I believe they don't know they're pushing your buttons a little bit. Such sweet cruelty. :p

erica12b
01-06-2006, 06:58 PM
lucky girl (?) it is funny , lol

how can we pick up a girl if we out dress and look more fem then they do, lol

Stephanie Brooks
01-06-2006, 07:36 PM
The nails look great, DanaJ! I noticed the swoop before I read about it.

Wow. On being one of The Girls. I can understand the dilemma, can appreciate it very much. Still, what you've achieved is pretty extraordinary. You've entered their world and proven yourself worthy of being there. You're not a threat, you're one of The Girls.

That doesn't mean you're one of The Girls with other women outside of the salon, but it does probably mean that the women at the salon can only be girl friends as opposed to girlfriends, friends who happen to be girls versus intimate friends of opposite sex.

Girls are cool as strictly friends though, and most of us guys never get a chance to see that side. You're very lucky actually. Enjoy it! They are.

Rikki Elisabeth
01-06-2006, 07:42 PM
I believe what you said. They have accepted you. That is phenominal. When you spend hours with the same people, it is amazing how one becomes of the group.

Hugs

Kim E
01-06-2006, 07:42 PM
Very cool, Dana. Happy for ya. Sounds like the best of both worlds.:)

Kim

ChristineRenee
01-06-2006, 07:44 PM
Pretty kewl Dana...anyway you look at it!;)

swiss_susan
01-06-2006, 07:58 PM
have come to feel comfotable around you, and think about where you are and what you are having done, women drop their guard in places like that. Plus there is the general assumption that guys getting their nails done are gay. My nail tech knows I play rugby and and one of the best in the country and she talks to me like I am one of the gals. I had the same experience when I was a cheerleader in college. A lockeroom is a place they, like guys do things they would not in front of people the see as opposites. Trust me I had to on more than one occasion share a lockeroom and shower with them and the only one worried was me.

Susan

Jodi
01-06-2006, 09:31 PM
I agree with Sherry. I think they were pushing your buttons. I'll bet they had the whole thing planned beforehand to see what your reaction would be. It is nice, though, to be trusted enough for them to do that.

Jodi

Rachel Morley
01-06-2006, 10:15 PM
I am flattered and happy that they trust me enough to think of me as "harmless" and "one of the girls" - but at the same time, I still am attracted to them as a guy and want to flirt with them as a guy.
OMG! I know exactly how you feel. Before I met Marla there were plenty of times in my life where I found myself in female company (friends of mine) and they just spoke about girly things that you just know that they would never talk about if there were any other guys around.

I agree it's a bit of a problem. I felt kinda liberated that as a girly guy I was accepted, and not thought of as weird or anything, but at the same time I wanted to be desirable to them. I put it down to the fact that the women I was with prefered manly men and obviously not being that type of man, they weren't interested in me. I just hoped that one day I would meet someone who liked girly guys for a partner......and I did. :)

Hang in there Dana, if it's meant to happen it will.

As for your nails....fantastic!!

Helana
01-06-2006, 10:29 PM
I would say this is just reflecting that they do not see you as a sexual threat - they are acting the same way as they would act around a gay guy.

Laurie Ann
01-06-2006, 10:29 PM
That is so great Dana I'm glad you have been accepted into their world. Remember any secrets you learn you have to share with us.

JoannaDees
01-06-2006, 10:47 PM
Hey, glad to see you've found a new place for your favorite past-time!

uknowhoo
01-06-2006, 11:43 PM
How sweet!! :c9:

I think Sherri might be onto something though, about them buttons.

Either way, it sounds like a wonderful situation.

So... did you get the secret handshake?

Now if you said Tamara had let you into the GG forum, we'd think you were BSing us!! :cheeky:

Take care, girly girl. We love ya,

xxoo

Tammi

Abby Lauren
01-06-2006, 11:55 PM
Hey, girl, that sounds like something Sandy thomas might write about in one of her TG novellas except it actually happened to you. WOW! Nevertheless, I do understand the bittersweet nature of it when you're attracted to them at the same time.

paulaN
01-07-2006, 06:37 AM
that is so wonderful. she probley did not give it a second thought. your just one of the girls now. and she did not know she was pushing buttons. I love the nails too you always look so good.

Marla GG
01-07-2006, 08:34 AM
Dana, it's quite simple, they thought you were gay.

But at least you got to see her bra.:D

RachelDenise
01-07-2006, 08:41 AM
Interedting dilemma. It makes for some reflection as to whether they have accepted you as one of the girls or if they were just jazzing you to see what you would do. I think it was both. They felt comfortable enough around you to try this bra showing and waited for your reaction. If you had a major meltdown then I think it would have been over for you. Calm, cool and collected was the only way to go. You may want to ask next time you are there if it is going to happen again and explain a little more about what Dana is like deep down.

Adrianne
01-07-2006, 09:05 AM
Dana you have a great beauty salon with a great bunch of girls there that have accept you as a girl not a guy abd that must make you feel special and very happy.

