PDA

View Full Version : An ideal master closet

Nikki 1984
02-02-2014, 09:47 PM
Mine would be a walk that's at least 10x10. The door being in the front center wall. Definitely need a closet organizer for all the clothes, pumps, jewelry, mirror, lingerie, stockings, etc. All my male stuff I want separated and put into a dresser.

Take it easy, Nikki

Vanessa Rose
02-02-2014, 09:52 PM
I just want a closet that I walk in and the clothes and shoes all fit. Lord would that be nice.

Vanny

Beverley Sims
02-02-2014, 10:13 PM
Mine is 15 X 20
It has lots of storage space and is called a bedroom. :)

nvlady
02-02-2014, 11:29 PM
My closet must be very large, I've spent my whole life in it.

heatherdress
02-02-2014, 11:45 PM
I do have a walk in closet strictly for my female dressing. I took time to plan it and installed clothing storage units from IKEA. I have a place for all my beloved shoes and boots. Some shelving and stands for a few wigs. I have bins for stockings. Jewelry storage trays. I have a full length mirror. And some favorite pictures. It is one of my favorite places to be.

tiffanynjcd24
02-02-2014, 11:45 PM
i need to have a closet of my own

Adriana Moretti
02-02-2014, 11:52 PM
dreamy closet.....just don't live in it

Anna H
02-03-2014, 12:02 AM
mine has a name. "the mall"

(unfortunately, i don't own mine....:( )

~♥~

Persephone
02-03-2014, 12:58 AM
Like Beverly, mine is a 12' x 12' (3.65 m x 3.65 m) bedroom.

Sadly, it is inadequate and so my stuff spills over into other closets and spaces.

Hugs,
Persephone.

sherri
02-04-2014, 08:22 AM
An old girlfriend (no longer with us) made an entire spare bedroom her gurl closet. I was so jealous.

Katey888
02-04-2014, 09:10 AM
I do have a walk in closet strictly for my female dressing. I took time to plan it and installed clothing storage units from IKEA. I have a place for all my beloved shoes and boots. Some shelving and stands for a few wigs. I have bins for stockings. Jewelry storage trays. I have a full length mirror. And some favorite pictures. It is one of my favorite places to be.

Heather - that is a serious piece of closet development - wow! Throw in a cocktail bar and I could make it a place of my own... :D Something to aspire to...

dreamy closet.....just don't live in it

Adriana - is that your roomy in the pic? What's she doing messing with your stuff? I could run with a PA like that to mess with my smalls... :heehee:

I could go with your ideal Nikki, but I think Heather has got there first... :cheer: That would get mine out of the garage... :eek:

Katey x

Jackie7
02-04-2014, 09:15 AM
We live in an old farmhouse that has no actual closets (back in the day they paid taxes according to how many closets were in the house, the idea was that a closet defined a bedroom). But there are five rooms upstairs, and we use two of them as our closet. there is a high rack for long dresses, left end is hers, right end is mine. There are five rolling racks for hanging clothes, two mine, two hers, one for bagged suits and winter coats. So while I have a girl rack and a guy rack, she has her smaller stash of guy clothes stashed at one end of the bar. There is a shoe wall, 2/3 hers and 1/3 mine, again hers to the left and mine to the right. There is a wall of plastic tubs for summer sandals, winter gloves, old purses. And there is my girl bureau, tall with eight wig stands on top.

This is pretty close to the ideal situation so far as I am concerned. We don't have a makeup/jewelry vanity, so that's on my used furniture shopping list. And the rolling racks - from bed/bath- make it easy to rearrange and easy to replicate in our next place (we rent). In our last place, five years ago, we had the same situation in the laundry room and an adjacent smallish bedroom. Happy camper!

Kristy 56
02-04-2014, 09:22 AM
Right now I'd take any closet. Sure would beat using the attic.

Lynn Marie
02-04-2014, 09:29 AM
It's kind of funny but I have my boy closet in my bedroom which has everything this boy wears with the exception of the coats in the hall closet. My girl clothes actually have to share my hobby room closet with my tool cabinet! This arrangement forces me to keep things down to a manageable level. Something new goes in, something old goes to Goodwill. I can be so damn boring at times.

Teresa Monsivais
02-04-2014, 09:51 AM
My closet is full at this moment that now my gf as limited me on on the number of shoes I can have. Right now I can only get three more unless I begin to throw some out. Easier said then done because I love them all.. But we do talk about one day having a huge closet full of high heel shoes.

Marcie
02-04-2014, 09:56 AM
It would really be nice to have a closet to hang all my gurlly things in, however as I am still in the closet myself, that is impossible

Christen
02-04-2014, 05:32 PM
It would definitely have to be bigger than the old ammo box I use at the moment.
I'm thinking a very large closet, very expensive, utterly organised. It would have to hold a lot of cashmere and knitwear, good hanging space for vintage 50's dresses, and an endless shoe rack.
Katy's right a bar would be good, maybe some attached rooms for lounging in, some with magical qualities perhaps (make me look like Miranda Kerr or Grace Kelly), a patio, no two, one looking over Rome, the other looking over the Cote d'Azure. And throw in a garage with a good convertible sports car.
Closet sorted!

Christen X

Jorja
02-04-2014, 05:36 PM
The problem with closets is there is never enough room. Mine started out 12'x12' and is now 30' x 30' 3 stories high and I still need more.