PDA

View Full Version : Why do I or any of us come to this forum?

Glenda58
01-29-2014, 08:19 PM
Why do I come here? I need to talk someone about dressing and the things I do. I can talk to the wife she doesn't understand my need to dress. Since being married I can't dress and go out and meet others like me and talk.

So I come here. I post I read what others are doing. I give you my thoughts on subjects. I tell you want I've been doing or going though. I listen to you.

But most of all I feel I have friends here.

Caden Lane
01-29-2014, 08:27 PM
To fill in the gaps in knowledge about makeup, or clothing...or associate with people of like minds and passions...to spark friendships with people who truly understand what we go through.

Anna H
01-29-2014, 08:31 PM
Dressing up gives me a Happiness that words can't describe
well enough.

When I can't...work or other reasons...I can still be Very
Very happy seeing others and reading their thoughts.
Because I sure Do understand....

We "get it"

~Kate~ ♥ (loves her sisters!)

Madilyn A.
01-29-2014, 08:42 PM
Lots of 'crazy' people who understand me, and I them...sharing a passion only we can understand...... or another words FRIENDS !

Rachael Leigh
01-29-2014, 08:42 PM
Glenda much the same here, I enjoy the threads and just making friends for those who have an understanding of this crazy thing we do.

RADER
01-29-2014, 08:43 PM
I come here for the advice and the companionship. This forum has given me much self
confidence to even under dress, and push the envelop to the max
Like today, I went out of the house with my bra and forms witch gives me a DD look,
and a fem shirt and pants. Granted I just went to the mail box, but that is a giant
leap for a guy buried in his closet.
No this forum is a great place to at least type talk to others. I wish I could talk face to face
with some of you, so my hunting and pecking is getting better.LOL
Rader

Kristy 56
01-29-2014, 08:46 PM
I come here so I don't feel so alone with my feelings. Also,like to read the different opinions and points of view on the various topics.

LenGray
01-29-2014, 08:49 PM
Well, I'm really new here and quite young, so I can't say too much but...it makes me feel better to be here. I'm not alone and I have a lot of wonderful people that will give me advice and support. I don't have any family or friends that would accept this part of me so being here is a place where I can explore a part of myself without being stifled or judged. I don't know enough to where I could explain it to them...yet. Being here let's me be myself.

All in all, I'm here because it's a great place to be. :)

Greenie
01-29-2014, 09:15 PM
Because if I were to tell people I am dating a CDer out in the real world I would hear a mirage of responses. Probably many of them negative. "He is a freak, you are a freak for being with him, you should break up, it will never last, blah blah blah" but here, nope not here. Here I get validated that I am making the right decision and that I am an awesome human being for supporting my SO through this process. :)

BLUE ORCHID
01-29-2014, 09:18 PM
Hi Glenda, It's like the old saying goes, " Birds of a feather sticks together " .

This forum fills a large void in my life,
I'm lucky that my wife only tolerates my dressing it's a DA-DT kind of thinggie around these parts.

Kate Simmons
01-29-2014, 09:19 PM
I'm pretty much settled with who I am but come here to help others get through things if possible and add my experiences where I think they may help others. The greatest thing I feel is being able to be yourself no matter who that self is. In fact my one rule for friendship is always be yourself as that is the person I relate to and appreciate. There is so much more to all of us than our plumbing and exploring that is the greatest adventure of all. Works for me my friends.:battingeyelashes::)

Manwithabra
01-30-2014, 02:00 AM
I'm mainly going to be coming here for advice and tips, and I like reading other peoples stories. It comforts me to know I'm not the only straight guy doing this.

Aylineira
01-30-2014, 02:05 AM
I tend to gravitate myself to the lighter topics instead of heavier ones here in the forum. But really I come here to remember that I am not alone.

Kiwi Primrose
01-30-2014, 02:06 AM
Thank goodness for the computer age and sites like this. Without these I would never have realised there are others that feel like I do.
I always suspected it but had never met another man who was as interested in feminine things as I am.
I come here to be with people I can understand and be one of them.

Lynn Marie
01-30-2014, 02:12 AM
Well Glenda, it seems like you've answered your own question pretty well. This is just about the only interaction closet CDs can get. I guess the rest of us just need a place to brag about our exploits!

Lillyasia
01-30-2014, 02:33 AM
I come here to read others' experiences and realize I am not alone in this. This forum has given me much encouragement and hope. Thank you to whomever started this forum. This is the one internet forum I am most active in. All the others I am only a lurker at best.

PaulaQ
01-30-2014, 02:36 AM
I like the people on this forum, so I come here.

bridget thronton
01-30-2014, 03:09 AM
I come here for support and to offer support when I can

Beverley Sims
01-30-2014, 05:39 AM
Well it keeps me off the streets and I gave up writing graffiti and threw the spray cans away. :)

There's a great bunch of people to interact with also.

Not to mention getting a local weather report regularly.

Adriana Moretti
01-30-2014, 05:53 AM
Well it keeps me off the streets and I gave up writing graffiti and threw the spray cans away. :)

Not to mention getting a local weather report regularly.

Honestly.........................me too on both

Dana_Drake
01-30-2014, 08:12 AM
Nice, supportive people, good practical information on clothing and makeup, no flaming. This group is the most welcoming I've encountered.

Tina B.
01-30-2014, 09:03 AM
I come here because I like it here!

