PDA

View Full Version : Have you spent more on CD clothes than your male clothes?

Vanessa Rose
01-26-2014, 05:43 PM
Well have ya?:heehee:

ArleneRaquel
01-26-2014, 05:46 PM
Yes, much more on female attire, I live as a woman 24/7.

CD_blue
01-26-2014, 05:46 PM
heh I thought about this. I have spent easily 3/4 times more on CD clothes than male.

Bree Wagner
01-26-2014, 05:54 PM
Depends on the time period the question covers. Past two years it's probably not men's clothes. Wearing the same thing every day to work does mean I don't spend much anyway so it wasn't a high bar to get over.

-Bree

Abigail Flame
01-26-2014, 05:56 PM
Not yet but I can see that happening. I've already replaced most of my exercise and sleepwear with femme versions and I've reduced my male wardrobe to just a few essential items so I have some closet space. I also look for female clothing that I can wear in male mode as well. Tack on the cost of shoes (which I can't stop buying) and I am pretty sure I'll pass that benchmark soon.

AmyGaleRT
01-26-2014, 05:59 PM
Probably :) I have a way larger femme wardrobe than my drab one. I've lost count of the number of dresses I have, but it's somewhere over 75 by now, so many that they spill over into a second closet! And don't even get me started on the shoes...suffice to say I now know a bit of what Imelda Marcos must have felt! :heehee:

- Amy

Princess29
01-26-2014, 06:08 PM
In my adult life, it would have to be a lot more on female stuff than male stuff

RenneB
01-26-2014, 06:18 PM
I'm now at 75% of my time in comfy clothes and 25% dressed as a boy (for work).....

Renne.....

Ilsa
01-26-2014, 06:21 PM
Definitely! Dressing as a woman is high maintenance and the clothes cost more.

KayleeTaylor
01-26-2014, 06:24 PM
I have not purchased any male clothing in 5 years, but I am always clothes shopping :D Now that I am transitioning, I am gradually getting rid of my male wardrobe. So yeah I probably have :)

Kate Simmons
01-26-2014, 06:25 PM
Probably somewhere close to equal over the years.:)

dana digs sweaters
01-26-2014, 06:44 PM
Of course!
Where is the fun in dressing as a dude?
ALL the accessories needed to complete the Fem image in the mirror........$$$ :eek:
It is because we are worth it :D

Amy Hepker
01-26-2014, 06:52 PM
I live as a female 24/7 now and I will tell you, I have spent more money on female clothes than all of my male clothes I have ever had my whole life. I surpassed that number years ago and that is why Ladies left me, was because I had more female clothes than male clothes as a matter of fact I had more female clothes than they did. Even when I offered to buy them more they said they did not need more.

Connie.Marie
01-26-2014, 07:01 PM
Vanessa,
This is easy to answer. All my male clothes have been gifts for years - Christmas & Birthday.
So I, personally, have spent a LOT more on my CD clothes.
Hugs, Connie Marie

Keri L
01-26-2014, 07:15 PM
Definitely more on female clothes over the past two years. And, that shopping has been TONS more fun!

Cate

Tracii G
01-26-2014, 07:32 PM
Most of the clothes I have are womens so I would say yes more on womens clothes.
I have been known to spend a couple grand on a nice suit if it is that one perfect suit.That would be the only male clothing I would spend big bucks for

Being Paige
01-26-2014, 07:42 PM
That would be a big yes for me.

Julia NZ
01-26-2014, 08:04 PM
Way more! No interest in male clothing but lots of interest in female attire and as someone mentioned above shoes are also a weak spot. I sure don't need all the shoes I have.......

JennyMarie
01-26-2014, 08:10 PM
Hmm, tough to answer for sure. I think over the past couple of years, yes. Expand that to past 5 years, I'd say either even split or more on male stuff. Starting a new job that had a dress code that was not typical for what I usually work kind of spiked that... and then add in a few year period where I was in a situation where I couldn't buy fem clothes without being found out.

carhill2mn
01-26-2014, 08:14 PM
That is a definite YES!

lingerieLiz
01-26-2014, 08:48 PM
Spent more on women's for many decades. I've had great wardrobes since my teens. While my sisters supplied my initial start, I soon spent most of my income on beautiful outfits. In the early 60s I was known in all the lingerie stores as a great customer. I have more lingerie than any woman I know. Probably more outfits too. I do own some really nice men's clothes, but they have lasted for years because I don't wear them anymore except for rare occasions.

