PDA

View Full Version : Do you prefer compliments as a man or woman?

Claire_tv_uk
02-09-2014, 07:37 AM
Would you rather someone say you were a pretty lady, or a god looking guy?

even as a part time dresser, i'd probably say the former as i think its a compliment on your make up skills and dress sense, and you have a lot more potential to change your appearance.

Kelly DeWinter
02-09-2014, 07:51 AM
Either, Compliments really help a persons self esteme.

Kelly

P.S. If anyone wants to call me a god, I could get used to it, just remember I only ask for a 7% tithe. LOL

sonialexis
02-09-2014, 08:00 AM
I guess the girl in me is happier when someone says something nice. as a guy too but yes definitely more as a woman.

Kate Simmons
02-09-2014, 08:11 AM
As a girl, I enjoy being complimented by a cute guy. As a guy, I enjoy being complimented by a cute girl. Of course I always return said compliments in either mode.:battingeyelashes::)

JazT95
02-09-2014, 08:44 AM
I agree with you Claire. When a guy compliments me dressed as a girl, I find it more satisfying because I actually had to put in time and effort to get like that and it sorta acts like way to know you've done a good job :)

Sandra
02-09-2014, 08:48 AM
Would you rather someone say you were a pretty lady, or a god looking guy?

Sorry I couldn't resist......but most men think they are god :p

MissTee
02-09-2014, 08:55 AM
Either. To be noticed and complimented is always grand.

PaulaQ
02-09-2014, 09:09 AM
When I was a man I hated compliments because I knew they were I lie - I knew I looked horrible!

As a woman now, I love them!

CynthiaD
02-09-2014, 10:25 AM
At my age I'll take whatever I can get.

Katey888
02-09-2014, 10:37 AM
Sorry I couldn't resist......but most men think they are god :p

Then it follows most of us here should also be thinking we're goddesses...? Whereas in reality, only a few of us can be... :p

I'm with Cynthia - I'll take 'em anyway they come at me - but on the basis that much more effort goes into making Katey what she becomes, I'd rather be the pretty lady any day...

Katey x

Beverley Sims
02-09-2014, 10:49 AM
If they compliment me as a man, they are probably lying and these days as a woman..... Confused.. :)

MsVal
02-09-2014, 11:04 AM
I suppose that the people on this forum put a great deal more effort into a great feminine presentation than they put into a great masculine presentation. The good looking female compliment also acknowledges the sometimes extraordinary effort to make that presentation. That kind of positive feedback can be very rewarding in its own right.

Full disclosure: I don't know what I am talking about, I seldom do. I have never been out in feminine clothes, let alone received a compliment. Should that ever happen, I would likely be insufferably giddy for the rest of the week.

I will make the effort to make a good masculine presentation for a very special occasion (wedding or other formal event). When I do, I may get a compliment, but it means nothing to me. It won't inspire me to dress up like that again, and would likely be forgotten in five minutes.

Best wishes
MsVal

bridget thronton
02-09-2014, 12:34 PM
Any compliment is appreciated

5150 Girl
02-09-2014, 02:58 PM
"Ugly" kinda disappears into the woodwork, and could almost be mistaken for a homeless person. But, I hate him anyway, and I want hm dead! so I guess it dosn't matter what compliments he don't get.
Wynonna gets them all the time, and she's where I'm happiest so, is does that answer it?

carhill2mn
02-09-2014, 02:58 PM
It is so rare that I have received compliments as guy that I can't remember when it last happened. I do receive compliments when presenting as a woman and I treasure them!

Dana L
02-09-2014, 04:02 PM
I prefer compliments as a woman. Not being out in pubic though limits this to my wife, Halloween and once unexpectedly by someone coming out of the dressing room to show my wife a outfit (she said no one was around). Like many have said, it's a compliment on the whole presentation not just your physical attributes.

Miriam-J
02-09-2014, 04:42 PM
The only ones who know about Miriam, other than the support group and my wife, are our closest friends. The wife of this pair insists that I'm a good looking lady, and better looking as a lady than as a guy. I never know quite how to take this, and give her a bit of a hard time about what it says for her regard for me as a guy. But it feels good anyway, and she's taken some pictures of me as a gal that actually make the case pretty well.

Miriam

DorothyElizabeth
02-09-2014, 04:50 PM
I prefer compliments on my musicianship. Looks, as anyone can tell you, are only skin-deep. I was once told, though, that, "You make a handsome woman." I'm not quite sure what that meant, but I chose to believe it was intended nicely, and simply replied, "Thank you."

ArleneRaquel
02-09-2014, 11:03 PM
As a woman of course. They rarely happens !

Vanessa Rose
02-09-2014, 11:06 PM
Hmmmm

don't think it matters because i don't rely on others to validate me... nice yes, critical no... fun...could care less

on another note if they fall down in hysterics... that may be considered a slight set back mentally (wink). but I am prepared... that is what I have scotch for...

Vanny

Isabella77
02-10-2014, 12:33 AM
IDK. As a guy compliments kind of embarrass me. Almost want to punch something. LOL
As a girl, well, it takes a lot for me to make myself look as good as I do. Get lots of compliments. Even though I think I'm to tall and manly in physique (seriously not trying to compliment myself saying this) guys still tell me I'm pretty. That kind of makes it worth it in some way. Always self conscious about meeting a new guy. Worried about, "what if he thinks I'm too big or whatever?". Only actually been turned down once straight to my face once by a guy who must have thought I was a ts. Had no fake boobs and that was that. BS. Pretty sure I communicated before the meeting as always.
I think all together I prefer to be complimented as a girl more because it makes more sense. Would like to be complimented overall as a person though; without looks having to do with it.

Megan70
02-10-2014, 01:11 AM
I've often heard the unsolicited remark that "you make a much better looking woman than a man". I consider that a very high compliment because that is why I started dressing as a teen and still dress now. I am a very homely guy and bad self esteem about it, but I mask it with makeup and a wig. Works for me.

Marcelle
02-10-2014, 05:41 AM
Depends on what kind of compliment you are talking about. As a guy I seldom got "hey you are hot" or "looking good" more along the lines of compliments about my technical skills at work or mucking about at home. While "en femme" the only compliment I ever received was "nice scarf" . . . so given my mug not likely to get any real compliments.

But like most, I would take them if they came my way "guy or girl". Everyone likes to feel special.

Hugs

Isha

Cheryl T
02-10-2014, 06:19 AM
Either would be nice, but I think I would accept compliments more graciously as a woman.

natcrys
02-10-2014, 06:27 AM
Any type of compliment is always greatly appreciated by me.. for my female or male appearance.. but also for other things. It does make a person feel great! :D

BLUE ORCHID
02-10-2014, 09:18 AM
Hi Claire, Compliments as a lady would always be my choice.

Lynn Marie
02-10-2014, 09:30 AM
I may be a "God" looking guy, but my early efforts at dressing and makeup often looked like hell!

anaissa
02-10-2014, 09:34 AM
I especially like it when a guy or girl notices and comments on my legs and derriere. Being told that my painted lips are sey is always a turn-on.

Rita C.
02-10-2014, 09:42 AM
I just want to be seen as a girl, I hate my male side of life

Patty F
02-10-2014, 10:11 AM
I agree Rita, but I do like a compliment as a women.