PDA

View Full Version : I know i'm out of bounds here...................

Louise
01-07-2006, 07:02 PM
Hi Guys, Last weekend I was at a party [dressed] and at one point i found myself being verbaly crucified by a group of straight couples.In my defence a straight GG friend of mine stepped in and said ''whats the problem with the way lulu's dressed, every woman in this room wearing jeans is a T.V.'' it certainly took the pressure off me, anyway the point being does anyone agree with her.........I've never thought about before....lulu.

Abraxas
01-08-2006, 04:37 AM
I wouldn't go that far, Lex... I know there are some MTF TV's who don't try to pass. Eddie Izzard, for one...
As for crossdressing: whose line are we crossing? Who had the right to give us a line?

mistunderstood
01-08-2006, 08:19 PM
Wear what you like not what else every-body wants you to wear. It is more important for YOU to be happy then every-one will follow. If you are not happy then you can't not be comfortable. Go for what you like. Is that not are goal to begine with? To be are TRUE selves.

misunderstood

Jasmine Ellis
01-15-2006, 07:24 AM
Yes I do. Lets face it women can walk around with TROUSERS OR JEANS! The only one thing that is differant from the male clothes are the buttons which are on the other side.
Well done to her I say and a well good friend to have around you also.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

KatieKaboodle
01-15-2006, 07:37 AM
I'll agree with Abraxas and ask us "Who gave us the line?" It's through years of social conditioning; in the not-too-distant-past, if you were a woman and wore jeans, you were "masculine." I think it's just sad that, although jeans are okay for women to wear now, that anyone would base their opinions of you only by your clothes and fail to actually get to know someone before formulating an opinion.

Personally, I loathe dresses. Oh, I identify as female alright, but I can't stand the frickin' things! The only time I would ever wear one would be for a formal occasion, and even then it would take some work for me to wear one and not slacks and a top.

I just think that stereotypes based solely on appearance are bull! All of 'em!
Katie