PDA

View Full Version : Women's Shoes

christina1
01-06-2006, 10:55 PM
Hi group,

You helped me with women's skirts and I appreciate it; but now I want to know how to convert men's sizes for shoes to women's. I am a size 12 men's size so what size in women's size.

Thanks,

Christina1

Joyce1702
01-06-2006, 11:01 PM
The general rule of thumb is 2 sizes up for women's shoes. It works for me, I wear a men's 11 and a women's 13.

Finding them is not always easy.

Joyce

renee k
01-06-2006, 11:06 PM
Hi Christina,

What works for me is one size larger in a womens. I'm an 8 1/2 in mens and usually 9 1/2 or 10 in a womens size. Sizes do vary so try them on to see what works.

Huggs, Renee

Julia Christiana
01-06-2006, 11:12 PM
For comfort, 2 sizes up works best for me. 1 size up is snug but managable especially when you consider the drop off in options over a womens size 10.

I wear an 11.5 mens/13-14 womens myself and was actually out shopping this evening for a pair of simple black heels. Not a chance. :mad:

Back in the days, I used to squeeze my feet into my moms long forgotten old heels, but that was torture. :(

Good Luck,
Julia Christiana

Adrianne
01-06-2006, 11:19 PM
I go up two sizes from men's to women's, men's 6.5 women's 8.5.

Davinarobo
01-07-2006, 01:17 AM
OK, Lets take it a bit further, you are refering to U.S sizes. Does anyone know about sizing differences here in Australia, can we assume that the same 2 sizes up apply? I would be dealing with op shops where every thing is in a large box. Money is short and I would not be able to buy several pairs to find my size which is an Aust 9. love to all from Australia. Davina

Bridget
01-07-2006, 03:18 AM
I wear between a size 10 to 12 mens size shoes, and i wear comfortably a women's size 10 wide.

The best bet is to try the shoes on, i suppose. My experiences at shoe stores have always been very positive, even in drab.

Carole
01-07-2006, 03:58 AM
Hi Christina1

Payless shoes have a printable size chart on their website; once printed and put together (comes on 2 sheets) you just place your foot on and read off the size.

racquel
01-07-2006, 04:10 AM
6.5---I think i hate you:rolleyes:
I haven't been 6.5 since i turned age 7:cry:

RenoDana
01-07-2006, 10:33 AM
Christina:
By the way, in sizes that large, find the nearest Nordstrom Rack store to you. Visit, get on their mailing list, and you'll get a card for the LARGE SIZE SHOE EVENT they have about every 6 months. They go up to size 15! Locations at www.nordstrom.com .
--RenoDana

Hi group,
You helped me with women's skirts and I appreciate it; but now I want to know how to convert men's sizes for shoes to women's. I am a size 12 men's size so what size in women's size.
Thanks,
Christina1

TGMarla
01-07-2006, 10:42 AM
Yeah, it's tough, as you can see. It can be anywhere from one to two sizes in difference, but that doesn't even work out all the time. I wear a 9 1/2 in men's, but I bought a size 10 1/2 in a nice pump that fits me rather comfortably. But my rather strappy sandals are a size 9 1/2. The leather straps are really thin, and they stretched a bit and fit like a glove.

The best answer is the one thing that's hardest to do without any embarrassment....try them on first. The Payless chart is also a nice idea. Other stores often have such charts, too.

cosmolovesph
01-07-2006, 11:13 AM
i too have big boats for feet (13 mens) :angry: makes it overly tough for fitting in the "good" shoes... but i digress.

If you are wearing lower heels or HIGH heels, open toed or closed toed, i can attest that your right size will vary alot...!!

I wear closed 15's, but open 13WW or 14WW, raise the heels, then towards the upper end.

I wish i had smaller feet and my shoe options would sky rocket, as would my collection :D

Jodi
01-07-2006, 08:02 PM
I wear a size 9 in men's size. In femme wear, I wear a 9-1/2 or 10.

Jodi

Sherrie
01-07-2006, 08:46 PM
If only I could wear those sizes. I'm so Jealous.:bs: I wear a mens 11 and a womens 12W for the most part. Although I have gotten a few 12M that also fit well. Why do they all seem to cut off the pretty shoes at size 10M. I hate the manufacturers.

reginaNJ1
01-07-2006, 10:12 PM
Ilike to use www.zappos.com. very goood selection in all sizes. prices are very reasonable

Audrey34
01-07-2006, 10:40 PM
The best heels for me have come from www.mayashoes.com. I was able to find several pairs of pumps (size 13) in different colors there.
-Audrey

Francine
01-07-2006, 10:55 PM
I wear a size 11 men's shoe (nomally) and I find that I can wear a size 12 women's shoes that is an open toe, like a strappy high heel. I have found for a closed toe shoe, like a pump or boot, it seems to be better if I go to a size 13, even though they are harder to find. I do however have one pair of women's boot, size 12 but they are a size 12W and a size 12 women's pair of tennis shoes. My other boots are a size 13 regular, women's. The general rule that I always heard is 1 to 1 1/2 size larger for a women's shoe than men's shoes.
Here's another tip. Try them on.
And one more place, www.payless.com for Payless shoes. Alot of my shoes have been purchased at Payless, and the clerk at the store I go to, I think she knows the shoes...are for me. ;)

Good luck.

Maddie Nolan
01-08-2006, 10:51 AM
OK, Lets take it a bit further, you are refering to U.S sizes. Does anyone know about sizing differences here in Australia, can we assume that the same 2 sizes up apply?

