PDA

View Full Version : Pretty CDs

AnnaBMarie
02-12-2014, 06:25 PM
I just went to the prettycd.tumblr website and I feel so inadequate! My goodness there are some unbelievably gorgeous girls around us.

Beverley Sims
02-12-2014, 06:54 PM
I would not worry, you probably look as good as the rest of us here. :)

lovetobedani
02-12-2014, 07:03 PM
We're all pretty in our own way.

Eryn
02-12-2014, 07:32 PM
I'm not all that pretty, but I still have fun expressing myself in the way I want.

Helen Grandeis
02-12-2014, 07:37 PM
As Mr Miagi said pointing at his hands,"karate not here Danielsan" then pointing to his heart, "karate here".
Few of us will be Bond girls; however, many of us, if not most of us can aspire to be a reasonable approximation of a female of similar age and pass well enough to not draw attention to ourselves. Many may pass even under closer scrutiny. Being a beauty does not ensure passing especially if careless gestures or talking betray you instantly.

Edyta_C
02-12-2014, 07:40 PM
Oh to be young again! It is easier for one to look like those girls if if have young skin and a young head of hair.

Edy

Danielle/Mo
02-12-2014, 08:15 PM
I am not even going to look at the site. All it will do is depress me.

5150 Girl
02-12-2014, 08:44 PM
There used to be a thing on line called the VC, or, Vanity Club. As i recall, one had to meet a standard, and be nominated by a member to get in. I'm gonna see if it's still there when I leave here.

Adriana Moretti
02-12-2014, 08:46 PM
im affraid to look...to be 17 again and have the internet at your fingertips (sigh)

5150 Girl
02-12-2014, 09:01 PM
Yep, the VC is still there!
http://www.vanityclub.com/

Launa
02-12-2014, 09:06 PM
Don't feel inadequate, those are just the super models of us.

BLUE ORCHID
02-12-2014, 09:19 PM
Hi Anna, CDs' just like GGs' come in all sizes & shapes and all degrees of beauty.

devida
02-12-2014, 09:20 PM
I was quite unhappy when I was young and beautiful. I would trade my youthful skin, discomfort and insecurity for my wrinkles, male pattern baldness and sheer unmitigated happiness at being who I am any day. I love to look at the young and transgendered and follow the tumblrs gender fork and ungendered all the time but I really, really, don't want to be them.

Brooklyn
02-12-2014, 11:07 PM
You know, I'm still on a couple of websites like that. It makes no real difference; I have the same issues that most people here have.

MissTee
02-12-2014, 11:25 PM
Heck, I look every bit as good as they do . . . .

{when I close my eyes and imagine r-e-a-l-l-y hard}:D

Lynn Marie
02-13-2014, 12:39 AM
I studiously avoid comparing myself to other CDs. It's a fool's game. Present well, do your best, and own your surroundings. That's how classy old broads have so dang much fun.

BillieAnneJean
02-13-2014, 01:54 AM
Never mind what anyone looks like. As long as you are having a good time and are happy with what nature supplied, or at least not too disappointed, then be happy! There will always be someone who looks better, has a longer boat, a faster plane, a newer house, a fancy cell phone, a designer outfit. But we must be happy with what we have got to work with. So never set your happiness on what anyone else has or looks like. Never feel inadequate. Find your best assets and play them up while minimizing anything else.

This is SO MUCH FUN that I choose to enjoy it perfectly even if my (insert item here) is not perfect.

I am having a great time!

Stephanie47
02-13-2014, 02:37 AM
I've checked out several of the sites which post pictures of some extremely beautiful cross dressers. Not all of them are raving beauties, but, very attractive. It's a matter of presentation. I know pictures cannot show poise. Look around and you'll see many women in different sizes and shapes. Anyone's presentation can be enhanced by taking care of oneself. I enjoy being tastefully attired in a pretty dress, heels, hosiery and proper undergarments. Like any GG work with what you have.

julie marie1
02-13-2014, 03:50 AM
At my age I am not looking for pretty, just convincing.

Zylia
02-13-2014, 04:08 AM
Not too shabby, but I'm also pretty sure a few of them are either "GG's" or have had HRT/FFS which obviously means they're not 'just' cross-dressers. The whole nature of Tumblr is that no-one checks and verifies their sources or gives proper attribution.