Laura28
01-26-2014, 09:17 PM
With out doubt way more on my fem wardrobe

Adriana Moretti
01-26-2014, 09:25 PM
who hasn't......

Billiejosehine
01-26-2014, 09:31 PM
Over the past several years I always got clothes from my SO or other people during b-days or Christmas. Even my brother in law gave me over 60 dress shirts and slacks that he did not want anymore. So I didn't buy much clothes for myself. But over the past month I have bought more woman's clothes then any other time. That's not including the clothes I have bought and purged in the past.

CarlaWestin
01-26-2014, 09:33 PM
Shoot, I've spent 10 times more just on shoes for Carla than my entire lifetime male wardrobe. My work attire is supplied by the company and it seems like my limited male wardrobe is mostly gifts. Of the 12 dresser drawers only two, socks and t-shirts are all male. Six are bras. Can you say, excessive? Skirts, jeans and tops. The closets are just as good. Dresses and more dresses.

Sounds normal to me! :-) :-) :-)

Angie G
01-26-2014, 09:34 PM
Yes I spent way more on cd things.:hugs:
Angie

PretzelGirl
01-26-2014, 09:57 PM
I think any of us that start to reach a sizeable quantity of female clothing will have spent more on their femme wardrobe. It is probably quite common for the male clothing to be a standard set that gets worn over and over while our female clothing probably has a lot of variety for style and appropriateness. And that isn't even thinking about shoes. I mostly dress en femme outside of work but I probably passed spending more on female clothes while being a "weekend warrior".

Robin777
01-26-2014, 10:13 PM
Oh yes, I have spent quite a bit more on my female wardrobe than my male clothes. Winter time I wear mostly sweatshirts and jeans to work. summer time T-shirts and jeans. I also have some dress clothes. My female wardrobe takes up 2 closets.

heatherdress
01-26-2014, 10:17 PM
Yes. I buy male clothes because I have to. I buy female clothes because I love to.

Jilmac
01-26-2014, 11:28 PM
In my lifetime of dressing and the dress/purge cycle, I can honestly say that I have bought more female clothes than male, and probably more than most GGs buy for themselves

KristinTX
01-27-2014, 12:00 AM
In the last 3 months...........a big YES! Trying to build up some of the foundation pieces and the footwear........cha ching.

Diane Smith
01-27-2014, 12:06 AM
I would guess the ratio is probably around 10:1 toward the girl's side of the closet.

- Diane

bridget thronton
01-27-2014, 02:44 AM
Yes more on women's clothes than male

K8astrophe
01-27-2014, 03:11 AM
It's hard to spend a lot of money on men's clothes, there's only so much variety out there, even shoes. I rarely find myself "inspired" by anything I see in the men's section, all feels like retreads. Maybe that's eventually true of women's clothes, but I haven't been doing that nearly as long. I'm so bad I built a walk-in closet just for Kate in our spare bedroom and I probably have a bigger wardrobe than my wife at this point, though in a strange twist of fate, I married a sporty woman who could give a crap about most of the trappings of womanhood. Guests in the spare room think my wife is quite a clothes horse though.

Alice_2014_B
01-27-2014, 03:27 AM
I've spent more on high heels than anything else.

Lillyasia
01-27-2014, 03:31 AM
I can't stand shopping for male clothes. In the last year I probably went shopping once for something male, and that was jackets. So yes, I have spent way more on womens clothes in the last year than I have for males clothes in the last several years.

VeroS
01-27-2014, 06:12 AM
Yes, way, way more on female than male clothes. I've no idea what the ratio would be but I think it would be chastening to calculate. I also have a bigger wardrobe of female clothes than my wife which is even more embarrassing but then I enjoy shopping a lot more than she does.

Roli F
01-27-2014, 06:19 AM
Guilty as hell LOL

Dana_Drake
01-27-2014, 07:35 AM
I'm new at this... but I can see it happening!

Sophie Yang
01-27-2014, 07:46 AM
Other than a couple of pairs of shoes, I haven't bought any male attire for a very long time, at least six years. I walk the soles off of them. For me it is the standard suit and tie at work. So yes, way more.

S. Lisa Smith
01-27-2014, 07:54 AM
Probably 50/50. Maybe 60/40 female. I try not to think about it... If you factor in makeup 70/30 female.

sometimes_miss
01-27-2014, 08:13 AM
Over the past 15 years, yes, much more on female clothes than male. But now I'm starting to reverse the trend. Women are attracted to, as ZZ Top said, a sharp dressed man. Add in an expensive car, nice apartment, dancing skills, being relatively bright, kind, complimentary, and nice to them, and you're good to go. Then you have to figure out if and when you tell her about that 800 lb gorilla in the back of the closet, wearing the tutu......... Oh, and it does feel nice when the gals compliment MY suits as well.

