PDA

View Full Version : As time progresses.

Denise69
01-29-2014, 03:49 PM
After so many others, I finally accepted photographic evidence of who I am... And decided to reveal myself to 2 close freinds (previously only SO knew) , I've been a busy girl!!

kimdl93
01-29-2014, 06:42 PM
Good for you. I hope the reveal went well.

teri g
01-29-2014, 06:53 PM
You look great and should feel confident in your reveal.

Denise69
01-29-2014, 06:55 PM
Kim, I couldn't have asked for a better outcome. The first was the friend who's birthday I was going to attempt to wear a gown for. The second was a friend and roommate from high school. I guess the next step shall be investigating the possibility of going out! Slippery slope!

Katey888
01-29-2014, 06:59 PM
Good for you Denise - you clearly look as if this has made you happier, and therefore must be a Good Thing.. :cheer:

And watch out for slippery slopes with no bottom.... :D

Have fun!

Katey x

Erica Anne
01-29-2014, 08:14 PM
I know how exciting that can be. It is like getting a heavy weight lifted and at the same time embarrassing and enlightening.
Congratulations on coming out, that is a challenge all on its own deserving praise.

Going out, be prepared to be completely overwhelmed. It is one thing to keep it under wraps, but out in public it can be a lifting experience. Sometimes if you are not the only one it is much easier. My first time out in daylight (left the house in wearing sweats over my skirt) and drove to the park where the city was celebrating a GLBT event. It took a while for me to get the car door open, but once I opened the door it was now or never, no turning back. Getting out of an any vehicle, sometimes it is difficult to be modest in a mini skirt. My assumption was wrong however, I only saw two or three people in skirts and they were women. Most of the crowd wore pants or shorts. That did not bother me. I walked around for at least an hour until I saw someone dressed up en-femme but they were performers and I watched them get onto the stage that was set up. The event I went too may not have been what I assumed it to be. It was fun anyways. The banners on display indicated it was the event on that day.

Have done that many time after that but different areas and no special event to hide in. I had some people stop and ask me for directions. I did not get any rude comments or remarks what so ever.

Oops, I do not mean to hijack your post. Just one small step (it is the first one that is the hardest, once you have made it there you will wonder why you did not do it sooner. Good luck on your adventure. Note: side walks are harder to navigate wearing heels especially when crossing the street. I fell the first time out in front of traffic.

Beverley Sims
01-30-2014, 05:57 AM
Denise,
That's fine, but let the cat out of the bag wisely so as it does not come back to scratch you.

Denise69
01-30-2014, 02:10 PM
Beverly, trust me on that. I was very selective In Who I chose to share with. As open minded as some people are, it still would not fly in my industry. I'm still in the closet, just not alone anymore!

Kristyn Hill
02-05-2014, 05:56 PM
Great for you!

Lena
02-06-2014, 09:57 PM
Great! Best of luck with the progression.