Case in point: Famous (and indeed pretty) Hollywood actress Emma Stone (http://prettycd.tumblr.com/post/74134361640/pretty) is on this Tumblr. Take this selection with a grain of salt.

Katey888
02-13-2014, 05:00 AM
There will always be someone who looks better, has a longer boat, a faster plane, a newer house, a fancy cell phone, a designer outfit.

Someone has a faster plane than me!!! Who??? Where??? Point me at 'em and I'll twang their bra and pull their wig off... :)

Seriously, BillieAnnJean and most of you are right about this - after all, what we're doing is not a voluntary entry to a good looking competition is it? I was never going to be really good at squash, so eventually I stopped playing - I'm just going to have to do my best with this because it's not going to let me go... no choice.

Do your best, have fun, be happy! :cheer:

Katey x

Marcelle
02-13-2014, 05:23 AM
Hi Anna,

I would not get too wrapped up on comparing oneself to others as it will drive a sane person insane. I agree with Zylia on this point . . . sometimes a picture is just a picture and it can be altered (photoshop) to erase less than flattering blemishes, alter bone structure, enhance eyes . . . yata, yata, yata. Fashion magazines have been doing this for years. If some the gals are legitimate then we are most likely talking about very young T-Gals who probably look feminine with and without make-up . . . give them about 10 years and I doubt they will be on prettycd.

In the end we (CDers) like all humans come in a wide variety of shapes, sizes and looks . . . who determines what PrettyCD means? . . . I am in the club and I didn't get a ballot to vote so I am not going to pay them any attention. As far as I am concerned we are all pretty until someone shows me definitive proof what pretty means. :)

Hugs

Isha

natcrys
02-13-2014, 08:20 AM
One can go insane if ya keep comparing yourself to others. :bonk:

As Zylia has pointed out.. some of these photos are of actual GG's and/or T*'s on HRT. Now, I can moisturize all that I want (and trust me, I do.. ) but my skin will never be as smooth and soft as those of my friends who are GG or TS.

Also, do remember with a lot of these pics.. you only get to see the person in the best pose, best light, most flattering angle.. some even add a pinch of Photoshop. Even with supermodels like Doutzen Kroes or Miranda Kerr.. they take a truckload of shots.. and pick one for the magazine cover or ad campaign.

If you use that as comparison material when you look at yourself in the mirror.. you're bound to feel like crap! Just look at the teenage girls these days.

I do love looking at pretty girls (whatever flavour), because they inspire me and give me great ideas. :)

CarlaWestin
02-13-2014, 08:28 AM
I was quite unhappy when I was young and beautiful. I would trade my youthful skin, discomfort and insecurity for my wrinkles, male pattern baldness and sheer unmitigated happiness at being who I am any day. I love to look at the young and transgendered and follow the tumblrs gender fork and ungendered all the time but I really, really, don't want to be them.

Age and treachery always triumphs over youth and vigor!

Let's see how those little trollops look when they get our age!

Barbie Anne
02-13-2014, 08:35 AM
Well said Carla :) 49 now and I can still rock a lbd or tight short tennis outfit but I actually have to work at it now, and it no long comes naturally like back then. I have a love hate relationship with my excercise bike, but it does give me an excuse to wear my sexy running shorts and tops.........good with the bad I guess.

Laura
02-13-2014, 08:38 AM
As long as you look better than these two, who cares?

Barbie Anne
02-13-2014, 08:46 AM
Oh I don't know, those gowns are lovely with the high lace collars and those Marie Antoinette wigs, but sadly they don't go with the 5 oclock shadows. >:)

MsVal
02-13-2014, 08:58 AM
It's really okay with me that someone has a faster car, bigger house, fatter bank account, lower golf score.... better presentation. I actually enjoy looking at their treasures and talking with the owners' about them.

I am retired now, and in all my years I have never had the best of anything. I've had "pretty good" on occasion and know how much time/money/effort it took to get to that modest point and maintain it. It was not trivial.

I choose to live my life being satisfied with having a lot of "adequate" things rather than one or two "amazing" things.

(You have an amazing '65 ChrisCraft cabin cruiser. You say it was a five year restoration project? Tell me about it.)

Best wishes
MsVal

kendra_gurl
02-13-2014, 09:05 AM
I took a very quick look at the site and the first impression I got was of 20's and 30's something men dressed like 18 year old girls at underage clubs.
Yes there are a few who look very nice but really? Most of them are very easy read. One common theme I did notice is the trend there to have small to medium size boobs that are in the correct position instead of to large and too high.

