PDA

View Full Version : I have noticed that many crossdressers dress younger than their male side years

Roli F
02-13-2014, 03:42 PM
I think in my case it seems that I have a 30% female side, She acts 25 to 26 unlike my 50+ years I think its because she only gets 30 % of the time to dress/exist so she is 70% younger. does anyone else concur

Adriana Moretti
02-13-2014, 03:46 PM
interesting math Roli...i dress a few years younger...but not too much that it looks like its a costume, it is important to dress somewhat close to your age if you are heading outside.... but if you never plan on setting foot outdoors ever ..do what makes you happy , have fun with it.Enjoy yourself

Katey888
02-13-2014, 03:46 PM
Completely! :D

Katey has a lot of years to make up but I'm not going to let her miss that 25-35 bracket when... well... they're just highlight years for me... :cheer:

I don't really dress my age as a guy - I'm darned sure it ain't happening as a girl... :cheer:

Katey x

Barbara Maria
02-13-2014, 03:54 PM
As my male counterpart,if I live until June,I'll be 60,and look and feel every minute of it.As Barbara,I look and feel about 45.That's why I dress younger.I like what I see in the mirror as Barbara(don't like seeing my male counterpart at all). I love feeling young(er),pretty and feminine.

MaryBeth29
02-13-2014, 03:56 PM
While I pretty much dress my age, I'm 30 now, I don't think I would ever dress to look much older. When I dress, I want to dress like the girls I'm attracted to, and that just happens to be young (25-35) professional women.

StacyPump
02-13-2014, 04:05 PM
I definitely dress younger than my age. I know it's not the same for everyone, but I don't go out, so I don't have a real need to fit in and pass in public. For me, it is all about feeling pretty and sexy and having fun!

Ivy Lee
02-13-2014, 04:15 PM
It would be rather hard for this to apply to me because i do go out often and im 20 so dressing younger would be kind of hard.

Adriana Moretti
02-13-2014, 04:17 PM
ivy thats what im saying...lol any younger and it would be a child molesters dream....but if you are older say in your 50's or 60's...dressing like a 30 or 40 year old is not too much of a stretch guess it depends on your age

anaissa
02-13-2014, 04:34 PM
Hi Roli. When I was a younger CD, I was forever chasing after the image of a sophisticated, confident woman. As I got older I began dressing in flirty, more provocative outfits. Years later I am most comfortable dressing in a manner that is best suited for the venue where I'm at. When I'm at a club or party I like to wear short skirts and mini-dresses; When I am lounging with my girlfriends, I dress comfortably in sweaters and jeans. Shopping excursions typically find me choosing classic suits and traditional dresses.

And once again I find myself rambling. Sorry ladies.

Lorileah
02-13-2014, 04:37 PM
is there a over 50 department because I only buy clothing in the misses department. Is that for young women?

Samantha_Smile
02-13-2014, 04:38 PM
I dress younger than my age sometimes, but at 31, it can't be that much younger right?
But, I also dress older on occasion too (again, not by a great margin), so I don't know what to tell you. :)

JazT95
02-13-2014, 04:38 PM
I'm similar with Ivy, if I tried to dress any younger, I would be forever living in fairytale fancydress (which doesn't sound like a bad idea imo :) )

Zylia
02-13-2014, 04:39 PM
I'm (dressed as) a guy probably 95% of the time and I'm 29, so I guess I'm going to have to dress 'Zylia' like a toddler now? :D

Barbie Anne
02-13-2014, 04:42 PM
That's a completely different web site dear :D

Zylia
02-13-2014, 04:55 PM
Well, not 'completely' different, just less threads about panties and more threads about diapers :D I think it was one of the SO's on this board (who unfortunately is MIA) who made a pretty astute comparison between cross-dressers and 'adult babies'. Someone should start a thread on that.

Anyway, wildly off topic. To answer the question: while 'en femme' I try to stay within the same age range as me 'en homme'. Fortunately, 'late twenties' is a great age to dress up as.

Annaliese
02-13-2014, 04:59 PM
It growing stages, I am getting to dress more to my age now it take time.

ArleneRaquel
02-13-2014, 05:06 PM
To me dressed younger when enfemme is a fabulous & liberating experience.

