PDA

View Full Version : Investigation Discovery

Allison Chaynes
02-09-2014, 05:17 PM
Has anyone else noticed that this channel ALWAYS shows crossdressing in the most negative light it possibly can? It's always some successful husband who "has a dark side" who ends up being some kind of psychopath. It makes me want to vomit how Cding is portrayed as the reason behind the evil things bad people do.

I'm referring to "My Dirty Little Secret" and "Who the Bleep Did I Marry".

MisterEgurl
02-09-2014, 05:55 PM
I've certainly noticed this tabloid-like sensationalization. It sickens me to no end. That many people I know eat this junk up upsets me greatly and keeps me closeted.

Beverley Sims
02-09-2014, 06:19 PM
They are popular stories that people want to hear.

It's like beating up the 98 lb weakling until he goes and has Atlas weight training and then beats up the bully.

Just accept them.
I was a 98 lb weakling and I made a success of it years ago.

RADER
02-09-2014, 06:34 PM
I have never seen the program; is it seen in the States?
Rader

LilSissyStevie
02-09-2014, 07:10 PM
Perhaps we should ban psychopathic killers from crossdressing then ID will quit reporting it.

donnalee
02-09-2014, 07:53 PM
I think that we're the last of the abusable minorities. Because of that and our natural reticence, we're successfully stereotyped as the bad guys in movies and TV. We can't protest without outing ourselves, which can have dire consequences for a good many of us as far as employment and family life go. As long as we permit this to go on, it will recur.
Sorry, but them's the breaks.

ArleneRaquel
02-09-2014, 08:00 PM
Perhaps CD'ers are the last minority to degrade and get away with it, at least without pushback or a very limited pushback.

CynthiaD
02-09-2014, 08:09 PM
I guess the popular assumption is that crossdressers are al crazy anyway, so it's not much of a stretch for them to be crazy in other ways too. I find these types of portrayals to be cliché and tiresome.

Marcelle
02-09-2014, 09:00 PM
It is an unfortunate fact that when people don't truly understand something they fill in the blanks with all the wrong assumptions. Added to this when someone does show up who is CD and is engaged in criminal activity people go "Ah ha . . . see we were right. They are all sickos and perverts".

The only way this can change is to educate others around and eventually acceptance will follow . . . but alas this will take time.

Hugs

Isha

BLUE ORCHID
02-09-2014, 09:48 PM
Hi Allison, That channel doesn't show happy things if they did no one would watch .

ArleneRaquel
02-09-2014, 09:54 PM
IMO most people jump to conclusions, many times about things they know very little about, and often draw the most hideous conclusions possible. CD'ing is not well understood so many feel those that CD must be evil trash.

Kate Simmons
02-09-2014, 09:57 PM
Something I don't want to waste my time watching really. It's propaganda and mind control like most of those types of shows.:straightface:

Anna H
02-09-2014, 09:59 PM
Investigation Discovery has as much credibility as concrete bon-bons.

I saw it once....about 10 min...got bored and went to sleep. They'll
crash and burn just like all other trash TV eventually does.

They know it too....that's why they're reaching for straws.

:happy:

Caden Lane
02-09-2014, 10:03 PM
Perhaps we should ban psychopathic killers from crossdressing then ID will quit reporting it.

We have a motion on the floor... anyone wish to second the motion?

Jilmac
02-09-2014, 10:34 PM
It's not just those so-called reality shows, a lot of cop shows and sitcoms have portrayed cross dressers in a negative light, either as buffoons, drag queens, or gay guys.

Vanessa Rose
02-09-2014, 10:35 PM
reality shows are not reality..

V

Michelle789
02-09-2014, 11:03 PM
TV shows and the news love to broadcast stories that are crazy, dramatic, and negative because they catch people's attention.

How many times have you heard a major news story about the one plane that crashed, but thousands of planes land safely every day and not a single one makes the news.

Every day in the news we hear about somebody getting murdered, but we never hear about the billions of people who safely made it to sleep that night.

