PDA

View Full Version : hate work uniforms with company name on them

Rachelakld
01-31-2014, 03:41 AM
especially when I'm trying on a pretty new dress in a ladies shop.
and do you thing the steel toe capped boots made it look any better - not likely.
But still - why do I need big letters spelling out the company on front and back of my work shirt

Still, it fitted nicely, even better when I got home and with pushup bra and heels (and a shaved chin). My 16 year old thought it was lovely on me, so that also made me happy.

I'm so glad I went in, tried it on and bought it.

Teresa
01-31-2014, 04:05 AM
Hi Rachel,
Why don't you get something different printed on your shirt and see how long before they notice or paint your steel toe caps pink and say you had an accident with some paint! You've just reminded me I had an accident with a tin of paint in the garage my spirit levels, power saw and other tools covered in pink paint, the pink footprints were quite funny though.

Beverley Sims
01-31-2014, 07:52 AM
I make sure I have another top I can put on.
I become easily recognisable that way.
I also have to wear promotional T shirts and usually people want to buy them off my back.
Every one notices you.

Kate Simmons
01-31-2014, 07:56 AM
I kept my uniforms after I retired. I have the knack of making them look sexy while wearing them en femme. ;):battingeyelashes::)

Amyy
01-31-2014, 09:57 AM
I'm sure the people who worked there weren't worried about where you worked.

Also, you're relaly lucky to have the support of your kid like that.

Tina B.
01-31-2014, 11:57 AM
Worked in a very macho trade, always was afraid to shop in my work clothes, with the name of the company in huge letters all over my back.
But then I was usually dirty and sweaty when I got off work, and wouldn't want to try on clothes like that anyway.

JessMe
01-31-2014, 08:12 PM
Ironically enough, I actually just ordered some femme clothes with my (very macho) company's name/logo on them for two reasons: A.) There was a promotional thing where a job well done was rewarded with "store credit"... so it was FREE., and B.) Because this side of branded wear was way nicer than the standard work wear fare (with many guys buying things for their wives/girlfriends. ) ...fancy a silky, moisture-wicking top? Why yes... yes, I... er, my girlfriend does! Lol ...that being said, my very first act will be to figure out how to remove said logo.