PDA

View Full Version : i wish my RT friends would ask me how i am doing

laura_dear
01-29-2014, 07:26 AM
I teach. I have teacher friends that know about my cross-dressing, and the possibility I may take it further. I even have a couple who have helped me w makeup and clothes, and taken me out for dinner and such. I know I am lucky to have these friends.

My disappointment is that these teacher friends never ask me about how my journey is going. People are so busy. Also, I guess it's weird to just pipe up and say, "SO, how's the M to F going lately?" Still, I wish they would ask, for I feel like I'm imposing when I bring it up.

Rhonda Darling
01-29-2014, 07:50 AM
Make sure they know that not only do you value their friendship and support, you also value the ability to talk with them about what you're going through. Try to get a sense of whether they mind talking about your journey, as opposed to just dressing, makeup, relationships, fashion, and normal girl things. I suspect they want to be really supportive, but lack much of the basic understanding of CD/TS issues. You'll need to guide them to a new comfort zone.

IMHO

Rhonda

Jaylyn
01-29-2014, 07:53 AM
I feel for you because as a former teacher also I can say the CD is a part that is best left in the closet. You don't say what grades you teach in but usually the teaching field is one where the profession itself is held to high standards that usually only are what is normal in the world. The parents don't like trusting their little darlings to anyone that doesn't fit what they consider that norm. Believe me especially in a small towns and in most larger ones, the parent community expect the teachers to be a shining example to the student, community, and not have an outside the classroom life. It's not right but that the way it is in education. You are lucky that your teacher friends have not outed you in in the " teachers lounge". This is the gossip place of every school district. Just as in every other profession there are cliques of teachers that try and rule the school and if you have taught for very long you know who to trust and who not to. Hopefully things will work out for you but in your chosen field of employment be careful with the dressing.
Now with that said and as a former teacher and you being a fellow sister on here " How are you doing"?
You can private message me anytime and visit about your problems. I waited and kept myself in the closet now ( because of my teaching) for close to forty years. Teaching is a tough field even when you are retired from it.

Lynn Marie
01-29-2014, 09:06 AM
Thanks Jaylyn for the enlightenment on the teaching profession. Just stuff that never crossed my mind. Makes me admire those with a heart for teaching even more!

MarciManseau
01-29-2014, 09:13 AM
It could be that they think it's too personal, so they don't ask. You just might start by saying I love the support you both give me. Would it bother you if I discussed some more personal aspects of my transition? It's usually best to be open and honest :)

laura_dear
01-29-2014, 01:58 PM
DANG this forum gets a lot of traffic!

Thank you for the replies. I will be mindful of the politics, and I'll try to speak up for myself. Thank you, all.

stefan37
01-29-2014, 02:05 PM
If you are just crossdressing they will not ask how its going. If you are transitioning, unless they are very close they will not ask you how is it going? Be happy they accept you and treat you with respect. If you are going to transition, be informed that it is a very public process and more than just a couple teachers will know. If you are transitioning I have fond unless they bring it up and ask it is best to just stay quiet and go about your transition. Last thing others want to know is how your transitioning is going.

Beverley Sims
01-29-2014, 02:59 PM
Some people are reticent to bring it up,it can sound weird in the wrong circles.

I do ask a gay friend of mine how his relationship is going so I do care a little about friends.

Caden Lane
01-29-2014, 03:12 PM
Sometimes people don't know how to relate to this aspect of who we are. Its not something ppl encounter all the time. Like any relationship, just keep communicating with them. Let them know that they are important to you and that you are glad you are able to confide in them. That gives you an avenue to talk to them about it.

kimdl93
01-29-2014, 06:52 PM
Better idea: show an interest in their lives and treat your CDing as normal and routine...not something people have to check on from time to time.