Katey888
01-30-2014, 09:15 AM
I like it here - and for the first time in my life I have been able to share my thoughts and feelings which has helped lift my self-imposed burden of guilt and shame - thank goodness....! :cheer:

And you're all beautiful people... :love:

And I feel like I've really connected with some people that I can call friends... :D

And it's still frickin' raining here in blighty... :(

Katey x

tylia
01-30-2014, 09:35 AM
I used to think i was the only guy in the world with this "problem". This forum and the support of a loving wife has made me feel it's a blessing.

Jenny Doolittle
01-30-2014, 10:12 AM
I come for support, understanding, maybe even a laugh or two. I enjoy seeing how people have over come their fears and grown as a human being. I have learned a lot from the experiences of others and hope that maybe by sharing some of my own experiences I can help someone else avoid the pitfalls I have had in my life.

robindee36
01-30-2014, 10:25 AM
When you can't get to the regular GNO's, this is a reasonable substitute. A place to share information, feelings and experiences with our avocation. Never, know, you could make some friends here too.

That's why I keep coming back here Glenda.

Hugs, Robin :bunny:

Krististeph
01-30-2014, 10:58 AM
Why do I or any of us come to this forum? I joined for the water-skiing and the travel. Not for the killing. I asked the moderators to put it in my profile: "No Killing".

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

MsVal
01-30-2014, 11:10 AM
Why? - I like the people and the way this forum is managed.

I was struggling with questions about my 'odd' desires and came here in search of answers. I got the answers I wanted but left with more questions. Those have been answered, but like peeling an onion, there are still more. I am on a quest to learn enough to be able to repay the help of so many others by being a contributor of answers more than a source of questions.

I have been in forums since Usenet in the '80s; this is among the finest. The community is polite, the moderators do a great job, and the threads stay on topic. This forum is a great place to post questions and find answers without wading through material I find offensive. Technically, it may lack the flash and splash of some other forums, but the response time and usability are excellent, and the lack of annoying ads is quite welcome.

KaceyR
01-30-2014, 11:16 AM
Started for the tips,etc and for trying to figure this whole CD thing out. And validation that I'm not _too_ loony :)
Stayed due to the people and the activity amounts (which makes it feel like a great organized community).
Most other sites (from what I've found) are either just not as active, or have seemed to be directed to other extremes (fetish or not really CD-more global in coverage). So this has stayed my home base.

AKADonna
01-30-2014, 01:45 PM
For me, this is my outlet to voice my passions, problems and feeling about being a CDer! Before I found this site, I would constantly let things bother me an build up. Many molehills have become mountains over the years, but since I've been on this forum, I seem to be far more content within myself. Of course, its been wonderful for the dressing and makeup tips, too, but the camaraderie and friendship of girls with a lot in common is just "exquisite"!

Karren H
01-30-2014, 01:48 PM
Its cheap entertainment! lol

Jordan
01-30-2014, 01:50 PM
To me this forum is a way of letting myself go as I can't do it anywhere else in my life but to have friends here and to be able to discuss what I need to is a huge relief

Jodi
01-30-2014, 02:05 PM
Karren beat me to it. Many of the posts are very entertaining.

Jodi

Jonithan
01-30-2014, 02:24 PM
I used to think there was only a few people that did this. That real men don't do this. I'm glad I was wrong. I'm in great company here. I'll chime in when the thread moves me. This grasshopper is still learning and taking it all in. Thanks for this safe place to hear and be heard....

Joni

Cheryl T
01-30-2014, 02:43 PM
I enjoy reading what others have to say and sharing my thoughts and the things I've learned over all these years.
I learn something new from others and hopefully can offer something in return. It's a nice, comfortable place to visit and know that others share my feelings, fears and other related emotions.

kelly10
01-30-2014, 03:41 PM
I come here because it has become a addiction! Just one more thread... one more post...one more thread...one more post...must put on a dress...no wait...one more thread...one more post...must go to bed...one more post...must watch the hockey game that's the 2nd goal I've missed... one more thread...one more post...etc etc etc
Help!!!
....one more thread...one more post...

@Katey

And it's still frickin' raining here in blighty... :(

Katey x[/QUOTE]

Raining in the UK?! Say it isn't so! :battingeyelashes:

Janet Doe
01-30-2014, 07:02 PM
I like having somewhere to go, to be able to communicate with like minded people. It helps me keep things in perspective.

It also helps to be enlightened by stories and accomplishments from you other girls.

LadyInRed
01-30-2014, 09:12 PM
nice to have a break from the isolation, reading what people have gone through, and being able to offer advice where i can..
mostly tho it's nice to know that there are people out there who get me...

Shellycd12
01-30-2014, 09:43 PM
You are not alone. I feel the same way and i am glad i joined this forum.
Many nice people here and such great advice.
It does help me very much.
Thanks for posting this.

Shelly

Danielle Gee
01-31-2014, 07:45 AM
Lots of 'crazy' people who understand me, and I them...sharing a passion only we can understand...... or another words FRIENDS !

Amen Maddy. I come here for the same reason... to chat with my friends!

Kaz
01-31-2014, 07:55 AM
Great thread! I joined initially to learn and share with others. I then made some great friends and laughed a lot with them. It was a really vital part of my life. I then was a moderator for a while until my real life presented me with limited time to be here and I have been absent for too long! This thread has made me realise how much I miss everyone and what is special about this place... It always was a home from home and that is why I spent so much tome here sharing my pics and stories and just general naughtiness! LOL