BillieAnneJean
02-13-2014, 09:12 AM
There is an on line magazine, Frockmagazine.com, that has extraordinarily beautiful CDers and one that, through her flaws, gives the magazine some necessary balance. She writes a column for each issue and her pictures are in there. Her articles and pictures are about the more typical CDer. It really is just to balance the magazine.....gorgeous -- to -- ME!

adrienner99
02-13-2014, 09:26 AM
This post makes me think of real women and the feelings they must have when they stand next to some knockout.....I have felt plenty of envy looking at gorgeous CDs, but I have a feeling GGs feel it on a whole different level..

Jaylyn
02-13-2014, 09:45 AM
Pretty is only an illusion of your mind. We all have scenes that we think are pretty and the next person thinks what the heck are they seeing in that picture. I love a morning sunrise sitting in a deer blind watching the deer feed, the bird call as it starts up the wilderness valley and culminates in an official sunrise. My wife has different visions of what pretty is. She thinks a new born baby is pretty. I think a new born baby is a gift from God but a long ways from being pretty. Lol let me tell you pretty really only is as pretty does as mother used to say. She was referring to some of my younger girl friends I thought I was in love with. I dated one in college that had been Miss Teen Age New Mexico. Drop down Gorgeous and I mean very pretty on the out side. She showed how pretty she really was one night when I glanced in the direction of another gal. Cursed me out and called me everything in the book, I then realized what mom said was right. I then found my soul mate about two gals later and wow what a difference, not as physical pretty as the first one but to me she was the prettiest one I had ever met. We had so much fun together. We were truly soul mates and after forty something years of being together she is still pretty as ever. As many have said on this post beauty is only an outside thing. Look at the whole package before ya buy in to it. The young would be wise to heed this advice. As Pink. F said the participant ribbon sometimes is the best. I'll take age, maturity, and an inner beauty anytime over young and flighty. I believe that we have many here that fit the inner beauty part. I love this site.

Lexi_83
02-13-2014, 10:49 AM
I never know whether to feel discouraged or encouraged when I see girls like that!

AnnaBMarie
02-13-2014, 12:01 PM
I hope everyone knows I was being a little tongue-in-cheek with my reference to how beautiful they are. While I am admittedly somewhat envious of how well they transform, I'm comfortable enough in my own skin. We are each aspiring to fulfill our own dreams in our own way.

Karren H
02-13-2014, 12:06 PM
Personally I would rather go look at a pretty womens website..... trying to emulate a copy makes me a copy of a copy and if you have tried to scan in old paper copies.... they start getting pretty ugly! lol

KimCal
03-04-2014, 03:58 AM
Welcome to the world of what genetic females go though.

Jenny Elwood
03-04-2014, 04:11 AM
I nominate myself for the uglycd.tumblr centre spread.

Majella St Gerard
03-04-2014, 07:21 AM
cool site

melissakozak
03-04-2014, 07:54 AM
Being pretty has some advantages, and it has some disadvantages....becoming a mere sex object is one of the disadvantages....getting compliments is an advantage. Getting hit on is fun BUT after awhile, it gets to be a pain....get the picture...

noeleena
03-04-2014, 08:15 AM
Hi.

Adrienner,

Its when you are the woman and you dont look like many i have seen ( dresser's ) and you know you look like muck standing next to them then and only then youll know what its like, thats maybe why i dont like my photos taken near them,

I dont envy or feel jelouse towards them because i know when it comes down to the bottom line the difference is then shown and i wont compare my self to them i know they have something i dont, you can take that two ways, both phisical and looking like a woman,

i know when iv shown photos i'v taken of dresser's to my women friends they thought they looked very beautifull and looked far better than my friends, then i told them all the photos are of men i know who were dressed for a ball. they thought i was joking , not so. so it was a wow,

i know some of my women friends who would struggle to look as good or even better, so not all of us are in the running for the fashon stakes, , i know myself i would not even bother, ill do the photos and thats it,

Just thought i am on a forum that all the dresser's have the look makeup hair and all done just so right, i wont show my face any were id feel totaly embarrised out of place and very uncomfotable apart from why would i wont to any way, i cant show my beauty its hidden you have to work with me to find it,
any ways.....

