PDA

View Full Version : Showing up for Work - Dressed

CD Tammy
02-02-2014, 12:16 PM
A couple of weeks ago, a very sex women walked into our executive meeting. My first thought was that we had hired someone new and somehow I was out of the loop. Then, she sat down next to me and I realized that this new person was Dennis, one of our senior managers.

No one said anything. Everyone pretended not to notice. I didn't want to stare, so I drank in more with each passing glance. Her blouse was, to die for. White, demure, yet sexy. Her skirt was black, just above the knee, professional. But all I could think was that she needed pantyhose to go with that outfit.

Sadly, she had come in dressed, to resign that day. So, all the questions that I would have had trouble asking anyway didn't get asked.

Katey888
02-02-2014, 12:29 PM
Wow - life is full of missed opportunities...

Mind you - might have been a bit precipitous of you to have pounced on Dennis in that meeting... "Dennis! You're CD - me toooo.... ooops!" :fim:

Bold move on Dennis' part - was everyone's camera phone out as well? And where was yours....? :)

Katey x

Kristy 56
02-02-2014, 12:32 PM
Just goes to show you,we'd probably be surprised by who is one of us. Definitely a bold move asKatey has said.

Adriana Moretti
02-02-2014, 02:17 PM
way to go out with a bang!!!!!

Femdenise
02-02-2014, 02:30 PM
That would be the ultimate CO. It would take more courage than I have. I would have been mocked, humiliated, and banned if I had come to work dressed. Also, I would have lost all authority.

KayleeTaylor
02-02-2014, 02:34 PM
Adriana, I couldn't agree more!

Rogina B
02-02-2014, 03:13 PM
Please share with us a little more...What were people's reactions to her getting through with the company? Did anyone want her to stay and was there any further discussion?

MsDanii
02-02-2014, 03:31 PM
Don't be surprised if Denise comes back a few months later after her SRS.

LenGray
02-02-2014, 03:40 PM
How wonderful for Denise! It must have taken a lot of courage! It's too bad that she didn't come out before then, though, since then you two could have talked and maybe became friends :) I wish her luck in the future and will be sure to include her in my prayers ^_^

Beverley Sims
02-02-2014, 03:44 PM
It is unfortunate for Denise that she went like she did.
Were there no other options?

CD Tammy
02-02-2014, 04:54 PM
From what I understand she took a job in New York but as her new self. Reaction has been very strange at the company. Everyone in the room was pretty stunned. After she left the room, the Executive Vice President simply said, "Unless anyone else anything to add, we are adjourned." No one said anything so it wrapped up. Since last Monday was a holiday, then we had the snow storm hit Atlanta, we haven't met since then. I'm not sure anyone else knows in the company. I'm kind of eager to see what is said tomorrow but I don't want to be the one to bring it up.

I only wished I'd had the balls to reveal that I was wearing pantyhose under my suit.

NathalieX66
02-02-2014, 05:10 PM
Well, that's definitely the way to resign!....I sincerely hope it wasn't because of being transgender

I'm 24 miles west of the Hudson river, and I can see the Manhattan skyline from my area. I work as a creative person in a sporting goods manufacturing business that is full of alpha males with big egos. They think I'm like them. I don't know why that is since I have long hair, earrings, and no facial hair.

Sadly, I still think that showing up for work dressed as female is the kiss of death.

Ellie52
02-02-2014, 06:55 PM
Nathalie -Unfortunately thats life and will be for a long time to come. We are fringe dwellers and have to make the most of what we have. I think it took an amazing amount of courage for Denise to do what she did, but at least she was moving on and doesnt have to listen to all the banal chatter afterwards.
Tammy - Wearing your pantyhose under your suit. It just makes you think how many people out there do that? Whats the person sitting next to you wearing? Are there any clues? Look at the socks and finger nails....E

UNDERDRESSER
02-02-2014, 07:27 PM
It just makes you think how many people out there do that? Whats the person sitting next to you wearing? Are there any clues? Look at the socks and finger nails....EIt does indeed make you wonder. I have recently discovered that a co-worker is a crossdresser. I'm about 95% certain, from information that I've picked up that he is. I just need one confirmation.........

Of course the question then is, do I say something?

Sometimes Steffi
02-02-2014, 10:59 PM
A CD friend of mine, she get a call from her brother, to tell her that very soon he's going to be her sister.

JazmyneCD
02-02-2014, 11:47 PM
My neighbors used to rent a room to a guy that seemed like every other guy. He eventually had to move when the house was sold. Much to my surprise, he left some clear indications in the alley that he was a CD: an entire outfit nearly folded and ready for someone to take. It's difficult enough for us to find people who understand us yet here was one living next door to me for years and I had no clue. It was rather sad to find this out after he left as I'm sure we could have been exactly what the other needed. We are many yet mostly live in the shadows.

heatherdress
02-03-2014, 12:14 AM
An important point - Denise came in dressed only to announce her resignation. She was a senior manager and most likely realized how difficult it would have been to be open about her crossdressing. It is usually best to maintain our privacy at work. She is moving to NYC and maybe will be able to start off with a new persona in a new environment. It is terrific, however, that she was brave enough to depart the way she did. We need more success stories like this.

Stephanie47
02-03-2014, 01:57 AM
I think it would be difficult for a senior manager to just show up unannounced as a transgender. Business and working relationships have been established for years. It would be a total distraction. On the other hand if Dennis (Denise?) to a new job in a new city and was hired with the clear understanding that he was transgendered, then Dennis is starting off from day one as himself. I'm sure the new company's human resource department and his work group were apprised of his coming.