Stephanie47
02-13-2014, 05:11 PM
I dress thirty years my junior based on the models that are used to sell the dresses I wear. The guy clothes I wear run the age range of thirty years of age on up.

Barbie Anne
02-13-2014, 05:11 PM
lol Zylia. In answer to the actual topic I can't say I dress to any specific age group's style guidelines. If it looks good and feels good and doesn't look rediculous, (allthough I have gone that route on purpose in the past), I wear it.
I have a thing about looking hideous when I dress, even if nobody but me sees it. Doesn't look right I don't wear it.
That being said I have many ranges of outfits, clothes and under clothes in many styles from mini skirts to smart pant suits to formal dresses/gowns. My mirror is my wife and I trust her as she's never steered me wrong. She don't like it and it don't go on this bod :) Have to get some pics up soon as I can't go out where I live and it's the only way,(for now), that Barbie can shine with friends. Hugs to all

Jenniferathome
02-13-2014, 05:12 PM
I do think that makeup can take a few years off but age appropriate is always a good choice when going out. Age appropriate can be sexy, sylish and totally comfortable.

teri g
02-13-2014, 06:11 PM
I'm with Jennifer on this one. All ages have a sexy style that's age appropriate.

darla_g
02-13-2014, 06:28 PM
I always figure that if i can pretend to be female i can also pretend to be a bit younger than i am.

Erica Anne
02-13-2014, 06:54 PM
I just dress in what I like and feels good to wear, regardless of what age it is to portray or mean to be. I love my maids dresses which look more like adult little girl dresses but the waist is where it should be. Those are the things I was denied as a child so there are no rules on what you must wear. If I were to dress my age en-femme I would be bored with the clothes as to me they look no different to men's wear. I refuse to dress like my mother. When I get to the point that I can no longer fit into what I like, I will stick with the dresses. To each there own, I am myself and I do not care if someone younger than me say I am too old for that. TS.

Another point, men do not age as quickly as most women. they reach a point where age takes longer to show.

kristalcarlisle33
02-13-2014, 08:15 PM
I also dress with whatever feels good but I guess mostly I tend to dress a little younger. I'm in my late 30s but enfemme I think I'm still much younger and so sometimes younger clothes just seem to fit.

S. Lisa Smith
02-13-2014, 09:05 PM
I have seen women around my age dress like I do...so I guess I don't dress younger.

Marcelle
02-13-2014, 09:08 PM
I think in my case it seems that I have a 30% female side, She acts 25 to 26 unlike my 50+ years I think its because she only gets 30 % of the time to dress/exist so she is 70% younger. does anyone else concur

Hi Roli,

Love the creative statistics which leads to 70% younger so I will concur. However, the pragmatist in me . . . okay truth be told . . . my wife . . . sounds the voice of reason for me "Age appropriate sweetie boy or girl" So alas no skateboarder pants and hoodies "en boy" for me or mini skirts and halter tops for me "en girl".

Hugs

Isha

ShelbyDawn
02-13-2014, 09:10 PM
OK, so my calendar age is 50+ but I took this internet quiz that says I am only 32, and you know if its on the internet it has to be true, so which age do I consider when trying to figure out if I am dressing younger than my actual age?

devida
02-13-2014, 09:20 PM
I dunno, my wife and I have always dressed pretty much the same - mostly black clothes and tee shirts with monsters, skulls, samurai and such. Leather if its cold. Bamboo and modal if it isn't. We haven't changed that much in 30 years. I'm wearing more tight compression clothes these days and more tunics and dresses but I really mostly just look like my wife. I have no intention of wearing age appropriate clothes. Why would I? Nothing else I do is age appropriate, whatever that means.

suchacutie
02-13-2014, 09:26 PM
It all depends....when in Rome. ..

I don't see anything wrong with wearing anything in the privacy of my home.

Outside of that, it's venue specific. I wouldn't wear jeans to a symphony concert, nor my doleman sleeved top that's just long enough to be an incredibly short dress, even though it would work if I were 22! I like to feel comfortable in whatever setting so I dress to that end.

Barbie Anne
02-13-2014, 09:27 PM
It all depends....when in Rome. ..

I don't see anything wrong with wearing anything in the privacy of my home.