Sadly, our media loves to show stories about murders, accidents, and disasters, and if god forbid the murderer or pilot of the plane that crashed is a cross-dresser or transsexual, then it is like hitting a double jackpot.

I saw an episode of "Speeders" where a guy who was arrested was wearing women's clothes. Sadly people like this crap.

I find that there is very little on TV that entertains me anymore. I NEVER watch the news. I hardly watch any sitcoms on TV because they're all either boring or lame. Maybe an occasional Disney cartoon, Disney sitcom, or Family Guy.

I find reading and posting on this forum to be far more interesting. I like to listen to music on Youtube too. I like inspirational speeches, which I usually see on Youtube as well.

Maybe I should dump cable, and hook up my computer to the TV so that when I feel like lying on the sofa, I can watch Youtube videos on my TV screen.

I like shows about astronomy, geology, weather, volcanoes, or some History Channel stuff. Anything to do with UFOs or aliens fascinates me. Most of it I will find on On Demand, Youtube, or sometimes while flipping through channels.

Maybe the home shopping channel ain't so bad after all :)

ArleneRaquel
02-09-2014, 11:05 PM
IMO the media's prtrayal of CD's is disgusting & deplorable ! I have stopped watching ID, which I when I first happened upon it I actually enjoyed it. I have not watched in nearly a year now.

Anna H
02-09-2014, 11:13 PM
Michelle,

In all seriousness....we did get rid of cable about 2 years ago.
There was about a week "withdrawal" from being "conditioned"
by it.

Anything worth watching can be found on the internet anyway
and it's just enough of a PITA that often we don't bother.

Now..we're getting lots of other stuff done.

We do have netflix just to have something to watch, but getting
rid of 600 channels of non-stop crap was one of the best things
I've ever done.

That's a Definite improvement in our lives....and the $$ goes for
stuff we Do like.

:-)

Tracii G
02-09-2014, 11:26 PM
Thats why a few of us are out of the closet and doing things in public.
People get to know us as regular people.By doing that some people will see the true side and not judge all of us in that negative way.

BOBBI G.
02-10-2014, 04:27 AM
It is a cop show. Ans they just go where the crime has happened. We receive a bad rap as a group, but I'm sure the percentages of bad folks to good is extremely low ID has a limited library and when they are on 24 hours a day, they show loops of shows. So if you miss one you have a chance the next night. Yea, its sensationalized, but I think they aren't trying to showcase.

Just my opinion.

Bobbi

Jennifer Kelly
02-10-2014, 10:06 AM
reality shows are not reality..

V

Where's the dang Like button? :)

Patty F
02-10-2014, 10:09 AM
Maybe a bunch of us should contact Discovery Chanel and do our own show, or maybe DR Phil

Tina B.
02-10-2014, 10:13 AM
Back 40 or 50 years ago it was gays in the movies, they where serial killers, psychopathic killers, rapes, child molesters, no one knew them and everyone feared them, now the movies have them as the best friend, the boss, the hero even at times. Well now it's our turn, people no very little about us, they know we are different, so we get to be the Serial Killers, psychopathic killers, rapes, and child molesters. As people are hearing more about us, we will change from the evil one, to the comedy relief, until we become common enough they see us as just another set of people is society.
Everyone goes thought it.
Remember the old adage, there is no such thing as bad press, the more they talk about us, the more they learn, the sooner we become "normal".

ArleneRaquel
02-10-2014, 02:08 PM
Gays have alway had a large role in the arts, so it ihas always amazed me that gays ( at least in the past) were almost depicked as monsters or as foolish clowns.

lovetobedani
02-10-2014, 03:27 PM
People in general seem to gravitate towards the negative side of anything. Thoes like us have been seen and labeled as sick and demented for years. We've all suffered one sort of predjuice or another in one way or another for being who and what we are. We know that we're not.

It takes a long time for the world to change. In my opinion it is changing to the positive for us, although at a snails pace but it still is. What we don't need is for the pin heads who produce the shows on that channel to get the best of us. Let's all just keep up the good fight to be veiwed as who we are. Productive tax paying law abiding members of the community.