Vickie_CDTV
02-03-2014, 05:27 AM
I am not sure why she felt the need to do that, I guess as a way of telling them off I guess? If so, it is always a bad idea to burn bridges with former employers. If the new job doesn't work out, she cannot count on a badly neeeded positive reference from the old job. Heaven knows jobs are not becoming easier to find, especially at that level.

Kate Simmons
02-03-2014, 05:58 AM
I guess Dennis figured "What the hell" since it was his last hurrah at your company. I hope things go well in his new job en femme. I had fantasized over the years of doing something like that while I was still working but didn't want to jeopardize things for my family.:)

Rogina B
02-04-2014, 06:44 AM
An important point - Denise came in dressed only to announce her resignation. She was a senior manager and most likely realized how difficult it would have been to be open about her crossdressing. It is usually best to maintain our privacy at work. She is moving to NYC and maybe will be able to start off with a new persona in a new environment.
To me,you are mixing up cross dressing and social transition... And if her job performance was good,she really did not burn any bridges..as Vicky suggested.. She may have been at the point in an actual transition where it was time to come out at work,and decided to start with a fresh group...Nowhere do I get the impression that she was a crossdresser that was "thumbing her nose" at a company group....Unless management knew something they weren't revealing!

mikiSJ
02-04-2014, 07:13 AM
I know, 2nd/3rd hand, of three individuals who accomplished their coming out at work on the last day. One girl did it to spite her fellow co-workers, and the other two to finalize what they had be telling their other co-workers for awhile. One of the latter girls got a standing ovation at her going away party.

Question: why do we have parties when someone leaves a job, and not a party when someone new starts a job?

heatherdress
02-04-2014, 07:23 AM
To me,you are mixing up cross dressing and social transition... And if her job performance was good,she really did not burn any bridges..as Vicky suggested.. She may have been at the point in an actual transition where it was time to come out at work,and decided to start with a fresh group...Nowhere do I get the impression that she was a crossdresser that was "thumbing her nose" at a company group....Unless management knew something they weren't revealing!

It really doesn't matter - social transitioning (whatever that means) or gender transitioning or crossdressing. We really don't't know what her status is or the purpose of her actions or her future intentions. It is usually always best to keep any personal problems, beliefs, unusual behavior or difficult personal issues. We really only know that she was a senior manager, that she came to work fully dressed, that she was leaving, and that this was a surprise at least to some colleagues. Good for her and hope she will be happy and successful. But her disclosure was only made as she left. She might have had to leave. We just don't know. still need to be cautious in the workplace but should be encouraged by actions like her's.

Jordan
02-04-2014, 07:29 AM
WOW what a story I am so proud of here way to go out with a bang

StephanieDragg
02-04-2014, 10:21 AM
What a great story!, I would hope that you knew her well enough to have an email or phone number where you could wish her luck and stay in touch a bit?, knowing her name might led you to a facebook page perhaps

Jenny Elwood
02-05-2014, 12:33 AM
"Ring...Ring". The display shows it's the MD (he hardly ever phones me).

"I need some help with this tender proposal and I can't find R (my boss) can you come help me?"

"Uhum. I'll be there in 20 minutes sir".

"This needs to be done by four." (he sounds very unhappy at the prospect of waiting).

"I'll just pull my skirt and heels off and be there in 15 sir."

This happened the other day over lunch, all true except for the last line off course. Sometimes I catch myself wanting to just open my office door after lunch.

DorothyElizabeth
02-05-2014, 12:56 AM
I have an acquaintance, Wendy, who used to be Walter before she went through complete transition. She stayed at work at her original architectural firm throughout the process, and for a few years after. Unfortunately, I lost track of her after she changed firms., and I switched engineering firms several times. I always wanted to ask her how she went about presenting it to the principals at her firm.

Aprilrain
02-05-2014, 07:31 AM
I have met more TSes who are engineers than any other profession, why is that?

Jenny Elwood
02-05-2014, 08:25 AM
Hi April

Guilty as charged. Though I'm only cd.

CD Tammy
02-07-2014, 01:58 AM
We've had a ton of things going on this week but there have been a few conversations about Dennis resigning. Our HR Director, Executive Vice President and Controller have all know about Dennis/Mindy for at least a few years. I am pretty sure that they all knew she was coming in to resign dressed, as none of them have acted surprised. I almost always wear pantyhose, tights or stockings under my suit. There have been a few times that I've worked though the night or weekend that I've actually worked dressed. But I've made very sure the doors are locked and I know where the security cams can see.

Unfortunately, Dennis and I were never that tight. He ran one department and I run another department. Generally, we saw each other only at meetings.

Jenny, one time on an out of town business trip, I couldn't wait to get back to the hotel to slip into something "less" comfortable. I was in a dress, hose and heels when my cell phone rings. Could I meet them at the hotel lobby in a few minutes, we needed to have a working dinner. I changed faster than Superman in a phone booth.

Rogina B
02-07-2014, 05:44 AM

I was out to dinner with a group of T girls in Chicago a few years back..All 6 of us were in the engineering fields...

Aprilrain
02-07-2014, 07:43 AM
See! It's an epidemic!:eek::heehee:

natcrys
02-07-2014, 08:36 AM

+1 here! :)

PretzelGirl
02-07-2014, 09:33 AM
I am guessing that if the upper management didn't look surprised or angry, that they not only knew about her for a long time, they knew how she was going to present for that day. Even if they knew about her previously, showing up presenting female would elicit some type of reaction due to the surprise factor of it.

And yes, I am an Engineer. I'm doomed. :D

Danielle_cder
02-07-2014, 10:25 AM
way to go out with a bang!!!!!

Yea without a doubt!

+1 engineer here too

rachellegsep
02-07-2014, 12:02 PM
Oops + 1 and I always thought the most commom field was I.S.