PDA

View Full Version : Going out for the first time.

Alexaduggal
01-31-2014, 09:18 AM
This weekend I plan to go out dressed for the first time. I am going to get my makeup done and then head to a CD party. It is hard to describe how I'm feeling about it. I'm so excited yet terrified. The makeup artist is in a very crowded yet CD friendly part of town. I will have to walk from her place to wherever I've parked, probably a few blocks away, totally en femme. I am as excited for this walk as I am for the party. Mainly because the walk will happen while hundreds of people will be walking the streets of this manhattan neighborhood and the party is in a pretty remote location. As I am writing this, I'm thinking I may go grab a drink before the party at a local CD friendly bar.

I hope the girls at the party are friendly and I hope I am comfortable with the scene. I tend to be very shy in situations where I don't know anyone. I am though hoping to get some attention with a really sexy outfit. So I don't know if this post makes much sense. I tend to ramble sometimes. Just had to blurt out my excitement. Thanks for reading girls.

ashley.love
01-31-2014, 09:22 AM
Awesome, i hope it goes well for you and you have fun. Im working up to my first outing soon. So I'd love to hear how yours goes. Please post an after action report. :-)

Anna H
01-31-2014, 09:26 AM
oh...it makes sense. I just wish i were there to go with you...
your company could help to keep me from shaking out of my
boots!

~Kate~ ♥

Amyy
01-31-2014, 09:45 AM
Good luck alex! The first time I went out dressed was to the hair salon and like you say, the walk to and from the car was the most thrilling part! I was only parked about 100 metres away but it was along a major road. I just kept focusing on my walk and let my bangs blow into my face. Have a fantastic weekend!

Ellie52
01-31-2014, 09:52 AM
Alex, I bet you find. once your "in the moment" everything will be fine. I know it was like that for me. Like going up on stage and playing "comfortably numb" in front of a couple of hundred people. Easy peasy Japanesey....Lots of luck...Ellie

Melissa in SE Tn
01-31-2014, 10:18 AM
Your excitement can be heard in Tennessee! Please post us with a recap. I hope that you truly enjoy your femme time. Peace, melissa

Katey888
01-31-2014, 10:44 AM
Alex - I'm sure all will be fine - I'm excited for you and it sounds like you have it all well planned: right place, right time, right people - Have a ball! :cheer:

Oh- and of course, we want to know all about it after... :D

Katey x

Kate Simmons
01-31-2014, 11:00 AM
Sounds kinda like a blind date. Hope you have fun Hon. :)

PretzelGirl
01-31-2014, 11:40 AM
Enjoy yourself! I think getting make-up done the first time out is a good way to do it. A make-up artist is generally accepting and you can relax some before going out into the masses. Just remember to smile and don't forget you are having fun. :battingeyelashes:

Alexaduggal
01-31-2014, 12:13 PM
Thank you all so much for your kind words. I wish you all could be walking down the street with me as I go.

Vanessa Rose
01-31-2014, 12:18 PM
You know, firstly I want to say congrats and have fun Alexa. mostly have fun. but the best advice and I still chuckle at it is to remember to breath and smile!!! that is funny... but it is true and I can remember NOT doing that too well on occasion.

I wonder if we should have a scoreboard put up with the people that took their first trip out during the week. another for the number of people that told their spouse with a Great (support) Good (accepted/still comprehension), Poor (DADT).

There is so much activity going on these board and so many going out for the first time, I think it would be appropriate to do some sort of a dashboard.

What do you all think...?????

Vanny

steeve
01-31-2014, 12:23 PM
Alex, have fun , my first cd party was terrifying for me, but the girls there put my mind at ease and helped me , and i came away feeling refreshed and at ease. have fun hun x

Stephanie47
01-31-2014, 12:27 PM
Have fun, but, watch out for the rowdy Super Bowl crowds. I don't know what you mean by a remote location in Manhattan, but, watch your back. If you're on the west side of Manhattan the further west you get toward the Hudson River the less security there is.

steeve
01-31-2014, 12:37 PM
like Stephanie said, watch out for the wildlife .

Beverley Sims
01-31-2014, 12:55 PM
Alex,
First night butterflies are just awful.
I hope you overcome them quickly.

kimdl93
01-31-2014, 01:04 PM
It's a bit like getting into a sim mind pool. The initial shock is over more quickly if you just jump in the deep end.

CDAshleyAnne
01-31-2014, 01:07 PM
I wonder if we should have a scoreboard put up with the people that took their first trip out during the week. another for the number of people that told their spouse with a Great (support) Good (accepted/still comprehension), Poor (DADT).

There is so much activity going on these board and so many going out for the first time, I think it would be appropriate to do some sort of a dashboard.

What do you all think...?????

Vanny

This sounds like a fabulous idea! :-)

Hi Alexaduggal - I'm on the edge of venturing out for the first time myself in NYC in about a month. I'd love to know how to reach the makeup artist - a good makeover might make me feel more comfortable wandering out of the confines of my hotel room. I also am thinking about going out to a bar - sounds like you are a local (I used to live in the Village) so I'd also love to hear from you (even with a private message) about where you go and how it goes so I can consider the same place. Thanks and good luck. You'll do great, I'm sure. :-)

Persephone
01-31-2014, 01:10 PM
Go, girl, go! Rock that outfit!

(But do keep your Neew York street smarts dialed on!)

We want to hear all about it, with pctures if possible!

Hugs,
Persephone.

TessInJxn
01-31-2014, 02:28 PM
Good luck! You'll have a blast. I remember feeling terrified, liberated, free, worried, and every other emotion you can come up with the first time I went out. I loved it, though (even though I'd never worn heels that long and by the end of the night my feet were killing me)! You should be proud of yourself for mustering up the courage to do so. It took me a long, long time to finally take my first public step in heels. I'm so glad that I did!

joanna4
01-31-2014, 05:15 PM
Thanks for sharing. It will be fun and rewarding. The experience of getting your makeup done, walking the streets, and being with others while dressed will be ti live for. I wish you a safe, learning, and happy journey.

Eryn
01-31-2014, 07:29 PM
You're going to do great! Once you walk out that door the apprehensions melt away rapidly because there is nothing left to anticipate. You're in the moment! Pretty quickly you will be able to stop worrying about what you are doing and simply enjoy yourself.

One thing that I found surprising is that, while I enjoy the company of the TG community, I have a lot of fun in places that aren't specifically "TG friendly." Being out and about in the mainstream of society was very validating to me, like taking off the training wheels. The ironic thing is that I probably draw less attention in the mainstream because nobody is looking for TG individuals there!

Megan b
01-31-2014, 08:49 PM
Hey Alex, hope you have a great time. I remember my first time out, it was the scariest thing and the funnest thing I've ever done. I loved it and you will to. Enjoy yourself.

Lexi_83
02-01-2014, 10:13 AM
I used to. Have a couple of shots of Schnapps. It smells nice, doesn't make me need to pee, and fortified my courage.

Alexaduggal
02-01-2014, 06:28 PM
Ok girls, the time is here. I just got out of a nice long relaxing shower. Shaved everyplace I could reach. Feel really super smooth and sexy after moisturizing. Now about to leave for the makeup session. So nervous but way more excited. Thanks for all your kind words and support. It's wonderful knowing this place and you fabulous people exist. Wish me luck. Thanks again.

julia marie
02-01-2014, 07:19 PM
Relax. Be confident. Have fun.