PDA

View Full Version : Traffic Camera Worries

AZashleemarie
02-03-2014, 01:24 AM
So, I am wondering if this has happened to anyone else. Last week I am pretty sure I was photoed on a traffic camera as I went through a yellow light. I am just worried as I was dressed and wonder if that picture is now public record? Is this just something the workers will get a laugh at and then will disapper? If I pay the ticket nothing goes on my record and nothing gets reported to Department of Transportation or the insurance company. I would rather just pay it and be like lesson learned and be more careful the next time. Just worried about this picture coming back to haunt me sometime.

Stephanie47
02-03-2014, 01:39 AM
These tickets are sent to the registered owner of the vehicle. If that's you there is no need to worry. The cameras are set to read the license plate and that's usually the rear plate. Also, a citation should not be issued for going through a yellow light. That's just a caution to start slowing down. Also, the definition of the photo of the occupants in the car should not be so clear as to identify them even if taken from the front. Just mail in the dough.

Adriana Moretti
02-03-2014, 01:39 AM
you worry to much...

jaye_cd
02-03-2014, 02:24 AM
My wife has been caught on camera several times here, and they have clear shots of the font and back plates and the driver from the front. The pictures along with the citations were mailed to me since I was the registered owner of the vehicle. I had to laugh at the expression on her face both times.

Eryn
02-03-2014, 02:37 AM
Those cameras take thousands of pictures every day (ka-ching!) and the chance of anyone looking up a particular image is small. You'd need the resources of a large federal government agency and if they get interested in you you are in bigger trouble than CDing!

Tracii G
02-03-2014, 03:06 AM
Nothing to worry about.

Ellie52
02-03-2014, 03:18 AM
Ashleemarie - I'm sure you knew the risks involved. What happens if you crash your car whilst dressed or get involved in road rage. Cameras are everywhere now from phone cameras to shop security to offices. They are everywhere. If you are really worried about getting photographed the only safe way is don't go out....Ellie

Amanda_Robinson
02-03-2014, 03:35 AM
Contrary to what we fear, the folks at the DMV most likely couldn't care less. You will be fine. :o
~Amanda

mikiSJ
02-03-2014, 04:15 AM
you worry to much...

Way too much! I would be more concerned about the surveillance chip the NSA put in your laptop.

Beverley Sims
02-04-2014, 04:35 AM
If you want to make a bigger impression, point out that some young lady must have borrowed your car and don't pay it.

The solution has already been aired by others here.

"Just pay it." :)

CarlaWestin
02-04-2014, 05:26 AM
There's nothing to worry about, unless you were bumper riding on rollerskates.

donnalee
02-04-2014, 05:43 AM
If you recetve a moving violation, do not just pay it and walk away.That WILL permanently raise your insurance rates; instead, ask to go to court, When there plead "no contest"; you will be offered traffic school; take it. It will cost tthe same, but will keep it off your record.

Rogina B
02-04-2014, 06:23 AM
They blow the picture up and post it for 30 days at the Post Office...Best you do whatever they ask of you...

Katey888
02-04-2014, 07:10 AM
There's some good advice here - unless your were mooning at the time, I think you'll be fine...

And if your photo did escape into the real world, you'd be able to sue whatever authority it was for handsome compensation...! :)

Don't worry - Be happy...

Katey x

meganmartin
02-04-2014, 07:13 AM
I don't think it is much to worry about....when you get down to it its about the money.
Pay the fine and move on.

Jordan
02-04-2014, 07:24 AM
I agree with most here you are wording to much

kimdl93
02-04-2014, 07:37 AM
If the light was yellow there won't be a ticket....if it was red they will send the notice to the registered owner...regardless of how they are dressed!

Patty F
02-04-2014, 08:39 AM
Too much worrying will give you wrinkles.