Outside of that, it's venue specific. I wouldn't wear jeans to a symphony concert, nor my doleman sleeved top that's just long enough to be an incredibly short dress, even though it would work if I were 22! I like to feel comfortable in whatever setting so I dress to that end.
Well said Tina.

Leslie Iz
02-13-2014, 09:28 PM
I would say I dress according to how I feel, I like to look like women I like or what I have seen them wear. I still like the 50's classic dress look or 80s skirt and blouse ensemble. I dress to what makes me feel feminine not to neccessarily seem like a younger age. Being 46 and 6'6" I could never go out in public and pass but if you saw my long legs you would swear they were XX. I know nothing of todays fashion and that is okay, my mind is still in the 70's and of my own choosing I never left. Bell Bottoms, chokers and corduroy here we come!

Kate Simmons
02-13-2014, 09:40 PM
Yeah I'm guilty of that. I'm 66 but dress like I'm 45. Totally scandalous, right? :P:)

CarlaWestin
02-13-2014, 10:07 PM
I always dress younger than my advanced age. 58 and climbing. There seems to be a gratification from being able to emulate a symbol of desire. Sexy, buxom, youthful. Sometimes crossdressing is the adult swim in the fountain of youth. But, hey! Woman do it to! Here in Las Vegas the 'Malibu Barbie turns 70' look is everywhere. I sorta fit right in.

sometimes_miss
02-13-2014, 10:09 PM
My female part/persona/mind whatever you want to call it, is stuck in early adolescence; while I have lots of theories why, it doesn't change what I want to wear. I'm 50 now, but have always wanted to wear clothes that a girl in her early teens does. School uniforms, cheerleader outfits, etc., all things that can be found in the 'Juniors' section at the stores. If you want the theory that supports it, read the link in my sig.

Annaliese2010
02-13-2014, 10:14 PM
Makes sense to me. Age a relative thing. Hell, nowadays 60 is the new 40. I mean if you got the looks. Because that's what it's all about, am I wrong? Pretty is pretty and if you're not? Well....I dunno What, actually. Horrid thought.

Beverley Sims
02-13-2014, 10:14 PM
You can make figures and statistics work for you all the time.
I used to dress younger than my age because when I was 25 I was still being asked for ID in bars.
A looked like an eighteen year old blonde at age 25.

Jilmac
02-13-2014, 10:19 PM
I have been told that when I'm dressed I look ten to fifteen years younger than my actual age and that makes me feel good about the girl inside me.

KaceyR
02-13-2014, 10:30 PM
Well... Kacey's only..... ~4 months old for me soo... Diapers it is!
:D

I guess my bit of chin in the face forces me to not present _too_ young..
That being said, I've felt I've missed out on a good part of my life for the last couple of decades.
And since the majority of presentation is artificial I figure I'll try for a bit young as possible.
(Always was told I look younger than my 48 anyways so I try to make it work for me :))

But it is venue-specific. That's the primary control factor.

MonctonGirl
02-13-2014, 10:59 PM
Not even GGs want to be old ladies. lol Most GGs I see try to look younger than they are. Gosh, turn on the TV and all you see are cosmetics to make you look younger. None of them WORK of course... but the hope sells.

Being 46 and 6'6" I could never go out in public and pass

Sure you can ... wig, big sunglasses, and jacket that says "WOMEN'S ALUMNI BASKETBALL"

lingerieLiz
02-13-2014, 11:30 PM
Many here want to experience the missed years of experimenting and learning what girls experience as they grow up. I learned the same as my sisters did as they progressed through growing up. Maybe that is why I have always dressed my age. Well actually I wanted to have boobs at 12 and look older. After 30 I wanted to look younger the same as my sisters did. Today, I'm just happy to be alive.

Dressing as an older woman doesn't mean stretch pants and baggy top. I know many women who wear beautiful clothes and look sharp. It just means they don't shop in the teen departments. Let's face it we should wear clothes that make us look good and not outrageous. What goes on behind closed doors should remain there.

Audrey Sis
02-14-2014, 01:15 AM
As I live in a mild climate and a very casual locale, I dress "young" in male mode I suppose, lots of jeans or shorts and T-shirts or sleeveless Ts, with flip flops when the weather cooperates. But when the occasion calls for it, I suppose even my dressed up clothes are slightly on the young side in male mode. I just don't know what 50+ is "supposed to" feel like, lol. I don't try to look 25 (or 35 or 45), all GQ, but I don't do 3 piece suits, either.

