PDA

View Full Version : How to meet other CD's

AKADonna
02-11-2014, 11:53 PM
I really have enjoyed the posts on this site and the responses from other CD's based on their experiences, etc. I love to hear posts where CD's get to know other CD's and then go out for coffee or lunch, etc. I have not met a single CD in my area and I would love to strike up a friendship with others who have so much in common with me.

How would you suggest I find other CD's of my age (65+) in my area (Birmingham, AL)? I know that there is a dating search engine as part of this site, but I'm not looking for a date, just an individual or group of people with similar interests.

Adriana Moretti
02-12-2014, 12:13 AM
this is a great place to start right here. I joined a few months ago and have made friends with some wonderful ladies...a bunch of them I am looking forward to meeting very shortly. We have made plans to meet up at a local upcoming CD event. There are quite a few ladies from your area on here .

Anna H
02-12-2014, 12:21 AM
I'm also getting closer to meeting a few of us. This has been the
place that will work for me. I've looked at a few other places but
they were just date sites...:(

I've always been very interested in meeting someone who "gets it".
I have no idea of what to say, but I guess that'll work itself out
when the time comes.

I wish you were closer....I'd Love to meet up with you!

:happy:

Beverley Sims
02-12-2014, 12:24 AM
I would look at forum posts, in "Places to go Places to meet".

Jenniferathome
02-12-2014, 12:24 AM
Yep, start here then try TriEss or a local LGBT group

TeresaCD
02-12-2014, 01:49 AM
Hiya! No where near you, but I have to say, spending time with other CD folk has been a fantastic experience for me, almost as much as being a part of this site. We are all different in lots of ways, but this thing we have in common can mean some great friendships form, both online and in person..

AKADonna
02-12-2014, 09:11 AM
How does one find a "local LGBT group"? I never thought of crossdressers falling under the LGBT umbrella as that tends to be based on sexual orientation. I don't view crossdressing as a sexual thing, but rather a 'gender-bender' thing. I have gay friends and never considered discussing it with them, but I may. My perception has been that gays would view CD's as a strange group, too. Maybe I've been thinking incorrectly.

Adriana Moretti
02-12-2014, 09:29 AM
donna how far south east are you...Atlanta has a good community

Jenniferathome
02-12-2014, 09:46 AM
How does one find a "local LGBT group"? I never thought of crossdressers falling under the LGBT umbrella as that tends to be based on sexual orientation. ...

The "T" is for Transgender and is just a catchall for cross dressers, transsexuals, others. Just Google it. Here's what I found in two seconds: http://www.algbtical.org/2A%20ALA%20ACTIVE.htm

CD_DIANE
02-12-2014, 09:55 AM
I would tend to think there are more groups than just this one.. Take a look on meetup.com.
Just a suggestion....

http://www.meetup.com/North-Florida-Crossdresser-Transgender-Social-Meetup-Group/

Hugs,
Diane

Lynn Marie
02-12-2014, 10:45 AM
Having CD girlfriends is absolutely priceless. I've been out with as many as 20 gorgeous ladies and as few as 2 of us. It's always a delightful experience. Sexualy, I prefer women, but CD girlfriends are so much fun and bring along very little baggage. Lots of clothing and heels, but very little baggage!

JamieQ
02-12-2014, 11:31 AM
I would start right here. That is how I done it. Matter of fact I am waiting for Tracii who I met here as I type this. Another friend I met on here will be here but probably a bit late for me. I am a few hours from home but I had some official business to attend to. I say do not let age or something silly like that matter. Depending on where you live you might have to drive a ways to meet...I do...and its worth every mile...

Barbie Anne
02-12-2014, 11:43 AM
I used to wonder about this a lot and one of my gay friends suggested I go out with him to his favorite lgbt type bar. I told him but you know I'm not gay, what if some guys hit on me. He straight up just told me to accept the compliment gracefully and tell them "Sorry dear I'm a lesbian".....it worked and you know the issue has never been pushed and most folks in the lgbt community are very accepting. Comes from searching for acceptance for themselves.
I've since gotten to where I'll accept a drink/dance whatever and find it quite flattering.
Also my wife gets a kick out of watching me blush lol

kev.wong140
02-12-2014, 12:25 PM
It's perhaps harder in Vancouver, BC. I have not managed to connect with anyone who is from here, and there are no meetup groups.

