PDA

View Full Version : Coming Out Dreams

Michelle789
02-01-2014, 05:48 PM
Lately I have been having dreams during my sleep about coming out as being transgender. I had a couple such dreams last summer, and a lot more in the last two months. Here are some examples.

1. I was driving around with my brother and told him in the car that I was transgender. His response was "I'm sorry to hear that".

2. I went to an AA meeting where my sponsor and this other guy that we're sorta friends with but have a rocky relationship with, and there was a transwoman talking about gender dysphoria. My sponsor then asks me if I wanted to talk with him about any gender issues. Note: My sponsor actually did ask me to talk about gender issues with him in real life, three times. I'm not sure why my sponsor suspected I was trans.

3. I was in my parent's basement and came out to my mom and my brother while we were all cleaning the basement. They were like "okay".

4. I was at a friend's house for Thanksgiving, and all his family, and all my family was there. I was presenting as female, all dressed up for Thanksgiving, and everyone knew, except for my dad. I asked my mom if I should sit with the women, or in between the women and the men. She told me to sit with the women. I also asked her how my dad would react since he didn't know yet. She told me that he will just have to get over it when he sees me as female for the first time.

5. Last night, I had another one. This time I told my father than I was transitioning, and he tried to talk me out of it. He didn't threaten to disown me, but tried to talk me out of transitioning because of male privilege, and because of the medical risks of transitioning. He told me that he will not let me transition. I was really freaked out by this one.

Questions.
1. Has anyone here had any dreams related to coming out as being transgender?

2. What do these kind of dreams mean, if anything?

Angela Campbell
02-01-2014, 10:51 PM
What does it mean? It means you are thinking about it a lot.

PaulaQ
02-01-2014, 11:09 PM
I think your subconscious wants you to just come out to them and get it over with. I haven't had dreams like that though.

StephanieC
02-02-2014, 09:22 PM
Wow. Pretty specific. My dreams are all in allegory.

Do you have a counselor to help you with this?

-stephani

Heather25
02-02-2014, 09:27 PM
The timing of this thread is funny. I had my first one of those dreams a couple of nights ago. Very vivid and I remember a lot. I never remember much of my dreams so that must mean something. I wrote it down in my journal to talk with the therapist next time I go.

Michelle789
02-02-2014, 09:37 PM
Most of my dreams are very bizarre to begin with. Typically they're about aliens, UFOs, strange creatures, strange places, and conflicts with others. Sometimes these strange places are a new house or apartment I moved into, others they are bizarre buildings, dungeons, forests. 11 years ago I had a couple of dreams that I was a woman, but these coming out dreams are very recent phenomena. Most of my dreams I forget, but these coming out dreams really stand out.

I haven't started therapy yet, but I am hoping to sometime this month. I'm trying to get in touch with a local therapist, and I'm not sure how long the wait is until I can get an appointment, but I'm hoping to get one soon.

sandra-leigh
02-02-2014, 10:09 PM
I was laid off in mid 2012, and from time to time since then I have had dreams about going back. At the beginning, the dreams were of me going back and working for free for a few months to convince them that I do have value and should be rehired. Then there was a dream where I was sort of hanging around hoping to pick up some work, when a better position in another organization became available and I got picked because I could do it and I was available whereas (in the dream) the people still there were locked in to what they were doing. Since then, the dreams about going back have mostly involved me going back openly transgendered or TS, wearing a skirt, introducing myself or getting introduced as Sandra. I see this as a progression since the beginning, that now my dreams of going back are dreams of going on my own terms. The latest of the dreams I had even involved them briefly apologizing for having treated me poorly.

Rachelakld
02-02-2014, 11:15 PM
I have a couple of guardians
They also feed me ideas such as yours.
They always give good advice
I listen to their ideas.
If it was me having the dreams, I would act on them.
If you have a sense of deja vu while in the car with your brother - well what bigger sign from god do you require?

Alexis.j
02-04-2014, 05:53 PM
I don't dream often, but funny enough I did dream of coming out just last night...
It was some event, (I think sports) which im not really into, but there where a rather large group of people I know and work with sitting around me, and there was this friend (I guess she was my friend in the dream, but don't remember who she is) that was referring to me as 'she', over and over again, until everyone paid attention, and understood.
Everyone seemed either understanding or not bothered in the least.