PDA

View Full Version : First Time Out - Success!!

njcddresser
02-04-2014, 01:30 PM
I just returned from my first time out completely enfemme and am happy to report my excursion was a complete success.

I started my day by getting up, showering, shaving, applying a cleansing mask to my face. I spent an extra long time on my make up to get it looking great.

I had originally intended to wear a cute denim skirt and tights but with all the snow and being so cold out, I went to plan B and wore a pair of skinny jeans. I also wore my hip enhancer briefs to give my backside a little curve.

On top, I wore a peach color bra and over, a grey turtle neck. I accessorized with a cute matching scarf my wife and I had picked up at a craft show before Christmas.

I wore my brunette shoulder length wig.

For jewelry, I wore some bangles on one wrist and my Brighton charm bracelet on the other along with matching earrings.

My apologies for not including any pics. I did try to take some selfies but they came out awful. No amount of photoshop were going to improve them.

My outing was to a local mall. I had to return a belt that I had bought at Charming Charlies but beyond that I had nothing else in particular I was looking for.

I must admit, the hardest part of the entire trip was the 15 foot walk from the garage to the car. I was sure a neighbor would pop up at any moment.

When I got to the mall I parked, touched up my make up one last time and off I went. My palms were sweating and my heart was slamming as I made my way inside.

It was right after they opened and it wasn't very busy. I started out by just walking the length of the mall. No one gave me any notice whatsoever. At this point, I was careful not to make any eye contact and truthfully I wasn't given a second glance.

With my courage increasing I went into Charming Charlies to do my exchange. I spent quite a bit of time browsing before I made it back to where they had the belts and picked up a bangle and a pair of femme sun glasses.

The SA at the cash register was great and treated me as she would any other customer.

Next stop was at Starbucks for a Caramel Mach. Likewise, the SA barely gave me a glance. I sat in the seating area that was in the open space to enjoy my drink. Lots of people passed me by. No staring or anything like that.

Before I left a group of 4 ladies sat at the table next to me. I did make eye contact with one and gave / received a nice smile.

For the next hour, I just roamed the mall walking in and out of stores that struck my fancy. I could feel my confidence building with every step I took. I was happy and proud of myself.

I also picked up a couple of cute tank tops that were 2 for $10. The SA in this store was a guy and again no issues whatsoever.

When 'nature called', I used the family unisex bathroom. If they didn't have this I have no idea which restroom I would have used. I'd have probably just cut my trip short.

After leaving the mall, I stopped at a convenience store near my house to pick up some lunch. It was busy but again I never got a second look.

So in summary, it was a complete success. It's an amazing feeling to be out amongst the public feeling yourself as a true woman and being treated by one by others. I look forward to my next trip out.

My advice to those who haven't yet gone out. Give it a try. In the end it was much easier than I would have ever envisioned!!

Emogene
02-04-2014, 01:33 PM
Congratulations! Glad everything went well for you! Take joy in your new freedom!

JRZSHORE
02-04-2014, 01:34 PM
Congratulations!! So happy for you

Beverley Sims
02-04-2014, 01:40 PM
Like you I do say give it a try.
Stay safe.
You should prepare and present as well as you can and try and lose the butterflies.

Anna H
02-04-2014, 01:40 PM
Thank you for this update! I'm looking forward to my turn, so this
is very meaningful to read this! :happy: ♥

Rachael Leigh
02-04-2014, 01:48 PM
Sounds so wonderful Jackie, I know how you feel as my first one was not to long ago. The courage to do it is great and I myself would love to go again.
At this point I prob will not as between my wife and I, I agreed not to .
Im glad it all went smoothly for you, that anxiety part oh yes know how that feels. I wish I had had more interaction as you did when I went out.
Wish you the best for your next time
Hugs Leigh

Katey888
02-04-2014, 01:50 PM
Jackie - biggest congratulations!

You make it sound so easy - but I'm struck again by the simple fact that.. proper preparation and planning... etc.

And you had your prep down to a T - I'm so very pleased for you! :hugs:

Look forward to the next time....

Katey x

Alice_2014_B
02-04-2014, 02:01 PM
The mall for your first time out is a huge step, as I see it.
Think if I ever go to a mall like that will have to be with another CD.
Congratulations.

Persephone
02-04-2014, 02:10 PM
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Way to go, girl! Congratulations!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Megan b
02-04-2014, 02:31 PM
Sounds like you had a really good time. It will be hard to get dressed and stay home now.

