PDA

View Full Version : Change of plans, coming home.

Maria 60
01-31-2014, 09:11 PM
Usually every Friday my wife and I go out for dinner, halfway through dinner she tells me the kids our out and that I should have some Maria time. Hold that thought, the cell phone sounds a text. "CHANGE OF PLANS, COMING HOME. She turns to me and tells me Maria's time is over. I told her, I don't know why these text never go in my favour, and told her why don't they ever say something like this,
Change of plans.
-Staying at my girlfriends for the weekend.
-taking my friends shift, have to work eight more hours.
-going out instead of staying home tonight.
You can join in if you like.

chelyann
01-31-2014, 10:55 PM
because kids Know when you make plans !!! :)
they have ESP :)

Brenda79135
02-01-2014, 05:38 AM
They also know the exact amount of money you have in your wallet and will need that exact amount for something.

Kim_Bitzflick
02-01-2014, 07:29 AM
because kids Know when you make plans !!! :)
they have ESP :)

I agree with this. After 18 years of kids at home, my youngest is finally away at college and I can dress a lot more freely. Now when I get a text, I worry that something is wrong but usually they just want to talk.

KayleeTaylor
02-01-2014, 07:47 AM
Your life would be a lot easier if you just told your kids :)

trish lee
02-01-2014, 09:19 AM
My children have been out of the home for a few years now, but about the time I get the heels and lipstick on one of them have some reason to stop by , so I definitely understand how you feel. The really funny thing is that it irritates my wife , LOL

Dana921
02-01-2014, 11:52 AM
I was thinking at least they are giving you notice of what is going on and not just coming home unannounced, sending both you and your wife scrambling. Hopefully you will feel you can bring them in on this side or you at some point or they move out and you can feel more free to explore as you wish!

CarlaWestin
02-01-2014, 12:09 PM
Would the journey to acceptance by society start with normalizing transgender behavior around our children? Maybe it's premature here in 2014 but, I think my daughter wouldn't have a problem with my CD. I'm just traditionally reluctant to tell her.

Beverley Sims
02-01-2014, 12:26 PM
Children are smarter than their parents.

Just remember you raised and educated them that way.

Why? :)

Katey888
02-01-2014, 12:28 PM
I can feel for you and empathise with your frustration, Maria - fortunately both my boys have fled (read: ejected :)) the nest.
They do happen by at odd times as they both live fairly locally - the sound of a key in the front door can be a nerve-wracking event in certain circumstances... :eek:

How about - change of plans:
- Scratchcard competition win for two weeks in Caribbean - can only take two so it's mum and sis/brother - you'll have to stay at home...

There must be more...

Katey x

Kristy 56
02-01-2014, 02:51 PM
Now that's just a real bummer . I feel your pain.