Trish
01-27-2014, 08:22 AM
I know in the last few years, I've spent way more on my fem cloths than my male clothes. All I can recall bying for my male self, is a couple T shirts, and two pair of jeans last year. This year I'm keeping track of what cloths I buy, and how much I'm spending.
So far, $51 fem, $0 male.

latitude45
01-27-2014, 08:39 AM
I do! It seems that I am always buying fem clothes, and I can't remember buying anything other than a pair of mens jeans in the past 6 months! Of course, my wife has a lot to do with it too - she is always seeing something in the store or online and saying "you would look great in that! Let's get it!" Though I'm not exactly sure she is doing it because she want's me to have something nice, or to provide her with something she can borrow, or (and most probably) to mask the fact that she picked up two other things for herself at the same time - no worries either way, it's more for me in the long run!! Being the same size is like christmas all year round!

Dannigirl
01-27-2014, 08:47 AM
Absolutely, can't be bothered to shop for male clothes at all, my wife takes me by the ear kicking and screaming to buy new stuff. Then when she says she is going to go and look at dresses etc ... I happily tag along and pick up a few items for myself as well, she always makes fun of me when I do this. I told her to change society's opinion of men in women's clothing and we could save some $$$ on buying stupid men's clothing :)

Kristy 56
01-27-2014, 09:03 AM
Just like a real GG can never have enough,so the answer is yes. Plus it's more fun too !

Cheryl T
01-27-2014, 09:44 AM
Absolutely!!
The last thing I bought that was male was a jacket at WalMart for about $15.
I've spent way more in the last 10 years since I came out to my wife on my clothes than his....and darn glad!!

Beverley Sims
01-27-2014, 09:51 AM
I haven't done that, I do it regularly. :)

Tina B.
01-27-2014, 10:04 AM
Male clothes bore me, I mean there OK, a guys got to dress right, but lady wear, choices, colors, textures, flared skirts, tight skirts, Capri's, leggings, Minni's and maxis, just so much to choose from, so much more fun. Besides, Levis and T-shirts are cheap compared to all the things it takes to feel like a woman. And jeans look the dame day in and day out, but a lady has to have a different look every time she dresses, so it takes more stuff.
Maybe 90% to 10% female to male. But then I am a shopaholic when it comes to my gender Diaspora.

Jocee
01-27-2014, 10:14 AM
Yes...... I tend not to invest in my DRABS. Definitely in my FABS :)

Katey888
01-27-2014, 10:19 AM
D'ya know, I was about to say, no - and feel like a rank outsider, but thinking about it, it does depend over what timeframe...

Over lifetime - no
Over last 5 years - no
Over last 6 months - yes - and a lot of that has been via charity/ thrift shops :)

There was I thinking I'd be a paragon (or should that be pariah...?) of masculine fashion, and I have to admit it... shucks... :surrender:

But then I do have that all male trait of being able to make a shirt last longer than a car... :D

Katey x

natcrys
01-27-2014, 11:33 AM
Hmmm... I bought 3 pairs of boy jeans and a few nice shirts about 2 years ago.

For the girl, heels, boots and clothes and make-up pretty much every month... yeah, I'd say I have spent waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more on my CD clothes!

ArleneRaquel
01-27-2014, 11:34 AM
I haven't purchased male clothing in years.

KatieV
01-27-2014, 12:35 PM
Absolutely, without a doubt, clothes are a girl's best friend. Example - girl shoes - where can I put them all??? Guy shoes - one decent pair.
Another weakness being tights and pantyhose, I find them irresistable and have more than I know what to do with, especially Italian made. I mean, I can only wear one pair at a time, what a shame!

Stephanie47
01-27-2014, 12:43 PM
Oh yeah! I retired six years ago. I have enough dress shirts and slacks to last forever. I do buy boy jeans once or twice a year. I finally bought my first pair of men's dress shoes since 2005. That's it for guy stuff. Since retirement it has been women's underwear, slips, dresses, hosiery and heels.

Jodi
01-27-2014, 12:55 PM
Absolutely! All I need do is buy one pair of Jimmy Choo Heels and a complimenting Prada bag, and I will spend more on that purchase than I do in 5 years for drab clothes.