Katie_89
02-12-2014, 12:44 PM
I'd love to know other dressers. I'm way too nervous for that yet.

Patty F
02-12-2014, 01:09 PM
I have seen the same the same attitude as AKADonna the lgbt like girls on girls and guys on guys but for someone to dress as the other, that's just weird to them.

Kate Simmons
02-12-2014, 01:10 PM
It's easy in my area as the LGBT resort I go to to dance has a TG/CD themed weekend about four times a year. A lot of girls from all over attend that.You may also see if there are any TG Orgs that meet in your local area by googling, such as Tri-Ess or Renaissance.:)

JamieQ
02-12-2014, 05:45 PM
[QUOTEI have not managed to connect with anyone who is from here, and there are no meetup groups.[/QUOTE

Same here for me. Someone suggested that I start a group for my area. I am not able to do that currently due a many reasons...so I drive a ways to meet...:)

Bev06 GG
02-12-2014, 06:03 PM
We looked and found a support group that was only an hour away from our home. It was really good to meet other like minded people.

flogo920
02-12-2014, 08:04 PM
Skip the Personal ads- have tried a number of them sans success; there are 20-50 times as male to CDs and most of them seem to want unattached no strings quick anonymous sex.

Hugs,
\
Flo

AKADonna
02-13-2014, 09:53 AM
Per the recommendations above, I made contact with the TRI-ESS group in Atlanta last night and they forwarded me their info and meeting guide, etc. They are really focused in a great way as a support group and I look forward to hopefully getting to attend an upcoming meeting! I will report back on my experience! Thanks so much for the direction. I already feel like I am no longer "alone" in my feminine feelings! This should carry my involvement in the CD community well beyond posting on this forum and to a whole new and exciting, personal level!

Cathern Kelly
02-17-2014, 04:06 PM
I lived in Birmingham Al about 15 yrs ago. It was hard to find someone to interact with, What I did was befriend GG who owned a wig shop. She knew a lot of the CDs in the metro area She introduced me to another CD in the Birmingham area. We got together several times over the 6 month time space I was there. Maybe this helps.

AKADonna
02-17-2014, 04:35 PM
Thanks, Cathern! After making the contact with the TRI-ESS group as recommended above, I have since had phone conversation with 5 of their members who will be at the monthly support group meeting. 2 of them live very close to me and I feel like I've already made some important contacts. Having that behind me, I am feeling all the more confident about dressing up en femme and going to the meeting in a couple of weeks! Thanks to all who helped. I will report on my experiences at the TRI-ESS meeting on March 8-9th.

Sometimes Steffi
02-17-2014, 11:42 PM
I guess that I'm lucky being in DC. I'm in several groups that meet regularly and I'm often out with 30 or more CDs, TSs, SO and supporters. I have pictures, but it would be too hard to get everyone's permission to post. Here's a couple of pics with only 5 of us that was already posted:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?204293-Soiree-night-in-Virginia

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?204625-Members-All!&highlight=

The first person I met FtF is from here. And she introduced me to 2 people and they to 2 more people.

Once I had a business trip to Denver, and PM'd the leader of a TG Meetup group there to see if anyone was going out. I met up with her and about 20 other girls at a local restaurant, and then to a closed door TG shopping trip for us only.

She even arranged to pick me up at my hotel, since my colleague had the car.

I've also gone to the Keystone Conference for the last 2 years. There were about 400 girls at Keystone 2013 and I'm going to Keystone 2014 this March

windycissy
02-17-2014, 11:48 PM
PM girls here who seem sympatico and live near you. I've made wonderful friends that way. Of course it helps to be close to a welcoming city like San Francisco. If you travel a lot, reach out to CD'ers in TG friendly places. Sharing email addresses and getting to know folks before you meet takes the stress out of it.