PDA

View Full Version : A little nip, a little tuck - Has anyway ever had cosmetic surgery?

Jocee
01-27-2014, 11:27 AM
Hi all,

As a age (gracefully I might add), things are starting to sag a bit (my face and neck) and others are starting to bulge (stomach and love handles).

I can tape my face and get great result, but it's only practical for a short period of time and not all that natural. I can also wear a corset, but again not all that practical.

I'm also on a diet. As I've let thing run a bit amok, have lost 30 of a 60 lbs target.

I'm thinking as a reward when I finish this diet of a couple of things - a facelift/neck lift and tummy tuck. I'm not going to transition, so I don't FFS, but rather something that will suit my boy self as well as my girl self.

Anyone even gone this route? I'd love to understand your experience and thoughts?

Thanks in advance.......

Joanna

mikiSJ
01-27-2014, 02:08 PM
MY wife got me a 60th birthday trip to a well known cosmetic dermatologist for a blepharoplasty about 7 years ago. It still looks fine and the scar is well hidden.

We are still trying to figure out what our marriage will be, but if I end up on my own then I will be getting a: 1) brow lift, 2) rhinoplasty, 3) facelift, 4) deep laser surfacing, and 5) abdominoplasty, all with a thought of feminizing my features. I am planning on transitioning, but not SRS (except maybe an orchi).

Jocee, since we both live in the Bay Area, we have a great listing of TG resources to draw from. If you are close to San Jose, PM me and I give you my dermatologist's name - he is trans aware and very understanding.

reb.femme
01-27-2014, 03:22 PM
I could always upset my wife and receive her version of rhinoplasty. :heehee:

Rebecca

AllieSF
01-27-2014, 05:49 PM
Not yet. I will see how I feel after I am done with electrolysis first and then take a look. Probably some time of facial skin treatment to clear up the old sun worn skin, maybe some injections to fill in the creased and wrinkled areas and then, who knows. Maybe The Shadow does?

Marcia Blue
01-27-2014, 07:21 PM
I have had a blepharoplasty also. I then had to learn how to apply eye makeup with real eye lids.

RenneB
01-27-2014, 08:10 PM
I went to the eye doctor to look at a stye on my lower eye lid. He sent me to a plastic surgeon. While there, I started asking about the droopy eye lids and the bags under the eyes. The blepharoplasty (upper eye lids) was covered by insurance ($16k - yea, think they over charge the insurance) and for another $2k I had lipo of the under eye area..... Best sleep I ever had. Two weeks later, I have real eyelids and look about 10 years younger...

I'm saving up for a few more 'touch ups' and do facial exercise to try to tighten things up in the mean time.....

Renne.....

pennitkr
01-27-2014, 08:46 PM
blepharoplasty yup been there and the bags on the bottom removed as well. I believe it took a few years off this old girl.
would i do it again?
In heartbeat!!

XO
Penni

Launa
01-27-2014, 10:27 PM
We are still trying to figure out what our marriage will be, but if I end up on my own then I will be getting a: 1) brow lift, 2) rhinoplasty, 3) facelift, 4) deep laser surfacing, and 5) abdominoplasty, all with a thought of feminizing my features. I am planning on transitioning, but not SRS (except maybe an orchi).

I think in a few more years, I will probably order the same thing from this menu. It looks like a good choice to me!

Rachel_B
01-28-2014, 01:45 AM
I haven't had any cosmetic surgery done yet either but as I mentioned in a different post, I do want to get BA to achieve my desired size of breasts

Anita S
01-30-2014, 12:35 PM
I am planning on transitioning, but not SRS (except maybe an orchi).

I'd advise against this unless you're planning on taking some hormones replacing testosterone, I'm no expert so I don't know if estrogen will hepl with the adverse affects.

I suffer (yes, suffer) from testosterone deficiency, and my wife injects me with Nebido (tesosterone substitute). The symptoms when I'm low on testosterone are not that dissimilar from depression. I lose all drive to do anything exept surf the internet and watch TV. I loose muscle over time, am always hungry and have often eaten until my stomach hurts, even though I'm still hungry.

