PDA

View Full Version : She was embarrassed

Annaliese
01-30-2014, 06:37 PM
At our weekly staff meeting Tuesday, it was at the end of the meeting, it had been a long day and I had been restless in my seat. My shirt had road up a little and in-between two buttons my shirt was open and my blue bra was showing. A female staff member a cross form me was trying to get my attention, I look at her and she said your shirt. At that point I pull my shirt back down, at the same time the other staff members on that side of the table (two woman and one male) looked at me. I don’t think any of them saw anything but not sure. The one across from me sure did.
Then on Wednesday she come into my office saying how sorry she was, for call attention to me.
The thing is I was not embarrassed about the whole thing, I know she saw the bra there was no way she could have not, I had on a dark blue shirt, and the bra was light blue.
I know at least one of my co-works know I wear a bra, I don’t think that any one else did, but not sure of that either.
It’s not like I am trying to hide it, I wear make-up each day, I pad my bra with enhances and my nails have polish on them. Any one looking close can see.
I am comfortable with my self, taking small steps on the out side to match the person on the inside.
It has a cured to me I am transiting I am become the person I was meant to be in side and out. I don’t know how far I will go, but I am on that road, with stop on the way. Sometimes looking back from where I started, and some time looking at what is ahead. But knowing I am on the right road. As I looking around I see other on this same road with me, some just starting, and still other that are at the finish. Then some that this road is not for them.
It is a road that I had to find my self. The collective knowledge here has help me find this road, one has to just look a round, or ask and one question can be answered.
There was a post last week from a GG, it was a video of a girl, talking about what does not define her, other can’t define one has to define one self. I am a person who love her, cowgirl jean, and boots, loves colorful lingerie. Who also love, to dress up, to look nice and like her picture taken. Is a conservative, but also believe in marriage for every one.
Sorry this was going to be a short one.

Hugs to everyone.

Jorja
01-30-2014, 07:50 PM
Congratulations Annaliese! You have found the path that makes you happy. Not many in this world can say that. If it suits you, stay with it and ride it out. Dress the way you want to dress. Oh, and maybe buy your coworker a cup of coffee or something just to show your gratitude for trying to help you out.

Jaylyn
01-30-2014, 08:28 PM
Annalise besides the first part about the bra showing I enjoyed reading your message. Hope someone didn't see the bra that wasn't supposed to. I love how you are thinking about life . Sounds to me that you are a very solid person on a road to being who you want to be. You will define yourself with your thinking. You are a very beautiful gal in the making. Don't be sorry what you posted was very well written and says what a lot of us would love to say . Very well stated and you are right on the knowledge from this site is helpful to us all. I love reading others thoughts and their goals in life. We have all kinds of personalities on here and it is amazing how we all think differently and have differing options on every thing but we all still share a unique goal. Some just a bit more loftier than others. Bet we could all Senators and Representatives and the way we all seem to click on here we could run the government by our kindness and soft spoken compliments to each other.

PretzelGirl
01-30-2014, 11:09 PM
I remember how well you blended things into your appearance when we met years ago. But maybe a pullover shirt instead of a button-up? :)

Jennifer S
01-31-2014, 12:17 AM
I am with you and I love that there are people like you that are sharing this road with me.

xox

Jenn

sandra-leigh
01-31-2014, 02:36 AM
I started with hiding and hoping hard no-one would notice. Then hiding and knowing that someone might make out a bra strap and having a lie or excuse ready. Then hiding and hoping someone would notice. After a more stages, not "hiding" but not being "open" about it, meanwhile radiating defiance at anyone to say anything about it. Later, not hiding, knowing that people probably notice, and not being concerned, being willing to laugh and joke about it.

By now, for me, wearing something like that is "just what I wear", something only brought to conscious attention if it is necessary to adjust the item.

And that worry that someone might see a little tiny bump of a bra adjuster? Now completely replaced with "It's pretty frustrating, when I wear this long coat because it is so cold out, people keep mis-gendering me as male! Are they blind to not see the female right in front of them?!"

Chickhe
01-31-2014, 02:37 AM
I think it is entertaining. The woman who noticed, was concerned for you either because 'no woman should let her bra show' or 'she figured you out'... doesn't matter, either way she was concerned for you, that's what matters.

Rogina B
01-31-2014, 06:42 AM
Treat her nicely because she is your friend! And get her a coffee like Jorja suggested...

Marcelle
01-31-2014, 06:46 AM
Hi Annaliese,

It sounds like you are in a comfortable spot in your life and are ready to move forward. CONGRATS! That was a great story and thanks for sharing.

Hugs

Isha

Beverley Sims
01-31-2014, 07:27 AM
Annaliese,
You have a good attitude towards life and I agree show some gratitude to that someone that may become a good friend.
In the meantime, be more careful.

Annaliese
01-31-2014, 10:12 AM
I did thank her and gave her a hug. I work close with her with students with disability that are in my classes. She is a great person.

Annaliese
01-31-2014, 04:08 PM
I think it is entertaining. The woman who noticed, was concerned for you either because 'no woman should let her bra show' or 'she figured you out'... doesn't matter, either way she was concerned for you, that's what matters.
Yes she is a good person, and would not do or say anything to hurt me, she just did not want anyone else to see it. She was cute when she came into my office she was worried that I might be mad at her.