PDA

View Full Version : Accidentally used my girl name!

Anna H
02-07-2014, 11:19 AM
It was bound to happen sooner or later I suppose.

I replied to a work related email that had a list of questions about
some of the work I do....and I signed it "Kate"

Luckily (whew!) I didn't add the little heart ♥ I usually do!

Such a little thing scared the heck outta me, but nothing was
said. I guess it went unnoticed....

LOL ♥♥♥♥♥♥!

Chari
02-07-2014, 11:24 AM
No big thing! If you get a reply addressed to "Kate" you could answer it by saying you mistyped your name as Kurt or Kent, unless you are hoping to come out as Kate.

Katey888
02-07-2014, 11:38 AM
It's when you add the little heart AND your avatar pic that you know your subconscious is telling you something... :eek:

I made sure my initial letter was the same.... cunning plan... :D

Katey x

DonnaT
02-07-2014, 11:44 AM
Frightening indeed.

I've set my email to sign for me.

AndreaCD1963
02-07-2014, 11:45 AM
I've made that mistake more than once. I can just blame it on a "typo" though, as my male first name and femme name are only one letter different and those letters are pretty close on the keyboard :) It's probably no biggie, if Kate is close enough to your male name too.

mikiSJ
02-07-2014, 11:55 AM
Michael sometimes becomes Mikey often becomes Miki

Tracii G
02-07-2014, 12:07 PM
My femme name get used if I'm waiting for a table at a restaurant or ordering a pizza.

Chickhe
02-07-2014, 12:23 PM
Darn auto complete spellcheckers... ...or go with, I always pick a random name to use on stuff like that so I tell if it is truly anonymous or not...

Anna H
02-07-2014, 01:18 PM
It's when you add the little heart AND your avatar pic that you know your subconscious is telling you something...

If it had been available, I'd have done it without thinking....am i in the fog?
:P

Well, I am my own secretary, so I could use that when/if/when it happens
the next time. (good excuse to dress appropriately!) :happy:

I was panicking looking for any "undo" that I could find. Which just wasn't
there.

oh well! :happy: ♥

AllieSF
02-07-2014, 01:22 PM
Michael sometimes becomes Mikey often becomes Miki

Life happens and we some how survive to error another day! My excuse is that it was a "senior moment".

Albert becomes Al becomes Allie.

Beverley Sims
02-07-2014, 01:24 PM
It can happen especially when you are used to using your girl name a lot.
I have sometimes used incorrect passwords when logging on under the same circumstances.

nvlady
02-07-2014, 01:32 PM
I met a girl the other day named Kate, and she was so dammed pretty I just couldn't quit thinking about her.
You have my permission to use that as an excuse.

Rachelakld
02-07-2014, 02:35 PM
My email has 3 accounts,
I sent my boss a work related email from Rachels account.
Boss asked who Rachel was
I blamed the kids for using my machine without my knowledge
He knows I have a house full of kids and bought into the story

Alexis.j
02-07-2014, 02:56 PM
I also have a few different email adresses I use often, the default is my company adress, but for some reason when replying to an email, it always uses/used my female adress... since then I have switched to win7 and not had that issue again... but I am more aware these days on using the correct account.

PretzelGirl
02-07-2014, 06:12 PM
I have only had one glitch so far. I was setting up my MacBook and emailed my brother a question. Somehow I had the configuration screwed up enough that it used my male name in the header but went out Sue's STMP setup. So the header was Dude Name <sue_leighton@email.com>. He replied from his iPhone, which doesn't display header data by default, and he hasn't said a thing. So he either doesn't know or is waiting for me to volunteer to explain it.

But I am like Donna at work. My signature file is setup for new emails and replies so there won't be any oops moments.

reb.femme
02-07-2014, 06:30 PM
I have 4 accounts on my home Outlook 2010, and had a cold shiver when sending an Excel VBA form I'd created for a guy at work. My default email is an account for reb.femme and has my witch avatar, website, email and twitter accounts listed.

Luckily, I'd sent it using my restricted use account (only seriously approved contacts get this one) but I seriously thought I'd blown my cover for a brief moment.

Still, if you're coming out, what better way? :eek:

Rebecca

Marcelle
02-07-2014, 06:37 PM
Have not used my name accidently but did almost have an epic e-mail fail at work. When I sign off my e-mail to others I normally write "Regards" followed by my signature block. However on this forum I usually end with "Hugs". See where I am going with this :)

So the other day I was writing an e-mail to my Commanding Officer and ended it with "Hugs" :eek: Luckily I did not send it as I got busy with something else and put it to draft. If I had sent it . . . hmmm :heehee:

Regards . . . oops I mean Hugs

Isha

Vanessa Rose
02-07-2014, 06:50 PM
Ha....LOL

I just sent an email yesterday to a business partner by accident. Like Kate, I tried to delete or recall but then said "fk it"

oh well... nothing said, nothing lost... and yes, it was a tad bit of a jolt at the time...

Vanny

Rachel292
02-07-2014, 06:52 PM
I had a similar panic a few days ago. I have 5 accounts and the auto signature is usually for an organisation I volenteer for (I also represent that organisation at Regional and National level). I sent a message without checking because I was in a hurry. Then driving up the road thought which account did I send it from. It wasnt till about 5 hours later that I could log-on to check. Luckily it went from my 'normal' personal account, Male Name and no details, rather than the 'work' account.

Rach

Christina Kay
02-07-2014, 07:19 PM
My wife slipped up at a party and called me Sparkles.:eek:....quite the looks from everyone there. Oops (Aretha is when I'm acting like a a Diva , Sparkles for every day use, according to my SO):battingeyelashes:

BethCD
02-07-2014, 07:27 PM
Haven't done that in email, but I was at a CD weekend event, and a group of us were together introducing ourselves. One girl asked my name, and I replied with my boy name. I didn't even notice. Then she said "fine, but what is your gurl name". What a wakeup!

Beth

Anna H
02-07-2014, 09:11 PM
I'm so close to just going and getting my long hair
styled and getting a Big Pink name tag that says "Kate!"
and saying to heck with what everyone thinks.

(I've run that by my wife, but she's not going for it...)

That could very well be one of those cases where one should
be careful of what they ask for, though....

LOL ♥

BLUE ORCHID
02-07-2014, 09:24 PM
Hi Kate, I always send the E-mail to my self first and look it over.

Christie ann
02-07-2014, 10:21 PM
Is that like ending an email to your boss with "love you"

Dawn Gurl
02-08-2014, 07:39 AM
I've done that several times, on all but one I did catch myself !! Fortunately for me it was to a supplier who knows about Dawn....she called me after she got it and was laughing so hard I couldn't understand her....all she asked was where's your head at girl..damn!!

Tiffanie
02-08-2014, 10:42 AM
I've almost forwarded news articles and such to my wife and coworkers with my fem yahoo email forgetting who I was logged in as. Would be devastating since I work in a very male dominated industry.

heellover
02-08-2014, 11:13 AM
I have had the wrong email address attached to an email too. I was logged into both my femme and my male accounts and was sending an email to friend from my male account and somehow Natasha's email showed up on the recipients end!
I got the Tim Taylor "Uuuuughh! Who the hell is Natasha?!" response email. I just passed it off as I don't know and blamed it on yahoo!