Currently my doctor has my on to low a dose, I was supposed to inject myself as soon as possible, then 8 weeks apart and after that 10-12 weeks. I gave up 7 weeks after the first injction and took the next one. Now I'm 8 weeks from last injection. I have bags under my eyes (english is not my first language so excuse me if the frase is wrong) I'm constantly tired (especially If I have to do much thinking) and basically get through the day thanks to Hydroxycut Hardcore.
I've been like this for two weeks

The reason I haven't injected myself yet - I'm a marine engineer on freezer trawler, jumping to the next drustore isn't an option, I still have about a week left of the trip, which started just after newyear.

So as I said, if you haven't decided on a replacement hormone, I'd skip the orchi

mikiSJ
01-30-2014, 01:04 PM
Anita

My goal is to have only as much testosterone as a cisfemale generates from her adrenals. I do understand the need for some "T" in the system and I have suffered depression, partly for being a low "T" male for most of my life. For the last month, I have been on estrogen injections and my mood has elevated substantially.

StephanieJ
01-30-2014, 01:17 PM
I will be getting a: 1) brow lift, 2) rhinoplasty, 3) facelift, 4) deep laser surfacing, and 5) abdominoplasty, all with a thought of feminizing my features. I am planning on transitioning, but not SRS (except maybe an orchi).

I have not done it yet, but someday when the money's such, I would like to do the exact same thing.

Diane Edwards
01-30-2014, 06:45 PM
I have had plastic surgery, but only to repair a badly broken nose after an unfortunate run in with an inanimate object one summer. (It didn't heal properly and the surgery was needed to correct the problem.)

If my life situation changes (and I expect it will, but that's another story...and not a sad one), I will seriously consider breast implants. I haven't contemplated a face lift as at the moment I think I look just fine, but if that changes I will consider it.

Jorja
01-30-2014, 07:39 PM
To start, I had FFS or I should say what has become FFS, 33 years ago. Seeing as how time and gravity have a way of aging all of us, I decided a couple of years ago to go in for a tune up. Maybe a re-stretch might be a better way of saying it:). After reading your post Joanna and understanding what you want to do, I will tell you right flat out, be honest with your doctor and tell him exactly what you want. If not, you will be disappointed with the look. It will be too much.... male looking.

Peta-Downunder
01-30-2014, 07:44 PM
I could always upset my wife and receive her version of rhinoplasty. :heehee:

Rebecca

Ouch! Almost had one of those for free...

Anita S
01-31-2014, 05:03 AM
Anita

My goal is to have only as much testosterone as a cisfemale generates from her adrenals. I do understand the need for some "T" in the system and I have suffered depression, partly for being a low "T" male for most of my life. For the last month, I have been on estrogen injections and my mood has elevated substantially.

In that case: Good luck :)

It's ineresting to me that estrogen acts as a sustitute to testosterone, I'm not considering HRT myself, but I'm always interested in how it works.

Jocee
02-04-2014, 08:07 AM
Thanks everyone for your thoughtful replies...... I did have a chance run i with Dr. Spiegel here in Boston a couple of weekends ago at First Event..... We have a brief chat, and I'm thinking of setting up a consult with him. I'll let you know how it goes when I do :)

Angela Campbell
02-04-2014, 08:31 AM
I had minor FFS a few weeks ago. All soft tissue as I do not need any bone reshaping. It takes a long time to see the full results.....8 - 9 months, but I am pretty happy with what I see so far. Nose, bleph, brow lift, scalp advancement.

Be sure of what you want and what they are going to do, it is not like a haircut, if you don't like it, it doesn't grow back.

Speigel is good, but very expensive.

Aprilrain
02-04-2014, 02:56 PM
I went to Speigel a couple of years ago. The results were OK but I'm not completely happy. Whatever you do don't let him touch your chin! As far as his pricing goes I think its pretty comparable to other "big name" FFS surgeons.

I'm going to Osterhout to have him correct Speigels mistakes and maximise my full potential, or so I hope!

there is inherent risk to all surgery so choose wisely