PDA

View Full Version : The Miss-Adventures of a Part-Time Gal

TxCassie
02-07-2014, 03:40 PM
Here is how yesterday went for me:

Preference: Since Jan. 19, I've been the main care-giver for my mom, who's 90 and took a fall on Jan 19. By the Grace of God, she did not break any bones but enter a new stage of her life where she can still be in her home, but with modifications to the house and part0time assistance provided. Yet, while she is making an amazing recovery and progress, for the immediate, she needs 24/7 assistance.

So onto my miss-adventure

Mom and I hired a Home Care Provider for the day so I could attend a session with my therapist. Now, I am not out as Cassie to mom, so I made the reason that I agreed to attend a meeting at work which I am currently on FMLA. We agreed that the HCP would arrive by 10am so I could drive to my apt, shower, shave, dress for my session. I also planned to attend my local TG Support group meeting as I really wanted some Cassie time and I had put together a new outfit. It would be one my rare times I'd be in full 'en femme" complete with makeup.

So, 10am comes and goes, then mom lets me know that the HCP said she might be "a little" late because she had to take her son to the doctors. Ok, no problem, but I really need to get going by 11:30am. Well, 11:30am came and went and no HCP. Mom calls the HCP, got the HCP's mom who says, that she was told we didn't need the service and let her daughter know this fact. WHAT!....Fumming :eek:

So, I called my therapist and cancelled agreeing to pay any late notice fee, and hoped to re-schedule another session. So, I resigned to spend the afternoon with mom but leave around 4pm. That would give me enough time to shower, shave, apply make-up underdress with forms and even decided to wear my new ankle shoes under my male jeans. It still becomes dark early enough where I figure, no one would see my make-up, forms, or shoes.

Not so fast honey, at 4pm, my mom's Occupational Therapist shows up for a 45 minute appointment, great but she was supposed to had arrived at 2:30pm. So, I don't get to leave for my apartment till 5:15pm. The support meeting was to begin at 6:30pm, ok, I'm going to be a little late, what gal isn't... Ok,

Mind you, I hadn't shaved in over two weeks, but I did allow my nails to grow for the duration giving the excuse that I meant to cut them but with my screwed up schedule in the past weeks, I just hadn't got to it.

I get home, shower, apply body cream to help the male scent be soften a bit. I shaved, apply nail polish, make-up in record time but still didn't leave the apartment till 6:45pm. In my rush, although I didn't realize it, I forgot my cell phone.

I dress at the meeting site, and walked in late, but attended what was left of the meeting and social hour. It was an interesting meeting, new officer elected, and there was some drama that I was not a part of, but surprising never the less. I had a good experience, meet a new FTM member or prospective member. It was time to re-dress and leave. Well, I was feeling so good, I decided to leave my forms and wig on. I walked out to the truck feeling great, a happy hip sway to my step, chest out...:heehee: :battingeyelashes:

I get into my truck, pull the emergency release lever, and "break"! The cord broke and my emergency break was left in the "on" position, and then, I realize, "I FORGOT MY CELL PHONE". :sad: :eek: :sad: :eek:

I rush back into the meeting room, ask an acquaintance to borrow her cell phone, call my insurance road side assistance number, give them all the information, but also tell them I will be without a phone so the tow truck could not call to confirm the call for assistance. They said, no problem.

So I wait, and wait, and wait. The temperature is dropping with every minute. I'm sitting there realizing, I have makeup, wig, forms, purse, heels, nail polish on, and I was not scared to face the tow truck guy in that mode. But as I began to realize that I might have to walk home, I slowly began to take off the wig off, pull off/out my forms, but left my shoes and make up (did wipe off my lipstick), but I waited, and waited, and waited some more but no tow truck.

Well, after an hour and half, around 10:40 pm and at 35 degrees, I decided t hoof it back to my apartment which was about 3-4 miles. I took a deep breath and started my trek. About half a mile, I realize there was a row of bars (very straight, punk, college hangouts) coming up the walk. One of them is owned by a former high-school mate of mine, so if there was any friendly one, it was going to be that bar. I was freezing, so I just walked in, stood at the end of the bar for a bout a minute that seemed like an hour, and asked the barkeep for change to use the phone. He either didn't care or didn't notice my makeup and said, oh, here, use the house phone for the cab and offered me a wireless phone. It was then, when I reached out to take the phone is when my cover was blown as my "Silvermoon" nail polish was unavoidable noticeable. The two men to the right of me, the barkeep, and myself all looked at them, then to each other. I shrugged my shoulders and took the phone.

I made my call, gave the phone back without incident, comment, or facial expression from the barkeep. I guess a barkeep sees a lot of things, the least among them being a middle age, short, stocky, male with makeup, and nail polish. The cab arrived within ten very cold minutes, drove me home, gave raised of surprise when he saw my polished nails as I gave him my debit card to pay for the ride, but no comment. He was Indian, recently arrived, so from what I hear, transgender people are part of the culture to a degree. I was in my apartment by 11pm.

When I began to undress for the night, I stood in my full length mirror, tired, cold, knowing things could have gone very south, knowing all this...

I smiled... :battingeyelashes: :)

This morning, I took a cab back to the truck, the tow truck showed up this time, the driver, was able to release my emergency brake and I was back on my way.

Oh, the situations a gal can get herself into...

I'm sorry for being so long winded (I know I say this with every post), but believe me, this is the cliff note version of the evening.

I am very grateful, the evening ended peacefully, and my truck is back outside the apartment.

Cassie :love:

Katey888
02-07-2014, 04:35 PM
Cassie - that's a great read :cheer: and I'm glad it ended OK for you.

I think you've also demonstrated how unconcerned most folk are with even random elements of femininity popping up in unexpected places!

Where would us girls be without our cell phones... :D And I sincerely hope your mother is doing well... :hugs:

Katey x

Beverley Sims
02-07-2014, 04:51 PM
Cassie,
These situations help raise our confidence and the handling of crises more easily when dressed.
Still a funny story with a good outcome. :)

lingerieLiz
02-07-2014, 09:54 PM
Glad it went well for you. I'm convinced that we all have those moments.

Worst story I heard about was about some city's city council member who was arrested for DWI one night while out dressed. Paper reported the story of his DWI and picture but didn't mention how he was dressed. I was amazed that it wasn't a continuing story. I think he was re-elected.