PDA

View Full Version : Clothing issue

wo-MAN
01-07-2006, 01:35 PM
Why do people accept women in pants, but not men in dresses or skirts?+?

DanaJ
01-07-2006, 01:44 PM
This has been discussed many times here, but let me say this: woman wear pants for comfort and ease of wearing, not to emulate men or a desire to be a male. It may be true that a few men would say that would wear skirts (or kilts) for comfort, but that has to be a very small percentage.

Just my $.02...

Melinda G
01-07-2006, 02:31 PM
There is a double standard here, and always will be. I am always annoyed at women who wear clunky macho looking mens shoes, pants, and jackets with shoulder pads. They are crossdressing, but it's OK for them. Women get out on the dance floor, and dance together, and no one thinks anything of it. Ever see two guys dancing together? You know what would be said.
Women think nothing of saying,"I'm going to the ladies room. You coming"?
Ever hear a guy say,"I'm going to the mens room. You coming"?:cheeky:

Nikki Dee
01-07-2006, 02:48 PM
Dana has it right...it's a gender issue.!..women who wear pants etc are not trying to portray the opposite sex as we are....it's not crossdressing as we know it...Jim.!!
Love Nikki. x

Tina Dixon
01-07-2006, 05:04 PM
Has any any one bought a kilt and just wore it instesd of pants? I have thought about it being a big skirt fan, love pleats.

Aileen
01-07-2006, 05:11 PM
It's definitely crossdressing when you wear a bra and stuff it with something.

There is a double standard; sometimes it's right and sometimes it's wrong. We can't go around pretending that men and women are exactly the same in every situation.