PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

Ilsa
02-05-2014, 04:05 PM
Have you always considered yourself a compassionate somewhat vulnerable person whether dressed or not, or do you feel a greater sense of compassion and vulnerability when fully transformed, or do you feel no emotions at all and last but not least are you just a hard nosed individual who stays that way no matter how your dressed?

Rachelakld
02-05-2014, 04:24 PM
I'm born an Aries, my pillow cover says Aries have the compassion of a Rock, I like it, it fits with me.
Dressed, I have the compassion of foam underlay (won't prevent a fall, but cushions the landing)

Vanessa Rose
02-05-2014, 04:28 PM
I may not fit in with any of this... because I am figuring it all out... however, I feel I am the same person right now, same demeanor. In time, my hope is that this changes and I become the other more oft than not. Who knows..

Vanny

kendra_gurl
02-05-2014, 04:38 PM
I've always felt compassion for others and vulnerable around others. So may people in this world are out to take advantage of whom ever they can regardless of the consequences.

As a CD who goes out in public knowing I am being judged by those who may read me how could I not feel Vulnerable?

Patty F
02-05-2014, 04:46 PM
Compassionate and vulnerable tend to let other walk all over me.

Katey888
02-05-2014, 04:48 PM
Interesting question, Ilsa - not sure myself that there's really any firm link between compassion and vulnerability - I think the two can stand quite independently of one another.

It's hard for me to comment as both compassion and vulnerability really require interaction with others to be properly judged, and Katey has never had that, however much she wants to. But I do feel emotion when fully dressed. I've heard others describe it as peaceful, calmness, relaxing - which is all true, but there's also an extrovert part, a fun part of me that wants to let my hair down and just party... Is that the symptom of being incognito; being able to live out a fantasy and because it's not you, you can be however you want to be?

I don't think I'm a hard nosed individual - I do believe coming here and listening to others stories has led me to feel more compassion, and I am thinking now that it might be my own acceptance of Katey, and the more feminine aspects of my personality that are finally finding an outlet, linked to the dressing but definitely not changing when the skirts and heels go away. What is intriguing, is that more of Katey's photos show a vulnerability that must be completely subconscious.

I do regret not having explored this aspect of me earlier in life - but the thought's a little scary of where that might have led... perhaps just a younger, wilder Katey... (and that is a scary thought :)).

Great question Ilsa - only one of those tough ones a month, though, please...? :thinking:

Katey x

GretchenJ
02-05-2014, 05:02 PM
Excellent question --- I think that I have the same degree of compassion and vulnerability in either male or female role ... Its just seems to be more suited to my female side.
Gretchen

Beverley Sims
02-05-2014, 06:50 PM
I am equally compassionate in either mode.

Kristy 56
02-05-2014, 07:37 PM
Same here Bev ! I've always been compassionate,sensitive and full of empathy. Some would call it a weakness,but I don't.

devida
02-05-2014, 07:40 PM
I am certainly more compassionate since I stopped identifying myself as masculine. My wife agrees and says I am much softer and easier to be around, and, crucially for her, I don't have a fit when she critiques something I have done, which she has to do because we have a small business where I produce what we sell but she sells it and is the quality assurance person. I don't think dressing has a lot to do with it, apart from that dressing femme is a cue to ourselves that we're not masculine a**holes. I do think no longer identifying with stereotypical masculine traits has a great deal to do with being more compassionate. Vulnerable? I don't know. I'm dressed partially femme most of the time. I'm never completely femme because I don't identify as feminine either, but something in between masculine and feminine. It has been a huge relief for me to stop identifying in terms of gender stereotypes so I have no interest in trading in a masculine stereotype for a feminine one. But, as always, YMMV.

Caden Lane
02-05-2014, 07:44 PM
I've always been soft hearted, compassionate, wore my heart on my sleeve. These traits seem magnified when I identify as Caden.

Kate Simmons
02-05-2014, 08:07 PM
I am a focused, empathic, self directed person who is very determined to meet my goals.:)

Jilmac
02-05-2014, 08:41 PM
I was raised in a family consisting of five sisters and one brother so I pretty much learned compassion form a very young age. As for vulnerability, I think I have displayed it more inadvertently than intentionally.

Bria
02-05-2014, 10:16 PM
Compaionate, yes in either mode. I think that a lot of the people on this forum are compassionate, just read the posts in almost any thread. As for vulnerability, I try not to be, I mind at least. Physically I think that a skirt and heels makes one a bit more vulnerable than when in boy mode.

Hugs, ria

Monique53
02-06-2014, 12:02 AM
I always try to be compassionate to those that need it. There is a fine line between being compassionate and being a sucker. There are so many people that view compassion as a weakness and try to take advantage. Compassion has to be coupled with good judgement!!

Monique

LenGray
02-06-2014, 12:11 AM
I'm pretty much the same individual, dressed or not. I have noticed that I tend to talk and laugh louder when dressed as a man though. I also feel more confident and outspoken around other people :)

Kathy Kay
02-06-2014, 01:11 PM
As Kathy Kay I'm probably a wee bit more compassionate and understanding.

MsVal
02-06-2014, 01:50 PM
I can be an unsympathetic, demanding person, but that is a facade I wear when I manage a project. Normally, I'm a pretty easy going person.
I am actively trying to become more thoughtful and understanding of other's feelings; traits that I admire that are more common to women than men.

Best wishes
MsVal

Jordan
02-06-2014, 04:09 PM
I personally feel so much better dressed I really feel at home

Janine cd
02-06-2014, 05:18 PM
I've always been compassionate and vulnerable. Being dressed only adds to my vulnerability.

lovetobedani
02-06-2014, 05:59 PM
My inner feeling are the same whether dressed femme or not.

Billiejosehine
02-06-2014, 06:31 PM
By nature I'm a very sensitive and feminine by nature. And the things I wear don't change who I am as a person. The clothes, nail polish, scented products, and accessories are just an extension of myself. I can express who i am, my feelings, and emotions at that moment.

Annaliese2010
02-06-2014, 06:40 PM
Always been empathetic sympathetic compassionate and self-giving. Born this way.

Helen Grandeis
02-06-2014, 07:05 PM
I mostly feel compassionate and helpful all the time. Being dressed gives me a surreal sense of inner peace and a tingly energy. I feel alive all over. When I am dressed, I am more measured and careful about every thing I do and say. So perhaps I am more vulnerable.

MssHyde
02-06-2014, 08:26 PM
I guess, I'm the same dressed or not, with the exception I try to emulate a woman when dressed, it really don't come easy for me. the tastes yea, but not the way women do things.

a woman way of life is a learned response for me.

paulaprimo
02-06-2014, 08:49 PM
i am a compassionate person all of the time but do notice that my other emotional levels seem to rise when dressed. :)