Christy Diane
02-04-2014, 02:40 PM
Congrats Jackie! Wow girl that was a huge step. It's so nice to finally leave home and venture out into the world!

Jorja
02-04-2014, 02:47 PM
Congratulations Jackie!:w00t::yahoo::banana::clap2::slaphippo::thu mbup::cheer:

Today the mall, tomorrow downtown at lunch time hanging out talking with all the other people. ;)

Caden Lane
02-04-2014, 02:47 PM
Congratulations Jackie. It sounds like it was an awesome day. Color me envious...lol

kev.wong140
02-04-2014, 02:48 PM
Congrats! I think it gets easier if you already pass for a woman. It's harder if you still look a like a man (like me).

StephanieDragg
02-04-2014, 02:49 PM
Way to go sweetie!!! I bet you can't wait to get out again!

MsVal
02-04-2014, 02:58 PM
WOW! Jackie, not only did you go to a mall, you shopped several stores, spoke with SAs, bought things, had a coffee, and got lunch near home. There are very few that would make a first outing as big as yours. That's big, really BIG, and I am impressed.

Best wishes
MsVal

Kristy 56
02-04-2014, 03:02 PM
Congrats Jackie! I have to agree with Ms Val,that really was BIG for your first time. I certainly wasn't as adventuresome the first time out. You made it sound too easy. Enjoy your newfound freedom. :)

Roli F
02-04-2014, 03:13 PM
My first Outing was in Manchester, to attend Sparkle 9 in july last year, a truely marathon event as couldn't find parking near the venue and had to walk 3 miles in new heels, it took the best part of two weeks for the blisters to heal but a truely brilliant first trip out alone.
I met lots of wonderful people who are both trans and straight all enjoying the hot weather and convivial company.
I will be attending again, and have selected a wonderful outfit in purple, which matches the colour of our part of the flag

Adriana Moretti
02-04-2014, 03:40 PM
I LOVE reading positive threads....sounds like a good day!

slamddoger
02-04-2014, 04:17 PM
that good news that you had good outing.so when are going out agen?

Tracii G
02-04-2014, 04:21 PM
Glad everything went well.

Lillyasia
02-04-2014, 04:59 PM
Congratulations on a successful first outing. I like reading these kinds of success stories and thanks for sharing yours.

I bet you can't wait to go out again.

carhill2mn
02-04-2014, 05:17 PM
Congratulations on your successful outing!

I would make one suggestion for your future outings. Instead of avoiding eye contact completely, make just a quick, brief eye contact (especially with women) and add just a hint of a smile. You will be amazed at the results.

Christen
02-04-2014, 05:36 PM
Good for you! That I could be so brave.

Christen X

JazmyneCD
02-04-2014, 05:57 PM
Congrats! Isn't it lovely to be out and having a good time in confidence with your feminine side? I frequent a thrift shop en femme and the cashier always treats me with such kindness. I love being a girl and always look forward to the next time I can go out :)

S. Lisa Smith
02-04-2014, 06:07 PM
It's wonderful that you had a good time! Confidence is you best friend. If you have to go to the bathroom, just go to the ladies room if there is no uni-sex bathroom.

Sophie Yang
02-04-2014, 06:13 PM
Jackie,

Big Time Congratulations on your first time out. The more you do it, the easier it gets. Keep your eyes up. Much more interesting things to see than the ground. The hardest thing, maybe, is going out undetected. So much easier going back undetected. Best of luck on your next adventure out, which I suspect, will be soon and just as successful.

sarah-cd
02-04-2014, 06:23 PM
Congrats, sounds like you had fun.

Melissa in SE Tn
02-04-2014, 06:47 PM
Great experience & story. So glad that you had a wonderful first time. Peace, melissa

kimdl93
02-04-2014, 07:07 PM
Wonderful day out!

GretchenJ
02-04-2014, 10:25 PM
Jackie,

Congrats on a very successful first time out! You did a lot to be proud of, especially in interacting with SA one on one while dressed.

Looking forward to your next trip out
Gretch

ChristinaK
02-04-2014, 11:48 PM
Congratulations Jackie!

Thank you for sharing your extremely successful outing. It gives me confidence that I may someday be able to walk in public, holding my head proudly. But, being 6'1" with broad shoulders, I would have to do it without really expecting to pass.

njcddresser
02-04-2014, 11:53 PM
Thank you all for your wonderful comments. Just a few months ago I would have NEVER envisioned myself doing that.
Thank you to all of you! I learned so much from all of you that I put to use for my outing as well as gaining the confidence to actually do so.

It was an exhilarating day!!