PDA

View Full Version : YES! Finally went to the club.

Ms. Laura
02-10-2014, 04:17 PM
So, I started my journey out of the house nearly 1 year ago.

After bowing out and making excuses I finally went to a local club with my sisters. Now, I didn't sing Karaoke, so I can't quite claim my TG membership card, but I listened to some. And, of course we saw the drag show.

And, we sat on the couch, ordered drinks from the bar and chatted. We told girls we loved there dresses, the told us we were looking FABULOUS and it was SO nice and fun. Why was I afraid?

No pics yet but I'm hoping to crop some out of my friend's photos.

*Obligatory description - I wore a gray cowl neck sweater dress with black leggings and the CUTEST lace up/combat style, high heel ankle boot.

Counting the days until our next adventure! I can't say enough good things about finding a group of supportive sisters. Both here online and in my case, the TriEss NE girls.

Thanks!

Adriana Moretti
02-10-2014, 04:21 PM
congrats girl this is good news! yay!!! you should do the fantasia fair in P-Town in the fall I am going to try and make it up there for that one

MsVal
02-10-2014, 04:22 PM
Congratulations Ms. Laura,
It took you a year to do what some people can't do in their lifetime, and it was FUN.
Those of us that only get out vicariously are thankful for great reports like yours. Thank you.

Best wishes
MsVal

ArleneRaquel
02-10-2014, 04:23 PM
Congratulations & Best Wishes darlin. I'm glad that you had a fine time. First of many outings I'm sure. Hugs & Kisses !

Suzanne F
02-10-2014, 04:39 PM
Laura
Congratulations! I say you have earned your card. Isn't it wonderful to be out in the world? I hope that you have many more adventures.
Hugs
Suzanne

Vanessa Rose
02-10-2014, 04:58 PM
Great to hear. There are many people that feel beautiful behind a wall 6" thick but if they pass through
It collapses in fear and angst

Hopefully this will give many more the courage and plan to expand their horizons as well

V (and this included me again)

Katey888
02-10-2014, 05:05 PM
Well done Laura, :cheer:

No one told me about the karaoke... I think you've done enough!

Sounds like just a really cool GNO... Super... :)

Katey x

Kristy 56
02-10-2014, 05:15 PM
Lucky you Laura, congratulations on a memorable evening I'm sure.One of these nights maybe I'll make it too.

Jenniferathome
02-10-2014, 05:37 PM
That was your first time out?! I thought you were a regular. Great fun, isn't it? no slowing down now.

Kate Simmons
02-10-2014, 05:49 PM
I'm happy for you and proud of you Laura. :)

Beverley Sims
02-10-2014, 08:58 PM
Laura,
It will soon become a drug for you, and a good one at that. :)

Ms. Laura
02-10-2014, 09:39 PM
Thanks for the encouragement ladies!

congrats girl this is good news! yay!!! you should do the fantasia fair in P-Town in the fall I am going to try and make it up there for that one

Yes, I want to do this. More of a time/budget constraint but hey, you only live once.

Congratulations Ms. Laura,
It took you a year to do what some people can't do in their lifetime, and it was FUN.
Those of us that only get out vicariously are thankful for great reports like yours. Thank you.

Best wishes
MsVal

Hey, that's why I wrote about it. There is life out there and nobody stoned me. Of course it was a gay bar but not many sisters there, just us really and maybe one or two others.

That was your first time out?! I thought you were a regular. Great fun, isn't it? no slowing down now.

No, I've been to a few things, our meetings, our Holiday Party, First Event, but this was my first time to a non-trans only venue.

sissy2_amberlee
02-10-2014, 09:51 PM
good for you, laura! you will find, and I am quite sure your girlfriends have already told you, that to pass, you merely act like the woman you really are. no special moves, just walk, sit, like any other woman. that's the secret. no magic about it. if you act womanly, you will suddenly find that you feel womanly, and guess what? nobody will notice you, because they see what they want to see, a woman walking by. have courage, and be of good cheer. graceful moves come from your womanly heart.

I am proud of you, girlfriend

amberlee

anaissa
02-10-2014, 09:55 PM
How wonderful! I'm so happy that you had a marvelous adventure. Bet you can't wait for your next night out.

Rhonda Darling
02-10-2014, 11:26 PM
WooHoo! You now know the feeling . . . . It only gets better now. I'm very happy for you, both for getting out, and for having a great supportive Tri Ess group.

Go girl!

Best,
Rhonda

kimdl93
02-10-2014, 11:56 PM
Do we really have to sing karaoke to get the TG card?

sonialexis
02-11-2014, 10:44 AM
This is exactly the thing I'd like to be in when my first outing comes, give me a year's time too. I really would just like to sit with the girls, laugh, drink. awesome

KaceyR
02-11-2014, 11:48 AM
Congrats...sounds like a great outing. I've known of some things around my area but nothing definitive to really know to plan out. Bloody internet and so much outdated info at times.
Unsure about the karaoke tho..I can do it... but probably not really "as" a girl. But hey..if people can tolerate odd key shifts (like how Stevie Nicks downshifts her singing live since she can't hit highs anymore) then I guess so...:)

Sally24
02-12-2014, 06:52 AM
That first step out into public places is a big one. You picked a good club too. My friends and I meet there twice a month. We will actually be there this Saturday. You should come out with us sometime. We'll get you up on that karaoke stage for sure!