PDA

View Full Version : I slipped up!

Aly Cat
02-07-2014, 02:42 PM
So today is my dads birthday and I got him a card a few days ago. I went to fill it out and realized that the card said "To a wonderful Dad from your DAUGHTER"!!! I didnt even realize that it was a daughter card!! That would have been soooooo bad since my parents arent accepting of my decisions. That would have ruined his bday! Looks like its time for another trip to the store!

Katey888
02-07-2014, 02:49 PM
Well done for catching it in time Eva - it's scary what subliminal things slip through sometimes... :eek:

It makes you wonder if there's a market for generic cards at all...? Doesn't seem very affectionate though: "Happy Birthday Parent from Your Loving Offspring..."

Nope - perhaps not...

Katey x

NikiMichelle
02-07-2014, 02:49 PM
You just defined a Freudian Slip!

Alexis.j
02-07-2014, 02:50 PM
Oops. O well, you cant help what you feel inside. I have similar issues ith unacceping parents.

Beverley Sims
02-07-2014, 02:55 PM
Don't let your mind wander when buying relatives and friends greeting cards. :)

Aly Cat
02-07-2014, 03:15 PM
Ok, I just got back from the store and got the RIGHT card lol. I would never want to ruin a special day like a birthday for anyone much less my parents. Im just so glad I caught it before giving it to him! I think that would have permanently damaged our relationship if that had made it through. I certainly need to pay attention lol. I know my mind is in a certain state right now and its gotten so comfortable there that I dont even realize when its just simply not appropriate. Freudian slip for sure!! Hopefully that wont happen again!

Nicole Erin
02-07-2014, 03:24 PM
You just defined a Freudian Slip!
Am I the only one who thinks "Freudian Slip" sounds like something that rich women in the 1700's might have worn?

Like this -
"Ralph, what a party it was! Every was having such a gay time!"
"Yes Henry, and did you see when Margaret bent over too far and her Freudian slip was showing?"
"Ralph, what an eye-full it was, but let us keep that between ourselves!"

Aly Cat
02-07-2014, 03:31 PM
hahahahahaha!!! TOTALLY!

Jess West
02-07-2014, 04:24 PM
That is pretty funny! good catch!

Adriana Moretti
02-07-2014, 04:33 PM
when I opened this thread I expected the worst...like you got caught in your sisters panties kinda thing...but that is funny...

Maria 60
02-07-2014, 05:59 PM
Subconsciously you thought you bought the right card. That's pretty funny.

Aly Cat
02-07-2014, 06:04 PM
when I opened this thread I expected the worst...like you got caught in your sisters panties kinda thing...but that is funny...

Lol believe it or not, my sisters are supportive! In fact, tomorrow one of my sisters is giving me a whole bag of bras that she doesnt wear anymore. (Clean of course!) My other sister told me when I first came out to her that if she had known when we were kids, she would have loaded me up with all my own stuff and covered for me so my parents wouldnt know. I have awesome sisters!

Annaliese
02-07-2014, 06:06 PM
Good save, it is a shame that you could not give it to him, some day you may be able to.

juliana
02-23-2014, 10:30 AM
Pretty funny!

Rachel M
02-23-2014, 11:07 AM
Double check you didn't sign the card..." Love, Eva Lynn"

Barbie Anne
02-23-2014, 11:10 AM
Glad you caught that in time hon. Good that your sisters are so supportive too.

Glenda58
02-23-2014, 10:44 PM
Did the same thing with my sister. She call me and asked about the card I sent her about sisters being friends and wanted to know if there was something to tell her. Told not yet.