PDA

View Full Version : The current progress of Bobbi

BOBBI G.
02-08-2014, 05:00 AM
I can't remember how long since I last posted progress, but here goes. I had baseline blood work and am now on prescribed hormones and blockers, I've had a second series of tests and waiting on my appointment for evaluation. Have had bone density tests and found out I have osteoporosis. Am now taking meds to help keep that in check.

My body is showing signs of correcting itself, and I am finding out that puberty is a touch painful. I am finding out so much about how my early life correlates with me now, it sometimes blows my mind. Sort of a "POOF" moment. With my therapists help, I have sort of overcome my total fear of wearing a skirt or dress in public. For me this is monumental. I'm still reluctant, but I have accomplished it.

I've been female most of my life, and now I am a girl headed toward womanhood. Life is pretty good.

Bobbi

I have started voice/speech therapy

Peggie Lee
02-08-2014, 03:55 PM
Hi Bobbie
The "poof" moment was my big turning point too. I no longer feared being seen, even by theses who knew me. At first a little nervous but the more I was out the more natural it became. Believe in yourself and the world is yours.

Peggie Lee

Jorja
02-08-2014, 11:19 PM
So glad to hear you are moving forward Bobbie. Continue to do your homework and make the best decisions you can for yourself. Understand, it might get a little scary at times, it might become more than you think you can handle. Know there are several of us here that have gone through it and are willing to share with you. Just PM one of us. If you really want it, you can do it. Believe in yourself.

BOBBI G.
02-09-2014, 05:11 AM
Thank you for your responses. They are very much appreciated.

Last night I attended my church for my weekly inspiration. They had a dinner after, and Compass, a safe haven and community center for the LGBT folks in my area was giving an update on the activities they're involved in. I am a member of it, and during conversations with the youth organizer, I was asked if I would tell of my life, briefly, and then be open for Q&A. What an honor and what a responsibility. Humbly, I accepted. I'm not a public speaker, just like to talk a lot. Once I get over the "podium tremors" I sure I will be OK. Just hope I can help them, even a little. Don't know when this will be, so can't really prepare for it.

Little old me, representing our little corner of this world. Who'd a thunk?

Bobbi

P.S. I just proofed this, and it doesn't flow to well, but, to me, I understand it. Gonna have to do.

Laura912
02-13-2014, 08:31 AM
Bobbi, estrogen containing products will significantly help your osteoporosis relative to those specifically for osteo. One of the side effects of the osteo products, however, is increased nail strength after a period of time.