PDA

View Full Version : Therapy appt -the wheels are now in motion

alisa63
01-30-2014, 04:04 PM
About a month ago I studied my employers health plan and realized that, if pre-authorized, HRT and SRS are covered an for the first time in my life I realized that changing my body to be congruent with who I am on the inside may actually be possible. I started researching WPATH's SOC and local transgender resources. I found a psychologist locally who specializes in trans issues and after a few days finally made the call. I was disappointed to find out she had a waiting list. I went on the list and called to see where I was on it today. They called me back in a few hours and I have an appt in a few weeks! I talked with he nice women and made sure that this doctor wrote letters for HRT recommendation and had physicians she worked with in this regard. I was assured she does and the girl told me that the professionals in that network all work together to get me what I need when I ready. I almost screamed thank you into the phone. Seriously, I said thank you in a relieved way like I finally found why I have been search on for my whole life. I am so excited.

Angela Campbell
01-31-2014, 03:21 PM
I bet you are, Alisa, good luck to you.

Michelle789
01-31-2014, 08:13 PM
Congrats on your therapy session. I wish you the best of luck. That's awesome that your employer's health care plan covers HRT and SRS. My current employer doesn't provide medical insurance, so I have to purchase my own. I need to figure out what plans cover HRT and SRS before I buy a plan, but I want to do it in a way without outing myself to the insurance companies at this time.

melissakozak
02-01-2014, 05:39 PM
Alisa,

Best wishes on your journey...your counselor will, I hope, guide you through the process well...thank goodness she has trans related experience...very, very important.

Melissa.