PDA

View Full Version : Eureka

Princess29
02-03-2014, 12:19 AM
I was driving home today thinking about all sorts of stuff. One thing that popped into my head was that how people freak about how the "security" people at the airport may think about what they have in their bag (I am the equivalent of the TSA in Brisbane). That they feel worried and insecure about what a complete stranger may think of them. I am referring to when there is female stuff in a guys bag specifically. As mentioned in a previous post, we truly don't care about that, we have enough to deal with being abused, insulted and sworn at.
Then I realised.......D'oh!, that is exactly what I do when presenting as Melissa.
Now, doing it locally has the obvious possibility of being discovered but when I am interstate or overseas, why am I worried about what total strangers may think.

Persephone
02-03-2014, 12:41 AM
Quite an "Ah ha!" moment!

We all seem to do that, seeing things from our own perspective and not seeing how what has meaning to others also has meaning to us. A bit of a human attribute I suspect.

So will you now be less concerned about what total strangers think?

Hugs,
Persephone.

Princess29
02-03-2014, 12:50 AM
I will certainly try, Persephone

Beverley Sims
02-04-2014, 04:41 AM
I agree traveling at home it is a small world and you may be known to colleagues in other states.
But overseas. anonymity is wonderful.