Lisa Marie
01-07-2006, 09:22 AM
Cool sounds like you had fun!

DanaJ
01-07-2006, 10:30 AM
Thanks everyone for your responses, they are appreciated! :)

Pushing my buttons on purpose? Hmmmm, that is a possibility, I will have to keep on the lookout for future button pushings :D I have always behaved though, when I was shown the bra yesterday, I did look at it and said something like "That is really nice". I have also begun to notice, for example, my nail tech and the receptionist will now show me a bracelet or their earrings and ask me what I think of them.

My nail tech told me that the girls there have already discussed the whole "Dana must be gay" thing. She corrected them and told them I was straight, so that shouldn't be an issue now (if it should ever be an issue).

I think it is just my male persona fighting to be out front, why I am concerned about it so much. I know I just need to go with the flow and accept this gift, before I do something to mess it up :) Besides, all these girls are WAY younger than me, so I realistically wouldn't have a chance anyway, being an old fart :D

TGMarla
01-07-2006, 10:35 AM
Just one of the ho's, eh? You should have gushed at her about how pretty her bra was, once you rolled your tongue back in your mouth and popped your eyes back into their sockets.

Anything else would have destroyed your "one of the girls" aura you have attained.

Cool story.

DanaJ
01-07-2006, 10:40 AM
Well, I do compliment the girls on their hair and nails a lot, and they compliment me back - well, about the nails, not the hair (I have very little LOL).

I have another makeover night planned soon, one girl is going to bring in her little dog, says she is going to put ribbons on her and I get to pose with her, ala Paris Hilton! :lol2:

Katrina
01-07-2006, 11:57 AM
Dana, very pretty nails by the way. I'm torn as to whether they were pushing your buttons or not. I think it is probably you are in "their territory" and have been labeled a safe person because you frequent the place. If they know that you are not gay, then they must just feel comfortable around you. I'm guessing that it is much like Angel's comment. There is a women at work who has openly joked that I'm one of her girlfriends now. We have had quite a few discussions about the online dating thing and the men she has met and their "lack of quality". She has even shown me the tattoo that she got on her back - nobody else has seen it other than her girlfriends.

christine55
01-07-2006, 12:18 PM
It must have been very nice being treated as "one of the girls."
I would imagine that after so many times doing your nails and treating you and relating to you as a girl they do mentally view you as a girl. I don't think they were just trying to push your buttons. I can't imagine how femme that must have made you feel. I bet it made your day.
I would love to be able to have my nails done like that. How long are you able to leave them on?
Hugs, Christine

Wendy me
01-07-2006, 02:42 PM
hi girlfreind sorry so late responding to this (someone's been a little chatty)
just way too cool , do realy know what has happened ??? you passed as one of the girls your not a "guy" getting "his" nails done your one of the girls so what can you do??? what should you do?? well girlfreind enjoy it .... loved reading abought it....

Lady Katherine
01-07-2006, 03:11 PM
So great to be accepted as one of the girls, I think. It's always difficult in these days of concern about sexual harassment to compliment another girl about her clothes or looks.

Since I retired, I have been working for a community agency, where most of the staff is young women. Though they know nothing of my femme personna, I feel I've been accepted as one of the girls in conversations, etc. I've been so lucky to have discovered the world of womanhood and to enjoy the conversations and gossiping and wonder over fashions.

So Dana, enjoy it while you can. Let's hope they're not putting you on! Katherine

Jenna1561
01-07-2006, 04:10 PM
Dana,

Great story and how nice it must be to be accepted as "one of the girls."

Love your nails! I wish I could wear mine long and polished, but not in my cards right now. I envy your regular visits to the salon.

And, by the way, you definitely don't look like an "old fart."

Love,

Jenna

Tina Dixon
01-07-2006, 04:45 PM
Nice nails, mine are about that long now, and no one has sad a thing yet, oh well.

KarenNY
01-09-2006, 02:47 PM
I have been totally accepted in all-female company, to the point where they were teasing ME (gently) about boys -- and that was my mother and her hairdresser! It's part of the rush of being accepted as "one of the girls" and I have been fortunate enough to enjoy this not only at a salon, but in the company of a few GG friends who knew about Karen. It's one of those badge of honor things, as I see it... where women don't see you as a threat, but as sort of one of them, where they can not only show off a new item of clothing (or lingerie) but unload about their boyfriends in your presence, etc. And with talking about boys as though I shared their interest (being a girl too) they may have just been pushing my buttons, etc.
I don't think any of them (my friends or my mother and her friends) thought or assumed I was gay, but like someone else said, I was in their territory, their element, and dressed and looking like one of them, so I was safe in their eyes -- plus my friends also trusted me not to go gabbing, etc. (since they had even more ammo about me if they wanted to "out" me in school or something...).
That's just my take from someone who's been there before. :)
Have a great day! :D