Jodi

Vanessa Rose
01-27-2014, 12:57 PM
Jodi, I just have to say, I went into Jimmy Choo's the other day and all the other designers. Was trying to buy the GF some stuff. Point is...OMG!!!!!! Choo yes, Prada ??? but lord those shoes. I would be afraid to wear them... ok for like 5 minutes. stunning....

V

Jaymees22
01-27-2014, 01:26 PM
Your asking this question here? Of course I spend more time and money on CD clothes! Jaymee

Jamie Christopher
01-27-2014, 01:29 PM
My men's clothing array doesn't come close to my female attire collection; why bras alone....

Zylia
01-27-2014, 01:29 PM
Your many questions and especially the answers here make me feel increasingly 'normal'.

No I haven't spent more on CD clothes than my male clothes.

marci_x
01-27-2014, 02:20 PM
Yes! so many more choices

Jane G
01-27-2014, 02:32 PM
Na I spend more on male clothes. My life likes me to look dappa, even at my age. I have about the same amount of each in my closset, but, as I spend more time dressed as a male, those clothes need to be replaced more often, so cost more over time. (Sorry if that sounded like a forth year maths class):heehee:

lovetobedani
01-27-2014, 03:26 PM
I don't shop for males clothes. I just buy what I need. I LOVE shopping for my fem clothes. So many more options. I do spend alot more on females clothes. It's worth every penny and more.

Sharon B.
01-27-2014, 03:58 PM
Yes, I do spend more on woman's clothes then men's clothes. But they are more enjoyable and feel so much nicer to wear then men's clothes. I do spend more on hygiene items for women then I do for my male ego.

Annaliese
01-27-2014, 04:06 PM
Yes, no need for a lot of guy things

Eryn
01-27-2014, 06:15 PM
Of course I have! :)

Most of my "male mode" clothes (underwear, jeans, T-shirts, socks, shoes) are from the female side of the store anyway. I've probably spent $100 on the mens' side in the last couple of years, and an much large amount I really don't want to total on the female side.

Still, it's cheaper than a shrink! :)

Daryl
01-27-2014, 06:21 PM
Haven't bought any male clothes in years. I dress in female clothing 24/7 and can pass when I need too.

Rachel_B
01-28-2014, 01:26 AM
I only purchase male clothing when I need to other then that, I've spent more money on female clothes. Out of the all of my female stuff, I've probably spent more on my bras/panties (I'm not including the money I spent for my wedding fantasy :o ). My go to place for bra's and panties is Victoria's Secret and their items are expensive but oh sexy :p

mandysmiles
01-28-2014, 01:46 AM
Answer is yes with ulterior motive.

I use my wifes stash for my CD needs. There are plenty, and the fit is perfect. Most of her shoes are about a half size too small so anything open toe I can work with but boots I can wear about five minutes before blood flow stops.

I've purchased a few pairs of boots and some make up for myself. I pretty much wear her clothes, that I bought for her, because they would look good on me. I also love to make the clothes I wear and I'm getting pretty damn good at it too!:heehee:

bethcgy
01-28-2014, 01:50 AM
Yes come to think of it but no surprise there. Actually, I need to cull some stuff I dont wear anymore to make room for new stuff :)

Kit
01-28-2014, 02:03 PM
I always considered myself fashion savvy, even before exploring cross-dressing, and for years would complain to my female friends about how jealous I was that girls got so many more choices for fashion than guys... I've toned it down since, but when I first started dressing I went pretty crazy with buying clothes, and right now have at least as much if not more.

Alice B
01-28-2014, 03:06 PM
I would have to say that in the past 1-2 years Alice wins.

jessw
01-28-2014, 03:13 PM
I have probably spent more money on bras then all my other cloths combined! haha

Princess_pantyboy
01-28-2014, 05:55 PM
oh don't even have to think about that. I think I spent more just on panties, and shoes

Leslie Langford
01-28-2014, 06:32 PM
Let me see now...how should I phrase this properly?... H*ll Yeh!!!

Stephanie Julianna
01-28-2014, 06:58 PM
I have a pair of vera Wang killer heels that cost more than the total of what I spent this fall for my winter drab update clothes. So I guess the answer is yes.

Vanessa5
01-28-2014, 07:05 PM
Heck yeah. I maybe buy a pair of drab jeans once a year and maybe some t-shirts. My femme wardrobe is 20x bigger.

ChristineNYC
01-29-2014, 11:45 AM
Other than my work clothes, and maybe 2 pair of jeans, everything is for my femm life. My annual clothing budget is pretty much 100% for the female things...