...noeleena...

Krisi
03-04-2014, 08:26 AM
Not everything on the Internet is what it seems. Crossdressers could easily post photos of real women and claim it's them. Even real crossdresser photos may be the best pick of a hundred photos.

In real life very few women qualify as really "hot". The same goes for men. How many of us look like that handsome movie star?

melissakozak
03-04-2014, 08:34 AM
Unfortunately, many of us get caught in the looking good trap. It is our soul that counts....:)

Beth Wilde
03-04-2014, 09:19 AM
It's never been about looks for me. Yes some people happen to look good but it is very possible to be gorgeous and deeply unhappy! I'm happy and dressing is one of the things that keeps me that way. I'll settle for average or even "Warthog-scaringly-ugly" but happy, over "beautiful but miserable" any day!

Of course if you happen to be gorgeous and rich and married to the worlds richest most sexy guy and you're thin and long legged and good at make up and have a great fashion sense AND you're happy, then I would obviously feel compelled to hate you with all the venom I could muster!! :heehee: :D

Jordan
03-04-2014, 09:40 AM
Its not how we look its whats in your heart

lauren_m
03-15-2014, 04:19 PM
I just went to the prettycd.tumblr website and I feel so inadequate! My goodness there are some unbelievably gorgeous girls around us.

I wouldn't have to view that site to feel inadequate; the girls here do a fine enough job of that! :)

(Of course, none of us should truly feel "inadequate" -- it's just a silly way of saying "holy smokes, they look so beautiful, I wish I looked half as good!")

Sometimes Steffi
03-15-2014, 10:18 PM
I may not be pretty, but I try really hard. Fortunately, I'm of reasonably average hight and am close to weight proportional to height.

And I can honestly say that I'm hormone free and surgery free, How many of those girls can say that.

Plus with photoshop tricks and low resolution pix, thay could look like anything IRL.

Suzanne F
03-15-2014, 10:55 PM
Beth
I love that quote. I already hate you!
Love
Suzanne

Ginger Jameson
03-16-2014, 12:17 AM
Don't let it get to you. If it's anything like the modeling world, a lot of those girls don't look like their pictures. Lighting, professional quality makeup, camera angles, and photoshop can do incredible things.

Anna H
03-16-2014, 12:34 AM
Yep, there's some Pretty-Pretty Girls there....gotta give'm credit.

But I'm old and happy. Can't ask for more than that...

(well...the "happy" part...LOL!)

:happy:

Emilyl
03-16-2014, 01:57 PM
I think it's about how pretty you feel by dressing up and being Feminine.

Isabella77
03-16-2014, 03:43 PM
They do have some really pretty girls on there. :battingeyelashes::battingeyelashes: If only I could lose about 4 inches and 50 lbs. Maybe I could get my picture up there.

monika
03-16-2014, 05:30 PM
Found some of my pics there, and I have never submitted any..
But I saw many girls there that I know are fulltime now.
And many of the others might be on hormones, so it is not just crossdressers on there.

lingerieLiz
03-17-2014, 12:11 AM
that is one real problem with the internet today. Post a picture and it may well be stollen. Girls are having their faces used on nude models. Who know some here may be stollen also.

Tanya+
03-17-2014, 08:21 AM
I love the ambiguity of being a straight guy turned on looking at some of these gorgeous Xdressed girls. Not-so-straight? Labels are starting to breakdown a little. One day i will master makeup and don a wig and i will squeeze myself into the tightest corset and tease the world like these hussies.

FeliciaCDSNJ
03-17-2014, 09:15 AM
Yeah after looking at that, I think I'll hide my head under a rock. There are some gorgeous girls on that site, makes me feel like Quasimodo.

Babbs
03-17-2014, 01:13 PM
Please, I dress up, look in the mirror and I am so much prettier than I was before I dressed! I win! So do all you ladies!

CD Stephanie
03-25-2014, 09:52 AM
I think we're all prettier dressed :)

tiffany_ann
03-25-2014, 08:23 PM
It is nice to see something to work towards

Lexi_83
03-31-2014, 01:45 PM
Found some of my pics there, and I have never submitted any..
But I saw many girls there that I know are fulltime now.
And many of the others might be on hormones, so it is not just crossdressers on there.You have an amazing wardrobe!