That said, at home I often dress from the Juniors dept., in High heels. I want to feel sexy, so I do. I've gone out lately only to Halloween or exotic events, so could "get away" with nearly anything. Previously, and possibly in the future (DLV anyone?) I have and will dress appropriately for the day or evening outing or event. That said, I still will show off as much leg as I can! They're my best (and only) feature, heh. Oh, that reminds me, I'll get pics up pretty soon!

Eryn
02-14-2014, 01:28 AM
I think that the "dressing younger" thing could stem from several factors:

Some of us didn't start at a young age and we are sort of "making up for lost time." I have some things that I bought just to try privately and wouldn't think of wearing out the door.

Some of us, despite our age, are slim and narrow-hipped, proportions which lends itself more to Juniors or Missy sizes than Womens. These sizes are naturally styled younger. If they can wear it well, they should. A fiftysomething GG lucky enough to have that sort of figure would do the same.

Some of us just don't know better. Dressing appropriately comes with experience, and it's a much more demanding skill for women than men. Men dress to look like other men in a particular situation. Women strive to look different than other women, yet conform to some general standards that vary with their personal situation, including age. Learning what is age-appropriate takes experience and observation and the rules are constantly changing.

Lynn Marie
02-14-2014, 03:37 AM
When I started dressing, it was all about skin tight mini skirts. Then I took some videos of myself in different outfits, and the skin tight minis looked ridiculous on me. Now I dress well for a classy old broad who can go anywhere she likes and be accepted pretty much as such. I like to think of myself as a naughty librarian. It keeps me grounded yet playful.

prettytoes
02-14-2014, 05:08 AM
I absolutely fit into the "dressing younger" category! I am approaching 50, and my closet is filled with mini skirts...mostly denim. I also have some short shorts, and some really cute patterned and also lace tights. I also like sweater dresses with leggings, and most of my pajama sets come from the Juniors department (Tweety Bird, etc.). I like bright neon colors for socks and workout clothing. All of my jeans are low rise boot cut and fit pretty snug. I only wear women's jeans; they fit me better and they are far more comfortable.
I guess it makes me feel younger, and it's the style that I like.

Roli F
02-14-2014, 05:34 AM
Hi Isha
I think what I meant was that because she exists in a 70% less timescale, there is a reason for the younger portrayal. I have dressed age appropriate on occasions, but dressed younger have attracted many wolf whistles from my rear profile but never from the front profile, regards.
Hi Roli,

Love the creative statistics which leads to 70% younger so I will concur. However, the pragmatist in me . . . okay truth be told . . . my wife . . . sounds the voice of reason for me "Age appropriate sweetie boy or girl" So alas no skateboarder pants and hoodies "en boy" for me or mini skirts and halter tops for me "en girl".

Hugs

Isha

erickka
02-14-2014, 06:08 AM
As my male counterpart,if I live until June,I'll be 60,and look and feel every minute of it.As Barbara,I look and feel about 45.That's why I dress younger.I like what I see in the mirror as Barbara(don't like seeing my male counterpart at all). I love feeling young(er),pretty and feminine.

This is me, just subtract a couple of years in age!

Abigail Flame
02-14-2014, 09:16 AM
My female part/persona/mind whatever you want to call it, is stuck in early adolescence; while I have lots of theories why, it doesn't change what I want to wear. I'm 50 now, but have always wanted to wear clothes that a girl in her early teens does. School uniforms, cheerleader outfits, etc., all things that can be found in the 'Juniors' section at the stores. If you want the theory that supports it, read the link in my sig.

I just had a conversation with my therapist where I told her I felt silly sometime with how much I was enjoying things like cheerleader outfits and My Little Pony and she suggested that it was important to be okay with enjoying my new adolescence as I never got to experience it from this side of the street and it would be crucial in growing further.

In general though my preference is to dress near my age or slightly younger but fashion wise even at 40 that leaves plenty of trendy and fun fashions to enjoy.

melissakozak
02-14-2014, 09:34 AM
I dress however the occasion sees fit...to a club...short minidress...to the salon...jeans, a nice top and rather conservative attire...

