PDA

View Full Version : A little morbid but a necessary conversation

latitude45
01-27-2014, 10:21 AM
Just a bit of background: I am only out to my wife, and further I underdress exclusively. Well, this past weekend my wife and I sat down to do our annual review of our wills, legal powers of attorney, life insurance etc. Well, as you can guess the conversation was extremely serious. so it took me as a bit of a surprise when my wife asked me, in all seriousness, if I wanted to be buried wearing panties. After the initial shock of the question and a discussion of the implications (specifically around the kids finding out and possibly questioning), I said 'Yes I do'. What was more interesting, in afterthought, was that the conversation simply moved on to the next topic on our list without any joking, laughter or anything that would otherwise demean the conversation.

I guess I don't need any more proof that my wife has accepted me for who I am.

Tracii G
01-27-2014, 10:24 AM
Just panties and yes you have a great wife.

Patty F
01-27-2014, 10:40 AM
Completely dressed. :devil:

Beverley Sims
01-27-2014, 10:47 AM
It is nice to have acceptance even finding out in a little unusual way.

Caden Lane
01-27-2014, 11:06 AM
I think a great many of us that are out to a Loved one would do well to have an end of life conversation if we aren't completely out, and wed still worry about family discovering. I knew I was thankful when my GF asked me about a burn box when I had my surgery.

Bootsiegalore
01-27-2014, 05:00 PM
"cpmpletely dressed'..................AMEN! message too short so ..... AMEN! AMEN! AMEN! AMEN! AMEN! AMEN!

TxCassie
01-27-2014, 05:24 PM
:love: I never thought of it, but, I think I would like that as well. Of course, this means, eventually, someone will have to learn of my feminine side. Well, everyday comes a new day!

Cassie :love:

Eryn
01-27-2014, 06:02 PM
You both are, of course, assuming that the mortician will even bother with underwear!

sandra-leigh
01-27-2014, 06:14 PM
A few weeks ago I spoke to my sister about burial wishes. I asked her the favour of ensuring that I was not given a religious service. I said that it would be just too big of a lie for the way I lived my life. And I said that the other big lie would be if my service / obit does not mention my female side, that both names should appear. I did not discuss clothing for the service, but we both talked about where we want our ashes scattered.

DanielleLee
01-27-2014, 06:22 PM
I know the funeral home that my family has used, does not... so not all morticians put underwear on the body. Maybe a special request they might? I don't know

kendra_gurl
01-27-2014, 06:24 PM
I have thought about this from time to time.
My wife accepts me just fine and in my appreciation of her I would never place her in the position of having to give a funeral director a pair of panties asking they be put on me by the last person to ever see me naked.

Jilmac
01-27-2014, 11:41 PM
I don't know if funeral providers dress anybody from the waist down but if I get buried in any underwear, it will be panties because I don't have anything else

Dana L
01-27-2014, 11:57 PM
My wife and I had this discussion. At first I said fully dressed in my black skirt suit with bra, panties, thigh highs and heels. Then reality set in and I realized I wouldn't be there to enjoy it. So I guess throw me in a box dressed however. No sense making things awkward for her or any of my family.

mandysmiles
01-28-2014, 01:26 AM
That's pretty awesome she threw that out on the table for you! I feel lucky when I get a hug from my wife.

When my day comes, they'll toss me in the furnace and my wife will be scrambling to find every trace of naughty evidence in the house that needs to be burned. :devil: