PDA

View Full Version : Dermatology Appointment

ChristinaK
01-28-2014, 09:39 PM
Was partially dressed all day, ran errands, got back to house too late to remove bra and have the evidence go away. Was petrified when Dr. Told me to remove my shirt to see the folliculitis from shaving my chest. He is a Middle Eastern gentleman, so that made it worse as they tend to have traditional views. He neither asked me why I shave, or why I had marks from my bra straps. When I got home, the marks were still very visible. He treated me absolutely normal. Cool! Note to self, remove bra early enough that wifey will not see evidence. She knows, but doesn't approve of bras.

AllieSF
01-28-2014, 11:18 PM
I just did my full body dermatology inspection last week and had 3 biopsies taken of small spots. Two are benign and the third had some superficial Basel cell cancer that they scraped off yesterday. I was almost completely hairless and was first inspected by a female physician assistant who did the first total inspection and shaved the biopsy samples off. The Dr. came in later to check me over one more time and answer any questions I had. No question about why. I am sure he has seen it all and may have curiosity questions which he probably realizes are not worth the effort and not really appropriate either.

This last year I have been catching up on all those "should go to the doctor" items to check out and resolve. They and their female nurses and assistants have all seen me in various stages of undress with and without my warm weather women's small bikini bottom tan lines. Yes, sometimes I get a little twinge of worry about what they might think, only natural I believe. But I worked hard to get to where I am with my female presentation and decided not to make a big deal out of it. They didn't so why should I?

ChristinaK
01-28-2014, 11:51 PM
I think I could have left my panties on since he saw my bra lines. No mystery there. Isn't it great when people treat you like you're normal?

AllieSF
01-28-2014, 11:55 PM
I think it is more to treat you professionally as they are required to do, and professionally means not to comment on how one presents themselves even if it is obviously not a mainstream common presentation.

Vickie_CDTV
01-29-2014, 06:29 AM
If you are asked about lack of hair, it may not be because they are being nosy; hair or lack thereof can indicate potential health problems. I am always asked about my lack of hair, I hate constantly having to say I remove it "because my girlfriend likes it", but I know they are asking for a reason.

Acastina
01-29-2014, 02:52 PM
One of the perks of reaching Medicare age is that you don't care much what anybody thinks, especially medical personnel who are held to high standards of confidentiality and discretion. From being topless at the chiropractor's to my introductory colonoscopy (with the two cute young female assistants...and good drugs), I yam what I yam. There's no hair there because I don't want it and shave it off. The gynecomastia is five years of estrogen a quarter-century ago; you gotta problem with that?

My years, my body, my choices...and my wife likes the way I keep myself, to boot.

Beverley Sims
01-29-2014, 03:02 PM
If you wear a bra regularly, you are scarred for life anyway.
Telltale indents on the body that just don't go away.