Laura912
02-14-2014, 10:10 AM
Begin with the premise, "I never grew up and it is too late to start," even at 72, and one will see why the closet has all sorts of outfits, some of which may be age appropriate for the body in them and some of which are more suited to the age of the mind in the body.

Kristyn Hill
02-14-2014, 10:15 AM
I dress younger as a guy and a girl. I do not have enough girl clothes for outside the bedroom to determine my exact demographic age but I assume as I lose more weight and purchase more outfits, it will be younger.

StacyPump
02-14-2014, 10:33 AM
Like others have said, this is about me allowing myself the fantasy that I have repressed most of my life, and I have no desire to adhere to rules about what is "proper". If I were worried about was is "proper", or what most people think is "proper", then I wouldn't put the dress on in the first place!

Krististeph
02-14-2014, 11:55 AM
I like some younger styles, dresses and archetypical looks half my age.

As far as I am concerned, it is a reaction to missing out on a female raising.

CJRockett
02-14-2014, 11:56 AM
So far I seem to be right on par with my age!

Cheryl T
02-14-2014, 12:56 PM
Few women want to "dress their age" or look their age. We all prefer to present a younger appearance to the world.
I'm not one for overdoing it, but even my spouse tells me I look about 15+ years younger with hair and makeup, so why would I dress my age?

samantha rogers
02-14-2014, 01:30 PM
Doesn't it depend somewhat on what you can pull off? I mean, I guess I am fortunate because I am thin, and my face is younger looking than my age. In boi mode I am normally and regularly mistaken for much younger than my 61 years. My guy mode is normally skinny jeans, hoodys and a leather jacket, with jewelry. Sort of rock and roll. So, as expected, "Samantha" is much the same...tee hee.:battingeyelashes:
Only as young as you feel, I guess.:)

Jaymees22
02-14-2014, 01:52 PM
I figure since I'm not dressing to my gender than dressing to my age is irrelevant, anyway it just adds to the fun. Jaymee

MatildaJ.
02-14-2014, 01:53 PM
Some of us, despite our age, are slim and narrow-hipped, proportions which lends itself more to Juniors or Missy sizes than Womens. These sizes are naturally styled younger. If they can wear it well, they should. A fiftysomething GG lucky enough to have that sort of figure would do the same.

Recommending that people dress to suit their body type is good advice. But there's nothing especially "lucky" about having narrow hips as a woman. Make the most of your body, but no need to put down full-figured women in the process.

Hell on Heels
02-14-2014, 02:52 PM
I've dressed the same as a male my entire life, and it is interesting that we dress what is considered to be younger than our age. But who makes that determination anyway? Age is a number, not a feeling or lifestyle.
Having fun clothing isn't bad thing, Is it?
Much Love,
Kristyn

kendra_gurl
02-14-2014, 03:20 PM
My wife and I are the same age. I dress in a way that I Wished she would dress.

Other than looking like your wearing a costume or a very short mini skirt there really is not a lot of difference between what a 30 year old and a 60 year old female typically wears with the same body shape and structure. I notice there is more difference in hair styles and makeup techniques among ages than clothing.

Like the saying goes If you've got it flaunt it

Gee I hope the wife doesn't buy me granny panties from Wally World for valentines day cause I bought something sexy from Victoria's Secret.

Jamie Christopher
02-14-2014, 03:25 PM
Love your spunk Katey! I dress a bit younger also, and love it! Love skirts!

Jamie

Dianne S
02-14-2014, 03:27 PM
I dress roughly my age (47) if I'm out where others can see me. At home, though, I have cute "girly" clothes that are younger than my age. I especially like sleeping in a really cute Hello Kitty t-shirt designed for a young woman of about 18-20.

Eryn
02-14-2014, 06:33 PM
Recommending that people dress to suit their body type is good advice. But there's nothing especially "lucky" about having narrow hips as a woman. Make the most of your body, but no need to put down full-figured women in the process.

A number of my conversations with GGs close to my age indicates that many of them do consider having narrow hips to be a lucky happenstance. This does not in any way "put down" full-figured women.

Requal Jo
02-14-2014, 07:05 PM
How true your words are Roli. When my wife is present I do dress to my mature age however when she is not around the years drop off and a very young dressing Requal appears. Your percentages are spot on. The younger Requal is 30 years younger than I.