I couldn't say for certain about Australian sizes, but don't take it for granted. Here in the UK and in my personal experience it seems to work the other way. I take a size 11 mens shoe but a womens size 10 usually fits very nicely and I can, in certain styles even get into a size 9 without any discomfort.

cosmolovesph
01-08-2006, 11:13 AM
I should have mentioned that i have ordered a couple times from www.womenshoesplus.com (http://www.womenshoesplus.com/) (great shoes, speed of delivery and descrete shipping package if that's something you need too ~thankfully i don't but something to share~)

BrendaChristine
01-08-2006, 11:25 AM
I'm about a size and a half up. How I found out was I was in a Mega Shoestore and they had the shoe measureres lying about. It wasn't busy, so I found one for women and measured. Voila!

MistyCD
01-08-2006, 06:36 PM
Hi Girls, I just found out something very interesting between the mens and womens shoe sizes. Now I know some said there is no difference, but read on.

Yesterday my wife and I went to a specialty shoe store called Foot Solutions. My wife has a heel spur and the shots the podiatrist didn't do much good. While she was trying on some shoes, I looked at the styles they had for Men, as I need a pair for work. I took off my sneakers and stepped into one of those foot measuring devices they have, and was amazed that my foot grew from a size 10 to a size 11 in one year! "Thats strange, I take a size 11" I said outloud. Well the shoe salesman said, "Yes, if you wore a womens shoe that is... you're using the wrong guide, that's for women " Sure enough I looked at the guide and it had 'womens' written on it. When I tried the 'mens' version it correctly showed me with a size 10.5.

interesting huh!!!

Hugs Misty

PaulaJeanette
01-08-2006, 06:45 PM
Misty,

My male shoe size is 9.5D but my high heels are 12W. Unlike you, I determined this thru trial and error.

Enjoy,

PaulaJeanette

SherriePall
01-08-2006, 07:36 PM
I thought I was going to be alone on this answer, but I've read several others with my situation. The rule of thumb is two sizes up to women's sizes.
That's what the girl at Payless a couple of years ago when I was buying my first shoes figured. I told her I wore a 9 1/2 mens, so she took over a 12, then an 11, and finally a 10. Basically, in pumps and closed shoes I'm a 10, but sandals or shoes such as slingbacks with a little give, a 9 1/2. So the correct answer is to try them on.
That may seem a little frightening for some us, but it's really the only way.

tara 24-7
01-30-2006, 06:54 AM
love heels, im a uk size 12, in your part of the world its a size 16, but check out skyhighshoes for sexy larger heels and boots, and they got a conversion chart, ALWAYS order 1 size bigger than you are tho hon,kisses tara xxxx

ErikaLeigh
01-30-2006, 09:27 AM
I wear a 12 in mens, but can wear a 11.5 depending on the shoe. In womens sizes, I wear a 12, 12W, 13, 13W depending on the shoe. My rule of thumb is the shape of the shoe, If the shoe or boot is pointy, I go for the 13 or 13w if its really pointy. If the toe area is more rounded then I go for a 12 or 12w. Also if they are over a 3 inch heel, go for the next size up. I buy most of my shoes at payless.com and have them shipped to a store near me (free shipping that way). I also just posted a thread on here trying to find some red pumps in a 12 or 13, and the ladies had some good links. I ended up buying a pair from queen fashions. Here is a link to the thread.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22312

Lindahexi
01-30-2006, 09:54 AM
Here in the UK I find that mens and womens are the same, for example my Niece gave me some size 7 ladies shoes and they fit my feet perfectly, I normally take a size 7 mens. Since then I've tried lots of girls shoes on at different stores and always size 7 fits just fine. I guess from all the USA girls advice your system is different.

cd-Jennifer
01-30-2006, 11:05 AM
I wear a size 8.5 in men's and size 8.5 or 9 in women's. I think the bigger the size the bigger the difference

jenny c
01-30-2006, 11:33 AM
just to confuse matters furtheri I have found another factor to take in consideration when choosing shoes most mens feet are wider than womens so is sometimes better to look for Wide fitting shoes normally denoted by a W after the shoe size i.e. 8W (size 8 Wide fitting)
this sometimes is a major factor when choosing boots makes then easier to put on.
I have also attached a shoe fitting guide i found on the internet i hope its of some use.

MsEva
01-30-2006, 12:15 PM
Heel height is important too. For most conservative shoes, go one and a half sizes bigger, for stilletoes, especially with pointy toes go two sizes bigger, that is my two cents! Works for me.:o

NorriesMom GG
01-30-2006, 12:30 PM
Christina,
Hello! I am a GG who wears a womens 13 AAA /mens 11. But it all depends on the shoe too. I have a HORRIBLE time finding shoes that fit, infact most of the time i wear mens. I found a couple of places that might be helpful in your search though. www.bigandbeautifulshoes.com www.designershoes.com Both sites cater to thouse of us with the larger sizes. Blessings!
~Liz~

Aloha_Dana
01-30-2006, 03:21 PM
I agree that in general 2 sizes up for closed toe'd shoes, 1-1/2 if they are open. Also check to wide widths - having the correct width will keep you from getting a size too large, which is a tripping hazard.

Also good advice to check out the Payless shoe sizing chart. That dailed me in just fine.

Here is another site that has a decent selection up to 12 and wide widths. http://www.shoetrader.com/ Caution here though. I asked if other girls have purchased from them before or had heard of anything bad. No one responded positively or negaively. I'm gonna give it a shot though w/an inexpensive pair for starters.

Aloha,
Dana