PDA

View Full Version : Perfect neighborhood

trish lee
02-13-2014, 05:16 PM
Okay girls, I'm standing here getting dressed, when my wife says we need a cross dressing neighborhood so you can do whatever whenever. So the question is if you could would you pack up and move if you had the chance to live in such a place , would you? I said with all the queen's in the neighborhood there would probably be to much drama , LOL. I then said that we could buy a weekend house so we could go to the block parties and the pool in the summer. :)

Katey888
02-13-2014, 05:39 PM
Frankly, Trish - I could go for a little drama in my life... What's wrong with a bit of drama...? :)

OK - I think too much might be a bad thing, and perhaps there is some sort of critical CD mass that just spontaneously explodes if too many of us come together - perhaps as much as we are 'unusual' in ourselves, residing in a more mixed neighbourhood is possibly a better balance..

Be great to have that neighbourhood just down the road though.... (Does that make me a nimby? Perhaps just a realist.. )

And the parties would be great :D

Katey x

Raychel
02-13-2014, 05:47 PM
I can be packed and ready to go in no time, just say the word.
Has to be someplace where it doesn't snow very often though, :thinking:

Barbie Anne
02-13-2014, 05:52 PM
Sounds like fun but can you just imagine the feminine synergy? it'd either be heaven or hell lol.

trish lee
02-13-2014, 07:26 PM
I agree , my wife always talks about how sometimes the women cause the most drama , lol.

Tracii G
02-13-2014, 07:44 PM
Its a nice idea on paper but it could be too much of a good thing.:)
I like having my neighbors trying to figure me out.

Kristy 56
02-13-2014, 07:49 PM
I think I may have to agree with Traci on this. For me anyway, it would take away some of the mystery, intrigue and excitement. I kind of like thinking,if they only knew.

Anna H
02-13-2014, 07:51 PM
There's just got to be some little unsuspecting town somewhere
where we can just all move in and take over. :happy:

Rachelakld
02-13-2014, 08:07 PM
I like mine just the way it is,
Neighbours still wave in the mornings, even if I'm in my bra & nightie, and evenings when I'm in a dress or drab, and they both help out when the fence needs repairs and we chat briefly every few nights

Jorja
02-13-2014, 08:22 PM
Isn't there a community in Florida built on this idea? Seems to me there is. Could you imagine the drama? I prefer living on my own 240 acres and doing as I please, when I please.

Candy Cox
02-13-2014, 08:26 PM
I think I might like a neighborhood like that. I think that because I am in the closet and would really like a set of accepting friends to hang out with, in a dress and heels of course.
Maybe then I could do makeup and PERFUME !
Candy

Beverley Sims
02-13-2014, 10:45 PM
Trish,
Nothing wrong in engaging in a bit of fantasy now and then.
Certainly an interesting idea.
One setback, it would probably have communal rules of some kind.

lingerieLiz
02-13-2014, 11:59 PM
I don't think I would be interested. It is only one of my interests. Just because you share one interest with others why would you assume that they would make good neighbors. On the other hand they might.

Most people live in neighborhoods where they don't really know much about their neighbors. Over the years I've been friends with several neighbors yet some I've barely known them.

Jenniferathome
02-14-2014, 12:19 AM
.. so you can do whatever whenever. ..

Trisha, you CAN dress whenever. You choose not too.

Kate Simmons
02-14-2014, 05:43 AM
I would do it only if I can win the cake walk at the block party. :)

felicityefeminata
02-14-2014, 05:47 AM
Key West florida has my vote....very open minded, interesting areas..never snows

sonialexis
02-14-2014, 05:56 AM
I wouldn't mind this place at all. daydreaming about it now. i can handle drama better than I can handle hate.

noeleena
02-14-2014, 06:20 AM
Hi.

