PDA

View Full Version : I will be meeting a woman at a salon for a pedicure.

Rebecca W.
02-02-2014, 09:20 AM
I have chatted with a nice woman online for a while, and I suggested that a good way to meet would be at a salon for a pedicure. I will need to find a salon and set a date for the meeting. I felt that this would be a great way to break the ice in a new friendship. I want the first several meetings to be in a public place for safety reasons. You can never be too trusting before meeting in person a few times. (my opinion)

She understands that I do like to shop for womens clothes and that I like to dress like a woman on occasion too. It will take some time to see if we can really be just girlfriends, or if she really expects more. I did state from the initial conversation that I was only interested in a friendship right now.

I am excited, but cautious too.

Any suggestions before I proceed with this meeting? I can count on my fellow cross dressers to lead me in the right direction.:o

Thank you,

Melissa in SE Tn
02-02-2014, 09:25 AM
Get to enjoy your new friend & I pray that the relationship , in whatever form , brings you laughter & inner peace.

kimdl93
02-02-2014, 09:27 AM
Relax, be yourself and do your very best not to keep this first meeting as casual and friendly. Be confident and put no pressure on yourself.

heatherdress
02-02-2014, 09:37 AM
Rebecca - I appreciate your caution and hope this goes well. What are your intentions? If you simply want to meet a face to place on chat encounters, simple venues might be more appropriate (meeting for coffee or a snack).

The pedicure idea is unique and seems to be intended to demonstrate your feminine side or compliment your crossdressing or begin opportunities to engage in female-type activities with her. But will you have an opportunity to communicate? Seems that you might simply meet, have separate procedures done in a shop and leave? How do you get to introduce yourselves? You will have no privacy to talk to each other. It also seems to be an expensive first meeting for you if you are paying for both pedicures. If you do not hit it off, you have paid for more than a coffee.

I do think your idea is unique and thoughtful. I hope it works well for you. Good luck.

Rebecca W.
02-02-2014, 10:08 AM
Hi Heather,

My thought is to create a direct impression of who I am, and what i want to do in our friendship. I would like the initial meeting to be as public as possible and to be able to interact with the other customers too. I will only have the pedicures done if we can sit next to each other. She thinks that it is a great idea and I do plan on spending some time with her in the mall too. I would rather spend some money on her and find out what kind of friendship that she expects from this meeting. I can only begin a friendship and let it grow from there. If it heads in the wrong direction, at least I will still have my pedicure.

I will give your comments and the other comments a thorough reading, and use those comments to create the best possible meeting. That is why I posted it, to get a true insight to the possible issues with my plan.

I truly respect everyone on this forum, and I really take all of the advice seriously.

Thank you so much,

Rebecca

Beverley Sims
02-02-2014, 10:45 AM
Rebecca,
I think you have the right cautions flag flying.
If you go for a pedicure together there will be a third party involved, if you go for a cup of coffee then do not reveal too much of yourself until you have established a rappour with the person..

Rebecca W.
02-02-2014, 10:59 AM
Beverley,
Thank you for that nice reply. That is what I thought about having the pedicure, a third party to ease the tension but to create a conversation with some distraction (pedicure).

Rogina B
02-02-2014, 03:36 PM
Perhaps you can select each others color...easy way to see if you are on the same page! lol

AllieSF
02-02-2014, 04:18 PM
Congratulations on a very interesting way to meet a potential new and fun friend. I really like it. From my experiences at the nail salon, the customers sometimes get into conversations with other customers and totally forget about the technician working on their feet or hands. The techs are used to it, so that is not a problem. If it is your normal salon, that would be cool too. Yes, make sure you are placed next to each other. call ahead and request just that and what time is best for the salon to make it happen and for both of you.

Good luck, enjoy and please share your experience.

giuseppina
02-02-2014, 11:58 PM
I like the idea, but check the inspection record at the health department before booking. Nobody wants an infection or nail fungus.

Quite a few of these establishments have deficiencies on their record where I live.

Rebecca W.
02-05-2014, 04:44 AM
I called off the meeting. Too many red flags.

JustWendy
02-05-2014, 10:53 AM
Rebecca, was it cautions mentioned here or something your friend said? Will you continue to chat online until you feel more comfortable meeting in person?

Wendy

Tracii G
02-05-2014, 11:10 AM
Coffee or a meal of some sort and sit and talk about things to get a feel for the person.

Rebecca W.
02-08-2014, 05:02 PM
Hi Wendy and Tracii,
A narrow minded boyfriend. She changed what she said a few times about her boyfriend, first, he would not understand her being with a CD. Then, he knows that I like gay men. I never mentioned my preferences, just an assumption on her part. I tested her for honesty, and I feel that she failed. I told her that i did not want to go to the local mall with her, and have a confrontation with her boyfriend. She went off on me and I did not want to continue any further conversations.

I had one other nice conversation with a very honest woman. She wanted to meet, but she did not want to tell her boyfriend. I asked her to mention her conversations with a CD to him. She did, he made her uncomfortable in continuing our conversations. That ended quickly, but I wanted her to be upfront and not to sneak around. I prefer that we are open and honest from the begining.

It was interesting, but also educational. I was asked by a banned member to take her advise from her conversations and meetings that she has had, and know what to look for, I did. I wish that I could thank her, but I cannot respond to her because she was banned. Sometimes our emotions get the better of us and it hurts people. I really like her for speaking her mind.
Thank you, Lara. I hope that you read this.

Everyone on here is so wonderful and caring.

I love you all very much,

Annaliese2010
02-08-2014, 05:07 PM
Is she a GG or a TG woman? Either way that's a great way to go about meeting someone new especially when your first contact is online. Smart move. I wish you luck!

heatherdress
02-08-2014, 07:35 PM
Rebecca - Good for you. Those red flags are important to notice and respond to. If something does not seem right - it isn't.

It may also be difficult to find a woman who:

- is looking for a girlfriend
- instead accepts a male friend who likes to crossdress and is looking for a girlfriend to only be a friend
- has a boyfriend or spouse who will understand and support her friendship with a guy who crossdresses while with her as a girlfriend

You are, however, putting up what would appear to be red flags, yourself.

I do understand the relationship you seek and feel sorry it may be difficult to find friendship chatting on internet sites. Maybe if you joined a social group, a volunteer group, took a cooking or sewing class - and met someone who simply liked you for being you - maybe if you found someone who already had similar interests - maybe that would be a better place to start to find a friend. You might find a friend at church, in a gym workout class or helping at a homeless shelter - and you would immediately have much in common and an opportunity to introduce her to your crossdressing - as a friend.

Good luck. If I lived in Conn, I would like to be your friend.

Vanessa Rose
02-08-2014, 07:38 PM
Good Rebecca..

Whew...

Vanny