PDA

View Full Version : Waist location

Kath
01-07-2006, 04:31 PM
Relative to the belly button where is a GG's waist compared with a guys? I think it is at the belly button or slightly above whereas I think my "natural waist is about 2" below the belly button. Guess this would not be a question if I had GG hips and waist, everything would be automatic.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Hugs, Kath

Helen MC
01-07-2006, 09:14 PM
I have always considered my waist to be on the line of my belly-button (umbilicus) . That is where the waist band of my panties come up to.

CharleneCD
01-08-2006, 02:36 AM
Got this from a good source. The GG sitting next to me on the couch. She says a woman will naturaly curve in a couple of inches above the hips. Basicly right about your bellybutton.

MandyTS
01-08-2006, 03:45 AM
At the bellybutton, exactly!

I can not wait to have that figure! :)

Kath
01-08-2006, 10:53 AM
Thanks for the answers. That is what I kind of thought.

Reason for the question was the skirt I bought yesterday. Prior to that I have been a dress person. But it is very hard to find nice looking 1X and 2X dresses. Found I kind of like the skirt and top program.

I feel sorry for the GG's that have to wear those sizes. Now if I can just get rid of the balloon on that part of my torso so a skirt will hang better.

Hugs Kath

jennifer easton
01-08-2006, 11:37 AM
Good luck Kath, been tryin for ever, no luck however, my wast is and allways been bout 4" below my button, for I'm blessed with a beer belly,dosen't make me all bad,just not very girly,but I try maybe some day xoxoxJennifer

MarinaTwelve200
01-08-2006, 03:42 PM
As an artist, I have learned to draw the female waist AT the belly button. Sometimes a corset will define it at just above the top of the hip bones.

There is no fixed location---the "waist" is formed by the narrowest part of the "hammoc" or saddle-like "sag" the skin makes on each side while being supported only at the base of the rib cage and top of the pelvis bones.

The idealized female form from the SIDE view is interesting also, as the "butt" does not curve away from the body--rather is PART of a sloping straight line that originates in the back at the base of the rib cage and moves downward.---Then it (the butt) curves under to meet the body in about the lower 1/3 or 1/4 of the "cheeks"

A Man's butt, BTW sorta sticks out from the waist area and the "peak" of its curve is near the middle of the cheek, rather than in the lower third as in females.
----Interesting as a hetro male, I find the first configuration "attractive" and the latter, not. Perhaps we have a built - in "sensitivity" to geometric shapes.

Note: the above is usually not conciously noticed by "non -artist" types until
it is pointed out to them---Indeed a knowledge of art has increased my apreaciation for the female form:D

Helen MC
01-08-2006, 04:02 PM
Interesting Marina. I have always liked women in the plumper body shapes the women painted by Rubens and Titian. Also when I have viewed a woman of the type which appeals to me from the side she forms an S shape her bust counterbalancing her butt.

MarinaTwelve200
01-08-2006, 05:20 PM
Interesting Marina. I have always liked women in the plumper body shapes the women painted by Rubens and Titian. Also when I have viewed a woman of the type which appeals to me from the side she forms an S shape her bust counterbalancing her butt.

Yes, that IS the effect The rib cage is off set foreward from the pelvis. the slope of the back that blends into the butt begins in the middle, higher than one thinks, at the bottom of the rib cage--giving the "S" effect. Note also that the pelvis is also tilted to the front near the top, and to the back near the bottom. It is the ideal, but only the most attractive of girls display this characteristic.

For a great anatomy lesson, check out Marina Sirtis--"Troi" on Star Trek I always thought she was a bit 'odd " looking, but at the same time very attractive.---STNG series began about the time I was studying artist's anatomy, and I discovered that Ms. Sirtis is a walking "textbook"--having ALL the little interesting bumps, curves and ridges, that are very rarely seen together on ONE real female body. --Most notable, her pelvis, that appears as a single, forward tilted unit with well defined iliac crest bones, and the secondary "jog" in her hip curves caused by the Great trochanters of her femur (thigh) bones. Very well defined for a woman who is not rail thin.

Marlena Dahlstrom
01-09-2006, 03:16 AM
Shopping sites typically describe the GG "waist" as being the narrowest part of the abdomen, typically about 2-inches about the belly button on women. (The waist sits lower on males because they've got an extra set of floating ribs.) So regardless of your actual build, this is what's intended.

Helana
01-09-2006, 03:37 AM
Yes the traditional woman's waist is at the narrowest point inbetween the end of the ribcage and the belly button. That is also my narrowest point too as a male (when I am not overweight!). If you are wearing a traditional skirt then you want it above the belly button but modern styles - hipsters and low rise jeans makes that location somewhat out-of-style. The last thing I want to do is expose my belly button so I will stick with the boring traditional waistline - or you can call me chic.:cheeky:

On image grounds CDs should try to use the traditional waistline as it helps to shorten the upper torso and lengthen the look of the legs.

Maria D
01-09-2006, 06:41 AM
Men don't have more ribs, they have the same number as women (12 pairs). Check any biology site the verify this. :)

As to waists, mine gives my body a shape suspiciously like a tube lol, so its position is anywhere between hips and armpit ;)

Take care
Maria
xxx