PDA

View Full Version : Internet security for crossdressers

Caden Lane
02-11-2014, 01:14 PM
Back when I was in a DADT relationship, and a paranoid cop, I had to figure out a way to keep my crossdressing stuff out of her line of sight and maintain a bit of privacy.

What brought this up is I keep seeing advice to make sure you clear your browser history and cache.

What I came up back then was a thumb drive that was password secured. It had its own internal storage, browser, and I could download apps like After work that cleaned all activity internal and external. The internal browser allowed me to store all of my websites that might otherwise spark an argument. I don't need that sort of security anymore, but I figured it might be advice worth something to someone, and in turn give them peace of mind.

Vanessa Rose
02-11-2014, 01:46 PM
CD,

Thanks... and for what it is worth, I don't think anyone should see any pictures what-so-ever on any person here until they are a member for a year and have a CLEAR history of posting. For me, anyone can come here and look... creeper, CD, TS, or poodle lover(they are the ones who need real help).

Anyway, essentially, there is no security for any person on this site... really is there... or any other. Sad, but I have six e-mail addresses to deflect tracing and XX digit PW's .

Something that is real. Whether this is true or just a fear, I don't know... I hope is just my fear..

Vanny

Beverley Sims
02-11-2014, 03:19 PM
Just don't leave a paper trail.
Facebook is definitely out for me.

Caden Lane
02-11-2014, 03:22 PM
Oh this site is riddled with holes. I was referring to security at home from a spouse that doesn't know or is DADT. When you vet down to it there isn't any real substantial privacy on the net. But keeping privacy at home is still an issue for some girls who aren't as fortunate as we.

And Caden is fine...I'd drop the CD from my nickname here if given the option...I hate labels.

Katey888
02-11-2014, 03:30 PM
Caden - it's a very sensible and serious point for us stay-at-home folk... Good advice for anyone who is closeted - I've certainly read more than one personal story here where email or a website has been the catalyst for discovery.

If you've got any specific pointers around the security of the site, it might be worth dropping the administrators a PM? I can't promise they'll do anything, but it can't hurt either...?

Katey x

Caden Lane
02-11-2014, 03:35 PM
I don't know enough about IT to do any good. But Vanny's ideas about keeping the picture creepers out...as well as those damnable poodle lovers.... sounds like a good start.

~Joanne~
02-11-2014, 04:26 PM
Luckily I have a fantastic SO who is willing to learn about this side of me and doesn't discourage my dressing AT ALL. She accepts, encourages, and everything else that comes with this life style. Matter of fact, she was at the store today and bought me a couple of nail polishes she thought I may like, which I didn't, but the thought is priceless.

I don't have to worry about the history or cache clearing but I have it do it anyways. Even though she is aces about this, I don't want to push it in her face constantly. She gets enough of that every time she opens the closet and sees my heels ;) I also keep all my photos on a pen drive that is password protected. Not for her sake or to keep them from her (she took most of them) but you never know who may come over while she is sitting at the PC and people are nosy by nature.

I agree 100% with Vanessa on this statement....

I don't think anyone should see any pictures what-so-ever on any person here until they are a member for a year and have a CLEAR history of posting.

I also think 10 posts is an awful low number of posts required to get into the photo gallery. It's the main reason I don't do many full pictures here.

BLUE ORCHID
02-11-2014, 04:36 PM
As soon as I log out of this site I clear all browsing history at least four times

mikiSJ
02-11-2014, 04:43 PM
DADT is not a problem with my wife and I, but I do like to keep my posts private.

Most of us here use some version of Windows. Later versions have something called bitlocker but it only encrypts a drive from outside of Windows snoopers. You can download a free Linux package that will run in its own environment (or from a flash drive) and your data totally password encrypted so even the NSA would have difficulty seeing what is on the drive. You don't have to be computer geek, simply want to learn something new.

Eryn
02-11-2014, 05:08 PM
The best security at home is a separate password-protected computer, preferably one that can be physically secured.

I'd hate to be in a relationship that required that level of stealth, though.

Bonnie Chan
02-11-2014, 05:19 PM
With current internet browser, I think you can enable the "stealth" mode where it doesn't store any browsing history or cache data on your computer at all. For IE, it's called InPrivate (Ctrl+Shift+P), for Chrome, it's called Incognito (Ctrl+Shift+N). Not sure about other browsers as I use mainly IE and Chrome only.
I always do this and never have to deal with clearing browsing history or anything.

Zylia
02-11-2014, 05:20 PM
@Vanessa: Let's turn the tables for a minute: You're talking about people with a 'clear' history of posting and I assume you count yourself as one of those, but we have yet to see any 'real' evidence of your cross-dressing/transgender status. Not saying you're one of those faking creepers, but you wouldn't be the first one. The obvious creepers aren't a problem on this board, those are banned pretty quickly, it's the con artists who keep up their acts for longer periods of time.

Ultimately it's your decision whether or not you want to post pictures on the internet, many have done so on this board. If you're worried about your privacy don't post your pictures or just stay off the internet. If you're worried about other people's privacy don't watch the pictures.

Anyway, solid advice of the OP.

Stephanie47
02-11-2014, 05:31 PM
Internet security is not the real problem for many of us. Sure, it is relatively easy for me to have my history cleared each and every time I log off the computer session. However, the real issue is keeping snoopers out of the boxes of clothing that are obviously not my wife's. We own our own home. The kids have keys. Do they snoop? I don't know. It's all hidden in plain sight so to speak. For all of you in a rental arrangement, house or apartment, there's always the possibility of the landlord making entry into what you thought was a private place. Recently one of our friends' apartment had water cascading from the apartment above. The landlord had to make quick access to that apartment. Single male occupant? Female clothes all over the apartment? I really do not worry about Internet security. Somehow all that extra Internet security will only contribute to more discord when the wife ultimately finds out.

I will agree posting a picture on this site may be ill advised unless you're 100% passable. I've read posts where screen shots have been made here and posted elsewhere.

Jaylyn
02-11-2014, 05:43 PM
I've often heard anything posted on the net is public information the moment you hit the send button. I try to not put anything on the net that I don't want anyone else to see or know. I also think anyone that would want any information on me must be a very lonely person.... Lol my life is dull enough at 64 so who could really give a rip what I do. My wife knows, approves and helps so who am I trying to hide from..... I'm not breaking any laws and think that by now most people would just say that old coot has lost his mind..... We knew he would soon..... Lol

ambigendrous
02-11-2014, 06:29 PM
For me, anyone can come here and look... creeper, CD, TS, or poodle lover(they are the ones who need real help).

...But Vanny's ideas about keeping the picture creepers out...as well as those damnable poodle lovers.... sounds like a good start.

I've heard that poodles are in reality extra-terrestrial beings who THINK they're disguised as dogs...:D

Lorileah
02-11-2014, 06:40 PM
Anyway, essentially, there is no security for any person on this site... really is there...

If you read the FAQs and all the information posted here when you joined , you knew that. I mean really most of you all were lurking here long before you joined

And this really isn't a CD subject.