PDA

View Full Version : Goals and Rewards

reb.femme
02-01-2014, 09:34 AM
Sometimes I need a stimulus to get me enthused to achieve a target and then to have a reward, when the target is achieved. I’ve found that keeping my weight under control as I age, coupled with my love of sugary treats, has become more difficult in the last few years, so I needed to give myself a little jolt.

So to this end, I bought my first dedicated girl exercise kit. Two skorts, a box top and couple of t-shirts now purchased to this end. I already have a couple of pairs of jog bottoms and tops but they are my girl casual / layabout wear for home. Anyway, this afternoon, Rebecca gets physical for her first en femme session. Got a great feeling in my stomach as I look forward to donning my new kit , as this girl is desperate to keep looking as good as she can.

Will buy myself something special when I have lost a stone in weight (14lb for non-Brits :heehee:).

Do others find they need incentives to achieve personal goals?

Rebecca (chubby chops)

bridget thronton
02-01-2014, 10:18 AM
Incentives are good - I occasionally reward myself with some extravagance when I reach a goal (either personal or job related)

NoExcuses
02-01-2014, 11:50 AM
I agree with Bridget. I work towards a realistic goal and with a planned specific reward in mind. Makeover. A new outfit. A day out just to myself. Goals and rewards are good. You go Rebecca!

Beverley Sims
02-01-2014, 11:54 AM
My goal is to go around the world again.
When I return I try on my size 10 dress.
If it zipps up, that is my reward for all that walking and sight seeing I did in the previous three months.

Adriana Moretti
02-01-2014, 11:58 AM
I am constantly setting goals...they could be big or small....they just really help in every possible way

MsVal
02-01-2014, 12:24 PM
Setting goals? I recommend you consider S.M.A.R.T. goals:

Specific - Having such a level of specificity that you can't even lie to yourself. Avoid 'some', 'try', 'more', and other vague terms.
Measurable - You need to be able to know how much is done and how much remains to be done.
Achievable - It has to be something within your control and within your means.
Realistic - The goal must not present a challenge too great to be realistic, but it must present a realistic challenge.
Time - Avoid generalizations. This must be a specific date when the goal will be met.

"I will completely paint all four bedrooms of my house, including clean up, and replacing the furniture, before Monday, February 10."

If something comes up that makes a goal impossible to meet, don't give up and abandon it, just modify it to be a new S.M.A.R.T goal.

Best wishes
MsVal

Katey888
02-01-2014, 03:55 PM
Rebecca,

Great that you can set a goal to go for - I just squeezed off about 3-4lbs on a 5 day partial fast and I still don't feel hungry - plus a little bit of exercise - go for it! That feeling is a great incentive... Male love handles are just not right - isn't it galling all our fat stores are in totally the wrong, unladylike places.

Enjoy what you do - have fun - and feel the burn!!!! :)

Katey x

reb.femme
02-01-2014, 04:35 PM
Wore my new kit today and had a good aerobic session, but painful as regards my music.

My ears are a nice place to hang my earphones :) but no damn pockets in the skorts for putting my phone, where my thumpety thump exists. Had to hold it (the phone) for part of the session before I put my boy shorts on. Two pockets there. Now I need a little holder for the phone when exercising en femme or it's boy shorts for a while. Other than that, love my box top and pink t-shirt.

Do girls not need pockets? Could always buy a clip on mp3 player I suppose :sad:.

Rebecca

Vanessa Rose
02-01-2014, 04:48 PM
Hmmm,

I thought a stone was three 1/2 britts.... could be just my measurement system. I am taking my weight changes in tons these days. God if spandex could talk, I would be tried for the death penalty.

Vanny