CarlaWestin
02-14-2014, 10:13 PM
So now y'all got me looking at gray and salt 'n pepper wigs. Can I still get that cute pink gingham dress?

Candy Cox
02-14-2014, 10:27 PM
Don't most of us girls wish to look "cute, pretty, attractive"? The media sure tells us that younger is prettier, etc.
I like dressing younger, I'm middle aged, but isn't 30 something the "ideal age to be"?
At that age we have (had) vitality, strength, and a decent level of maturity/wisdom.
I think all I've lost in aging is the physical strength, so wishing to be back there is a nice thought.
Candy

Leslie Langford
02-14-2014, 10:51 PM
If I were to dress according to my biological age, I'd be wearing loose-fitting, garish floral tops, pull-up pants with elastic waistbands, knee-highs, "granny" panties" paired with utilitarian bras, as well as "sensible" shoes. I'd also have blue-rinsed, permed hair firmly held in place with a ton of hairspray.

Ain't no way that's gonna happen...:eek:

Taylor Ray
02-14-2014, 11:31 PM
Well, not 'completely' different, just less threads about panties and more threads about diapers

Very interesting analysis as usual, Zylia. I was going to make a joke about diapers, but it just seems to be inappropriate no matter how it is worded.

Personally, I try to wear clothes that my peers wear. Not just "in the bedroom", but in the workplace, relaxing, etc.

Not all women wear skimpy maids uniforms to the workplace. I don't think.

Bima
02-15-2014, 06:38 AM
"I have noticed that many cross-dressers dress younger than their male side years"

It seems like a reasonable observation. The reason could perhaps be as follows:

Women (and men) are probably physically most attractive, and dress their best, between age 20-40 or so.
(no offence meant, I am not within the range)

One may assume that many CDs want to present themselves as an attractive women, and dress their best, which probably implies around their 30's.

The timespan for CDing is perhaps from the late teens to the end of life, or a decade before.

The average age of a CD would then be say between 70 and 20, i.e. 45.

So, on average, and by necessity of aging, CDs dress younger than they are :-)

Having said that, there are of course exceptions.
As a teenager, I liked the style of women in their 30's-45's rather than girls in my own age at the time.
However, I still opt for the same age range and hence looking for a younger style nowadays. Thus, kind of supporting the proposed explanation.

/Bima

Katie_89
02-15-2014, 06:41 AM
I dress like a 20-30 year old female would as I am that age.

Tina B.
02-15-2014, 10:15 AM
Guilty as charged, but I have a good excuse. I'm going on 70 years old, and I don't own a Polyester pant suit, and I'm not buying one. So yes, I do dress more like a fifty year old.
I never wear things that are real young, but younger than most women my age. They all wear pants, I prefer skirts,

Jenniferathome
02-15-2014, 12:34 PM
My observation from the responses here, as it always becomes with this kind of question/statement is that only a few have actually understood the message. Most jump to the "no one's gonna tell me what to wear," type of response or the, "I'm not going to dress like a grandma," angle.

Those who understand the message know that "age" is a range. The range has no rule, but every woman and man knows it when we see it. Regardless of whether you have a good body or not! "Stylish" has no age boundaries. "Garish" on the other hand does. Anyone, may dress any way they like, at any time. The consequence for such a choice is something that one must accept without complaint if making that choice.

tfguy
02-15-2014, 01:42 PM
My dressing is very limited and only at home, but certainly younger.

tfguy
02-15-2014, 02:12 PM
I am anonymous here, so I guess I can be honest. When I say "very limited", what I mean is that I agreed to not dress again until my wife initiates it. We have had talks, honest, difficult talks. She is very open-minded and accepting. The worst part for her was that I kept such a secret from her. With more time, I can wait, we will start anew experiencing it together. And only together, it will never be a substitute, only a complement. And, to get back to the thread, when it does I will certainly be dressing younger with lots of soft silky ****ty lingerie. That was hard to share, but honestly that is what I want. Let me add, I am very lucky to have such a wonderful wife and I mean that on all levels.

