PDA

View Full Version : Hoping to go to a symphomy this Wednesday night dressed. Wish i had a date.but...

Alice Torn
02-09-2014, 02:50 PM
The harsh subzero weather is to moderate a little Wednesday, up to 24 F. There is a symphony concert at Northern Illinois University, and thie time, i hope to go all dressed up! I have been extremely depressed for months, and this is an opportunity, even if i get a lot of looks, or murmurs, from nornies. It would be nice to go with a man date, or woman or Cd, though, in Dekalb, Illinois.

Lillyasia
02-09-2014, 03:23 PM
Colleges and universities are pretty open minded these days so you should have nothing to worry about. Have fun.

Glenda58
02-09-2014, 04:16 PM
I've gone by myself. Just dress like Lady out for a evening at the symphony on a cold night. Plus act like you belong there.

Brooklyn
02-09-2014, 04:29 PM
A tall friend of mine took me to the symphony a few weeks ago; it was really enjoyable and I didn't feel like such a giant. They played all Dvorak.

Jenn0714
02-09-2014, 05:01 PM
I say you should go no matter what the weather and don't worry about the looks either. Its my experience that some people want to look and make comments no matter who or what and that they are the ones with the problem. :)

:battingeyelashes: I wish I had someone to go to a symphony with, that would be so wonderfully delightful. :daydreaming:

Jennifer (GG)

DorothyElizabeth
02-09-2014, 05:11 PM
They played all Dvorak.

I am trying to decide if that is a good or a bad thing. Seems to me, a full evening of Dvorak could go either way, depending mostly on who held the baton. I once attended an all-Dvorak concert in Philadelphia under Ormandy, that was absolutely deadly. Interestingly, it got rave reviews from the local critics, and every musician whom I talked to about it, felt the same as I did. :)

Beverley Sims
02-09-2014, 06:20 PM
Alice,
Go by yourself, you may meet somebody there.

donnalee
02-09-2014, 08:06 PM
At the very least, you can loose yourself in the music for a few hours. It seems like you're living with far too much reality already.
Dvorak is one of my favorite composers, but as has been said, "It aint what you do, its the way that you do it".

Vanessa Rose
02-09-2014, 08:29 PM
Dekalb Il is a nice place.. conservative but nice. and yes, college towns are much, much more liberal unless it is till of the hun U....

Anyway, go and enjoy, and just keep smiling.... Own it... if you do it and let us know how it goes...and yes

We do want a selfie...

V

Alice Torn
02-10-2014, 02:52 PM
Thanks all for the comments.It would be more relaxing to go with another person. All Dvorak would be great! I hope to go this time, and not chicken out. My voice is a dead give away, better not speak much in the hallway, or lobby. Avoiding the restrooms!

Alice Torn
02-11-2014, 05:21 PM
Here we go again! It is to snow tomorrow afternoon, and with a 40 mile one way trip, i just may have to call off another chance to go out! We will see what it does!

Alice Torn
02-13-2014, 01:45 PM
Well, the night before i was going to go to the concert, a noise started in my car motor. I had to repalce the water pump, which took most of the day, in the cold. Then, it got down to about 15 degrees, and i was sore, and not feeling like going 40 miles, so stayed home and dressed up, in my new aqua blue dress, took a lot of photos in that, and bra and girdle!