Diana81
03-31-2014, 06:59 PM
I prefer not to see them!!! But well, with a professional make-up artist, good clothing, professional photographer, good lightning, photoshop, plus hormones in some cases... we would all look like superstars!

dana digs sweaters
03-31-2014, 07:53 PM
I think we're all prettier dressed :)

Most certainly indeed Stephanie :)

Nikki50/50
04-01-2014, 03:14 AM
Wow. Another thread about the beautiful people...
I've always viewed these as little more than a "Who's the Most Passable" pageant. I feel compelled to point out that I've seen
CDs with absolutely zero "good looks" insofar as traditional views of attractiveness go, pull off being a woman in every way,
even upon close scrutiny. I have also seen CDs possessed of the most beautifully done super-model looks get called out and
revealed. That being said, I will go on to add that I see every last one of us as Pretty. As Beautiful. As colourfully deep and
imaginative as any person CAN be... We make ourselves as our hearts are. So when I see threads like this one, I cringe. Not
because I'm not so high on the pretty list, but because it means as many as deemed 'Pretty' will mean just as many will be
judged and found wanting.
I'm sorry to sound like party-pooper, just placing my two cents on the runway.

MetalGurl
04-01-2014, 06:27 PM
Man, you aren't joking. Hopefully one day I'll be able to be dedicated enough to get close to that.

It's truly amazing to see a transformation like that. I don't feel "envy" but I do find it encouraging. But hey, some people are also blessed with more workable body types as well. But as long as you're happy with how you look and you feel pretty when you're dressed, I see nothing wrong with that.

sheilagirl
04-01-2014, 06:35 PM
I studiously avoid comparing myself to other CDs. It's a fool's game. Present well, do your best, and own your surroundings. That's how classy old broads have so dang much fun.

Right On, Lynn Marie! After 50 years, I finally get it!

Anna Abwaerts
04-01-2014, 08:55 PM
Deffo some real GGs there, spotted right on the first page.

Daphne Renee
04-01-2014, 11:41 PM
I took a look there. Some were pretty some not that great.

5150 Girl
04-02-2014, 10:34 AM
Some of those sites, (Like the VC) have admittance standards. (or they claim they do anyway) I always thought it would be cool to be accepted into one of those sites just as kind of an affirmation..

Ume123
04-02-2014, 11:06 AM
Glancing down at the pics with these posts I see some pretty CDs. Go girl u sexxie hotties!

JessicaKasey
04-02-2014, 04:57 PM
There are contributing factors to looking good in photos. What you're wearing, make-up and hair are the obvious ones. The not-so-obvious ones are photo angle, lighting, pose used and colour.

mechamoose
04-02-2014, 05:24 PM
Confidence is attractive, remember that.

- MM

MssHyde
04-02-2014, 05:40 PM
I wasn't going to look at the link, but the devil made me do it.. I have to confess some were real eye candy...
(gave me a toothache they looked so sweet) some are really blessed... I think I'll have a glass or two of wine now.

LelaK
04-02-2014, 07:11 PM
I saw a Youtube video of a bunch of great looking CDs a few days ago, so I guess I don't need to see the site.

I agree that we all look better in pretty girls' clothes. At least I think so.

Our greatest possession is Good Taste. I exaggerate, but I feel that's why we dress etc. We're blessed with very Good Taste. And we make some effort to live up to our potential beauty. If humans really evolved from apes, just imagine how much we've progressed! Life has Good Taste too. If it weren't for that, we'd all still be ugly hairy things. Of course, ugliness is often beautiful too, or at least cute.

Our bodies are our vehicles, not our basic selves. We tend to identify with our vehicles, but we're much more than that, and our potential for real beauty is unlimited.

Even the best looking body has some eye sores. But we can usually find a way to cover them up. We certainly don't need to identify with them. It's better to identify with the ideal, instead of the temporary present.

Si?

mechamoose
04-02-2014, 07:16 PM
I love the ambiguity of being a straight guy turned on looking at some of these gorgeous Xdressed girls. Not-so-straight? Labels are starting to breakdown a little. One day i will master makeup and don a wig and i will squeeze myself into the tightest corset and tease the world like these hussies.

Denial is't just a river in Egypt, sweetie!

I guess some 'het' guys find it easier to be attracted to pretty little things who happen to have 'something extra' than it is to appreciate a big hunky guy. Even though the 'things you do' are the same.

A lot of times I wish I could be one of those pretty little things.

- MM