Teresa Monsivais
02-04-2014, 08:59 AM
I agree, there isn't much too worry. In some cases you can also review the footage and see what was recorded. I know when I given a ticket I reviewed it online and saw the video of me driving and passing the red light but I was never able to see the driver only the car and the area I was in.

windycissy
02-04-2014, 11:27 AM
Yes, this has become part of your Permanent Crossdressing Record. In addition to your driving skills, you will be critiqued on your makeup and hairstyle, were you driving a chick car?

BillieJoEllen
02-04-2014, 12:32 PM
Lots of not too serious advice here. I would just suggest that the next time you are out driving around and you know you are going into a traffic zone such as that just make sure your hair and makeup are impeccable.

Sarasometimes
02-04-2014, 01:36 PM
Depends where you were. In NJ only the plate is photograghed along with where the car was when the lite turned red. Also some people think the camares on the pight bracket are red light cameras, they are not. They sense when a car is at the light. Also there should be signage indicating red light camera and they are on the side of the road in NJ.

dana digs sweaters
02-04-2014, 03:25 PM
Way too much! I would be more concerned about the surveillance chip the NSA put in your laptop.

Ha Ha

I hope they like my pics.

Cheryl T
02-04-2014, 04:24 PM
Don't worry about the cameras. If you get a ticket it will be mailed to the registered owner of the vehicle and if that's you then you will just get the summons with some lady's picture driving. Pay the fine and maybe you can keep it as a memento.

Helen_Highwater
02-04-2014, 06:51 PM
The photo of the driver is taken in case there's a dispute as to who was driving. Unless the fine is contested, i.e. "Can't remember who was driving on that day/time, me or my wife" as a way to avoid paying, there's no reason for anyone to look at the drivers picture.

HeatherBrett
02-06-2014, 12:15 AM
If you want to make a bigger impression, point out that some young lady must have borrowed your car and don't pay it.

I wanted to say this - Beverly beat me to it!

heatherdress
02-06-2014, 12:45 AM
Maybe you will have a new Avatar to use.

Jenny Gurl
02-06-2014, 03:31 PM
The only concern I would have is if it changed to red, you were a closet CD, and the ticket with picture showed up in the mail before you got home. :eek: The wife might ask why some other woman was driving your car.

Annaliese2010
02-06-2014, 07:49 PM
Uh Oh! Now you've done it! That image may be flagged for further review by local law enforcement authorities once the discrepancy is discovered with the DMV, where their records indicate the driver/owner of that particular vehicle is registered as male not female. You should therefore pay the fine immediately or it might even get passed on to the NSA where it will be permanently archived and perhaps surface later at a most inopportune moment, possibly ruining your life.

JUST KIDDING! No I wouldn't worry about it silly. LOL. No disrespect but God everybody seems to be so paranoid nowadays. IMO nobody cares actually. Relax girlfriend.

Gabbagrl
02-06-2014, 08:22 PM
I'm pretty sure they only take pix of license plates. Cause I had one. But if you are waiting at the light and the person on the other side goes through they might have your face but I don't think they are paying attention.

~GG

darla_g
02-06-2014, 08:30 PM
Yes, this has become part of your Permanent Crossdressing Record. In addition to your driving skills, you will be critiqued on your makeup and hairstyle, were you driving a chick car?this was my favorite comment from the thread!

If you do get a ticket pay it right away. I would not pick this time to fight it in court.

Sometimes Steffi
02-06-2014, 09:53 PM
You'd need the resources of a large federal government agency and if they get interested in you you are in bigger trouble than CDing!

Or NSA, and their facial recognition program.

CD Tammy
02-07-2014, 02:09 AM
I got a ticket from one of those red light cameras once. The picture was front and back of the vehicle. You could see that it was me driving. I could also see that there was a front seat passenger and it was a female but I thought it was odd how clear the pic was of me but not the passenger. Maybe they are focused that way on purpose. I just imagine the divorces that could be caused by such a picture.

Danielle_cder
02-07-2014, 10:32 AM
well u can fight the ticket….say that isn't me look it was some woman… :D