Kristy 56
02-15-2014, 02:34 PM
I'm 60, but try to dress younger than that. I figure that I'm a guy in a dress anyway , which to most people is kind of strange. So what the heck I'll wear what I like. When I used to go out a few years ago,I had just come out of a salon after having the legs waxed,was wearing a pair of Daisy Dukes and got whistled out.

Roli F
02-17-2014, 05:18 PM
Hi All
Thank you for all your responses, it was interesting reading all the input and comments from you all
cheers Roli

Danielle71
02-17-2014, 05:21 PM
I think a lot of GG's dress younger than their years as well. GG, CD or TS, I suppose we all like to show off our femininity the best we can. And for most of us it's by wearing what ever is in fashion at the moment.

kisses
Danielle

GinaD
02-17-2014, 10:54 PM
I still dress like I'm in my 20's sometimes just because I like the more revealing clothing. I probably look ridiculous but I just enjoy that kind of look, even if my perception is distorted. I like to show lots of skin and be as sexy as I think I can make myself. That is just me.

Aeslyn
02-17-2014, 11:20 PM
As they say, if it feels good do it... well same for clothing is my philosophy - if it feels good wear it. So I don't think I really dress a different age. However, I definitely think I act younger.

Jennifer S
02-17-2014, 11:21 PM
I'm guilty of that at times. I like to make up for lost time... I couldn't afford to dress the way I wanted to when I was 20 so I do now but only at home

Christen
02-17-2014, 11:25 PM
I know, appalling isn't it.

BLUE ORCHID
02-18-2014, 08:58 AM
Hi Roli, At 71 I can knock off 15yrs. with out a problem

countrygirl
02-18-2014, 09:13 AM
For me I am 32 but I have dressed older then I am actually am. Do not know why but I am more comfortable dressing older. Sometimes old as 65-90. Maybe just trying to be like m grandmother and my great grandmother. When I have dressed my age I do not feel comfortable dressing my age.

Lexi Moralas
02-18-2014, 09:14 AM
I say if yo like the style and can effectively pull it off go for it ,

natcrys
02-18-2014, 10:04 AM
On average I dress 3 to 4 days a month which 10 - 13 %. Given that math.. I'd be dressing like pre-teenager.. :P

I do dress like a 25 year old.. which is still considerably younger than my actual age. Ah well.. whatever works!

Martha G
02-18-2014, 06:56 PM
I will be 71 in less than 20 days.

These pictures make me look 15 to 20 years younger.

Why not? Keep that youthful spirit!

http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p410/bessielouquimby/Medressingyoung_zps729910ea.jpg

sissy paula
02-18-2014, 07:30 PM
maybe it's because we can be who we want to be.

PamelaMiller
03-04-2014, 08:30 PM
I definitely dress younger than my real age. I think it's because I want to be the hottie that I fantasize about - the one I couldn't be with when I was that age.

Krisi
03-05-2014, 08:43 AM
When I first started buying my clothes I bought some things that I now realize look pretty silly on me. Someone posted something about a "range". That's probably the best way to look at it. If you're getting social security, you'll look pretty silly in outfits a teenager would wear. I think we tend to get caught up in the glamor of dressing like women we see in movies or on TV and forget about the real women in our everyday lives.

Bottom line is, I try to dress as a woman my age would dress. A woman my age would try to look a bit younger than her actual age but would have the fashion sense to know just how young she can get away with without looking silly.

The test is to take photographs and then study them objectively. Do you look like a woman you might see on the street or in the mall? Or like something else?

Richelle423
03-05-2014, 12:37 PM
My philosophy is " act/dress like your shoe size not your age"!!

Cindy J Angel
03-06-2014, 06:41 PM
But u can get a way with it

Glenda58
03-06-2014, 06:54 PM
I dress a little younger than my age. Had someone tell that I was dressing younger than my age once. I told them Heck I wasn't even dressing my gender.

ShelbyDawn
03-06-2014, 09:58 PM
It occurs to me that this whole question is really kinda pointless.
Calendars and clocks are man made mechanisms invented to make sure we don't miss our next mani-pedi... :)
According to a physicist I heard talk a few years ago, the universe exists in more than 13 dimensions and at that point time is a constant.

Age is a fictitious concept...

Dress how you feel. :)

:hugs:

Shelby

PS. Anything else you want me to justify, just let me know. :)