PDA

View Full Version : News From The South Side

Aly Cat
02-09-2014, 06:20 PM
So for those that read my post last night, I went clubbing with my friends and had an AMAZING time! Well, it turns out, one of the pictures leaked onto facebook and who should message me today but my Aunt who lives in Alabama. Now, 75% of my extended family lives down in Alabama.
The picture that got leaked was about 11 of us all crowded in a bathroom doing makeup, socializing and having a fun time. I was dressed in a black top, black jacket, and skinny jeans with my 5 inch kneehighs on...no wig. What does my aunt ask me?
So...what were you up to last night?? What was all that makeup and eyeliner about? Apparently she spotted it even though I was the furthest away in the room. I opened up to her and explained everything. It turns out, every single person in my extended family including my grandmother just thought I was in the closet and gay. When I explained everything to her, she was like...that makes perfect sense. We all still love you no matter what. Our love for you is unconditional and you are always welcome in our homes, even Grandmas. We chatted for the next hour and a half about fashion, my future plans of transition, and what I want out of my life. She kept expressing how excited she was for me and how I can finally be happy.
It was so encouraging and I am so happy that now everyone in my family now knows the truth. Its a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. I was terrified of my grandma knowing for fear of giving her a heart attack or something. Shes 87.
She told me that the next family reunion we have, she expects me to show up as Ava and be myself.
I am soooo happy. I love my family. Here I was expecting the worst and what did I receive? Love

LenGray
02-09-2014, 06:23 PM
I'm SO happy for you! Especially that they invited you to dress as yourself :) Having a wonderful family like that is truly a blessing and one that you very richly deserve. Congratulations again!

Anna H
02-09-2014, 06:57 PM
That is So Cool! I do remember the post because I'm down near Statesboro
and was wishing I could go along. So close, but yet, so far away....

It's so nice to hear you have such a Great family. SO Cool! ♥

:happy:

Greenie
02-09-2014, 06:58 PM
Pictures or it didn't happen. (OHH NEVER MIND. FOUND THEM!)

:)

Also, that's awesome. :)

Beverley Sims
02-09-2014, 07:02 PM
Eva,
What a lovely outcome.
If they could all be like that.

Vanessa Rose
02-09-2014, 07:07 PM
family's sometimes surprise us... congrats..

V

Marcelle
02-09-2014, 09:03 PM
Hi Eva,

What a truly wonderful happy ending to a situation that could have gone bad. Not only did you have an amazing night out you have now discovered amazing love nestled in your family.

Hugs

Isha

Helen Grandeis
02-09-2014, 09:12 PM
You are truly lucky and beautiful. Your family can further enrich and uplift your heart to overflowing.

BLUE ORCHID
02-09-2014, 09:28 PM
Hi Eva, Just when you think that you have people all figured out they go and do something really great.

Jamie Lynn
02-09-2014, 09:38 PM
Congratulations, Eva! Happy to hear that everything is turning out so good! May it continue forever!:^5::)

DonnaT
02-10-2014, 03:56 PM
Nice

But how does a picture leak onto facebook?

MsVal
02-10-2014, 04:30 PM
There are times like that when "tomorrow's" plans get pulled ahead to "right now". For that reason, it's good to always have a plan ready, and breathe a sigh of relief when it's finally over.

Best wishes
MsVal

Aly Cat
02-10-2014, 06:27 PM
Nice

But how does a picture leak onto facebook?

Friends takes a picture with you in it and then tags you as there. Then it shows up on your page and all your friends and family members can see it....not cool...

Bria
02-10-2014, 07:03 PM
Eva, What a wonderful story of the love that your family has for you, it's great to hear about happy surprises!!

Hugs Bria

lovetobedani
02-10-2014, 07:58 PM
Wonderful story that pales in comparison to support that your family wants to give you. You're very lucky.

Tina B.
02-11-2014, 12:15 PM
Eva, I have to disagree with you, in this case it winding up on face book was very cool, how else would you have found out what a wonderful and accepting family you have.

Katey888
02-11-2014, 12:20 PM
Good outcome for you Eva - I'm sincerely pleased for you... :cheer:

Moral for others: Check your FaceBook privacy settings.... :eek:

Katey x

Princess Grandpa
02-11-2014, 12:23 PM
OMG! That was so beautiful! I got to the part about Facebook and my heart leapt up to my throat. I anticipated a story off job loss, humiliation, or some other sadness. Instead we get love and acceptance. Thank you for sharing. I am so happy for you.

Hug
Rita

Annaliese
02-11-2014, 12:25 PM
I am happy for you, it turn out great for you.

traci_k
02-11-2014, 12:34 PM
Eva, So glad things worked out for you.

Hugs,