PDA

View Full Version : Went somewhere enfemme I didn't plan on.

Tracii G
02-09-2014, 11:53 PM
Sat I was out enfemme and went to a local Goodwill in the nearby town.
Coming back is one of my fave pawn shops where I find cool musical gear.
Driving by I see a guy hauling in a few guitars so I turned around and stopped in the lot and asked him if he had anything he was looking to sell.
The older man said why yes ma'am I do.His wife was looking me over real hard LOL.
The quest for vintage guitars got the best of me because here I am enfemme in front of a pawn shop I have done business for 20 years.
He asked me to come into the shop with him to get out of the cold and he would show me what he had if the pawn shop didn't want them.
I thought oh well bite the bullet because I can't turn down a deal on something if I can get it cheap and make a profit,That is good business right?
I go in and the two regular ladies are working and they really don't pay attention to me because I am on my cell phone talking to a friend of mine who called.
Janie walks up after a min of looking me up and down with a big grin on her face.
She gives me a hug and said I wasn't sure that sexy lady was you but it was killing me so I had to find out for sure.
I said me sexy yeah right!! She said honey you look damn good let me tell you.
We both had a good chuckle and she told me seriously from a distance I couldn't tell for sure but you know know me I'm nosy as all get out so I had to find out.
I said well you got to see the other side of me and I guess we are cool then?
She smiled and said oh sweetie no problem.
Any way the pawn shop bought his guitars so I lost out for now but kind of had a win of sorts.

Vanessa Rose
02-09-2014, 11:57 PM
That was more than a win... that was validation...

Vanny

ArleneRaquel
02-10-2014, 12:02 AM
Lovely post darlin. Thanks for sharing.

Tracii G
02-10-2014, 12:41 AM
To say I wasn't a little scared about going in would be an understatement.LOL

Tina B.
02-10-2014, 12:59 AM
Nice job of living up to your fears, and maybe you got something worth more than an old guitar.

Tracii G
02-10-2014, 02:56 AM
Acceptance from the employee was worth it.

Ellie52
02-10-2014, 03:38 AM
Tracii - you are way too girly. And now you have proven it. Great story, these are the threads I like. Keep it up (The threads that is - you have to be so careful what you say these days).....Ellie

Marcelle
02-10-2014, 04:39 AM
Hey Tracii,

What a great story and it shows just how comfortable you are with your femme side. You may have lost out on the guitars but you gain some great validation points and a new place where people know both sides of you.

Hugs

Isha

Katey888
02-10-2014, 04:41 AM
Shame about the guitars, Tracii - but now you know you can always go back to look for more AND you got a 'sexy' honorific... worth more than a couple of old plunkers in my book... :)

Thanks for sharing that neat encounter... :cool:

Katey x

anaissa
02-10-2014, 04:51 AM
I am so proud of you Traci. Another post spoke about validation. I totally agree. I am so sure that you will have many more of these delicious adventures.

donnalee
02-10-2014, 04:54 AM
Usually pawnshops are winging it as far as value goes, but will normally pay around 10% of retail list. They tend to be ignorant of condition, which makes them a bad place to buy instruments unless you know how to repair them.
But it's great that you have found an accepting person, especially one you've known for so long (and the compliments don't hurt, either).

KristyE
02-10-2014, 05:08 AM
Thats great, very cool. ( guitars and cding...hmmm)
Love KristyE

Beverley Sims
02-10-2014, 07:12 AM
A nice interlude for you there Tracii.

deebra
02-10-2014, 07:39 AM
Doesn't it blow your mind, a few accept a man crossdressing and it's no big deal just like women can dress male and it's just fine but a CD is perverted and weard, that said it sounds like society has the problem, not MtF CDs.

BLUE ORCHID
02-10-2014, 09:00 AM
Hi Tracii, That is another check in the win column of the win/loose ledger.

KayleeTaylor
02-10-2014, 09:06 AM
Congrats!!!! It seems to me that people are becoming more and more accepting, or maybe because we always surround ourselves with good people to begin with. Either way, Tracii - you look damn good, you are one beautiful lady :)

Lynn Marie
02-10-2014, 09:13 AM
So Tracii, who was Jani? The two ladies in the pawn shop really weren't paying any attention to you because you were on your cell phone. I must have missed something in the story. The guitar guys wife was checking you out pretty closely. Was she Jani?

AKADonna
02-10-2014, 09:17 AM
That's just so supportive and validating to get to have that little conversation with a GG. Go girl!

Jamie Lynn
02-10-2014, 09:21 AM
Alright, Tracii!!! :clap::^5:

KristinTX
02-10-2014, 09:38 AM
and you got in out of the cold......sounds like a fun outing. Did you have any luck at Goodwill? How do they treat you there when dressed?

Tracii G
02-10-2014, 12:24 PM
Lynn Jani was one of the ladies that works there.She was dealing with a customer when I went in with the older guy with the guitars.
I guess my drive for that special once in a lifetime guitar deal got the best of me.
It all worked out for the best in the end.
Kristin Goodwill is awesome and I have never had a problem at any one of the many I have been too.

Melissa in SE Tn
02-10-2014, 12:49 PM
Traci, you are so cool. Love to read about your adventures!!

Laura Collette
02-10-2014, 01:44 PM
Tracii your story is so cheering. Now you can go there anytime regardless of your attire. Congratulations on expanding your horizons.

carhill2mn
02-10-2014, 03:12 PM
Your "win" is knowing a good person like Janie!