Jenni Yumiko
01-30-2014, 08:27 PM
I have less female clothes than men's but my female clothes cost close to 2x what their male counterparts do...
Oddly enough even same brands tend to cost more, which is stupid as hey ESP considering the female counterpart often times have less material.
Case in point, bought a pair of Rocco jeans and rerock jeans the other day from Express.
Rocco jeans 69.00
Rerock 129.00
Differences rerock has spandex and rhinestones in the back. Waist/length/leg style are the same. Rocco's are mid rise, retro I low rise. Material thickness, Rocco's are thicker.
Underwear however is more expensive for guys.
Banana republic boxers, 10-20
VS seamless 11.00

Wait, I forgot about suits.
My suits all together probably cost more than my casual wardrobe for both my male and female side put together. Can't argue the feel and look of a good fitted suit!

JennyMarie
01-30-2014, 10:25 PM
Oddly enough... I've never liked wearing suits or dressy clothes (male). I always feel like... it's harder to breathe in them.

Amyy
01-31-2014, 10:13 AM
I haven't spent more on my female clothes purely because I still don't have thaaaaaaaaaat many yet. But I do definitely spend money a lot easier and unplanned on my girly stuff. I think because I don't feel like I am able to just buy that stuff all the time that when I find stuff I like I don't relaly think about the cost or anything and just get it. Whereas with my guy clothes I am a lot more frugal and plan things a bit more.

Allison Chaynes
02-01-2014, 11:27 PM
Well, I haven't really thought about til now, but probably yes, especially over the past five years or so.

Wendi_cd
02-01-2014, 11:54 PM
Given that womens clothing is ridiculously overpriced, I'd have to say definitely more on womens clothing than mens.

Ginger Jameson
02-02-2014, 12:38 AM
No. I get most of my lady clothes from thrift stores. If you package together clothes, makeup, breast forms, and other CD items then it'd be a close call.

stripthelayers
02-02-2014, 02:08 AM
I myself have spent so much more on womens clothes than mens womens being way more expensive usually its understandable

Marcelle
02-02-2014, 07:13 AM
Funny thing . . . My wife tells me my pragmatic "boy side" must have transferred over to my "girl side". I own two pairs of "girl jeans" one LBD, three other dresses, 2 skirts, a few tops and sweaters all of which I mix an match to create different outfits. My take on this is that people will be so fixated on "the guy wearing women's clothes" that they are not likely to be saying "didn't she wear those same jeans last week". I have always been a minimalist when it comes to clothes and I think Isha inherited that from my boy side.

Hugs

Isha

CynthiaD
02-02-2014, 10:16 AM
I don't know, let me count it up. On the male side of my closet there's a suit, two shirts, and three pairs of pants. On the female side ... Good grief! It looks like I could restock a shopping mall!

Yes, I've spent a lot more ... A LOT more on my femme wardrobe.

Danielle_cder
02-02-2014, 11:04 AM
yep sept a sh*t ton more.

Emma.M
02-02-2014, 12:26 PM
I've probably spent more on male clothes, but I think my CD wardrobe is catching up. :heehee:

Anna H
02-02-2014, 12:52 PM
As was intended and forever more shall be. IOW.....yep!

:happy:~:happy:

ArleneRaquel
02-02-2014, 12:53 PM
I haven't spent a dime on male clothes in years. I jope never to spent my money so foolishly ever again.

FairyLink
02-02-2014, 09:26 PM
Maybe...

Nikki 1984
02-02-2014, 10:34 PM
I'm gradually getting there as far as spending more on womens clothes than mens. I'm done buying mens shirts unless if I really need one for work.

Take it easy, Nikki

Lexi Moralas
02-04-2014, 09:42 AM
Not lately , but in the last hell yeah , what's funnier is how much I dread guy shopping and loved girl shopping lol

Anna H
02-04-2014, 10:05 AM
Guy shopping is (was!) no more than blandly picking up a few
things that are (were!) always the same.

I wouldn't even bother --unless i had to run out to pick up
some cheese for a sandwich.

Shopping for heels, though..(swoon!)...i have 1000 bookmarks.

:happy:

StephanieDragg
02-04-2014, 10:05 AM
Yes.. by far... not even close at all, I could easily spend a couple hundred or more between clothes, shoes and tailoring before begrudgingly dropping a dime for a pr of pants or mens shoes I need

Lexi_83
02-04-2014, 10:22 AM
Well have ya?:heehee:Yes, by a painful measure......

My ex-wife says I own more bras than she does. But shoes - she's way ahead on shoes.....

klanker
02-04-2014, 05:45 PM
Including purges, then yes.