Does that mean you talk to every one you see then every day and work with some of them, some of you are in the same groups you have time for a cupper, and none of them care how you dress, gee this sounds good,

the guys across the road do cars and truck's = mechanic's and next doors on both side's are friends the 4 year old girl loves coming over the dog comes over to play with our's = sommer and i know most of our people,

Why would i wont to pack up and leave, plus the Museum is just down the road, where i work or spend time at meetings,

We'v been here 11 years now .you know what , you can make it work when... YOU... become part of the community where you live, Well i have, seeing is beliving ... living it ...is even better

...noeleena...

trish lee
02-14-2014, 06:52 AM
As far as rules go we would have to require a formal night, and we would need to decide whether to appoint a queen or elect a ms. Mayor to plan all the parties. LOL

Barbie Anne
02-14-2014, 06:58 AM
I agree but there'd have to be equal parts of formal teas, and wild pool parties :)

Anna H
02-14-2014, 07:11 AM
A Queen works for me. Whoever already has their own rhinestone tiara
may be already qualified.

sherri
02-14-2014, 11:38 AM
I doubt you're gonna find a crossdressing neighborhood, but I bet you could find a tolerant/accepting neighborhood in or near a bohemian or gay district somewhere.

Cheryl T
02-14-2014, 12:52 PM
No, I wouldn't. Not that I would object to being surrounded by accepting sisters and such, but as they say in Real Estate...it's all about Location, Location, Location.

AllieSF
02-14-2014, 02:08 PM
I am also on the side of a big NO! I could move into a senior development seeing that I have passed the minimum age requirement over 10 years ago. However, I really do not like being around my age group every day and seeing that same age group every day. I love the diversity of the real world. Also, as someone said above, I think that from what I have seen here over 7 years and in real life all over the San Francisco area, our genre of human beings does seem to have a large proportion of members that I would not want to have anything to do with from dressing styles to personalities, and especially the drama queens.

If being able to dress as you like and go out dressed in whatever mode you want to is so very important, and moving to a new place is not a big issue nor difficulty, then I think that moving to a new area can be a good idea. One would still need their own sufficient self confidence and courage to just start living their life from the start as they want, including varying their gender presentation and dealing with the looks, comments, etc. Yes, they could do that too where they are presently living, but sometimes starting anew someplace else is really better and could have a much better chance of success, as one meets new neighbors, work mates, store clerks and so on. It may surprise those people at first, but from what I have read here, people go out just about everywhere with little or no problems. It is actually very doable with minimum risks, except maybe for the employment area.

Jaymees22
02-14-2014, 02:13 PM
I think we are in a virtual crossdressing neighborhood right here and even though we all share a similar interest we are quite diverse. So using this as an example it might work or might not. Jaymee

franlee
02-14-2014, 04:26 PM
This is an interesting possibility. Here in Fl. we have organized communities that are Nudist and legal. So a CD community would not be a problem if it was the HOA rules that covered it from the beginning. But then again since CDing is not a criminal or civil offence it would only be an issue to interlopers buying into the community. Maybe I should check on starting such a gated community.

Adriana Moretti
02-14-2014, 04:34 PM
since we are dreaming here...when i hit the lotto for 186 million...i will build a development for us...with a indoor and outdoor pool,a gym, and a clubhouse for parties that has wall to wall mirrors, all are welcome to buy a condo, rent or stay the weekend .

Sarah21
02-14-2014, 08:55 PM
I think it would be lovely and sweet, I don't see why there would be any drama at all.

Unless of course someone had the cheek to wear the same dress as me, especially when everyone knows it makes her look fat.

Eryn
02-15-2014, 04:33 PM
Here in SoCal, the culture is that neighbors often don't socialize. We tend to pick friends based upon our affinities, and those friends might be miles distant. That tends to be good for CDers.

My neighbors recognize us and occasionally wave in greeting, but we very seldom talk. Our driveway is reasonably private and in most cases I can get into my car without being seen. If they were to see me back out and drive away in our car they'd probably think it was Mimi. If we were both in the car they would likely think that Mimi had a friend with her.

Devi is here
02-15-2014, 06:05 PM
Were so glad we live in the country, love our privacy ;)